Windows 10: Now Video Showing through New Laptop Screen & Old one

Discus and support Now Video Showing through New Laptop Screen & Old one in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a HP Probook 6550b that I bought off an old Ex-Coworker, who happened to have punched in his screen one day, and decided to hand off to me for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SotoPrior, Aug 25, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Now Video Showing through New Laptop Screen & Old one

I have a HP Probook 6550b that I bought off an old Ex-Coworker, who happened to have punched in his screen one day, and decided to hand off to me for about $10. I bought the Screen replacement assembly off of Ebay for quadruple the amount, (sadly enough) and had just received the part today. Some tedium of dissembling and reassembling the system of a couple hours later and it looked almost brand new. I hit the power button and Nothing. The lights came on and the whole CPU fan spun, but after a winding up, still nothing. I was about to go and refund my item, thinking that the screen was a dud, (after doing the whole repeated hypothesis of what the issue was, either HDD, Ram, or otherwise.) I was about to set a dispute out to get a refund, but out of a little curiosity and after digging in the dumpster for the old screen and having the screen wires, (A 40 pin, and this weird Ring Tipped wire sprouting at the side, that both of these came with,) I came to the same blank screen result. So now I have no image coming from either screens, and I think it might be playing in part from ring tipped wire that might be the issue, I'm not sure. What I do know is that usually laptop video connectors that I've seen, usually came as a single wire. However this one sprouted a loop at its hip for this one, so being it screwed to the motherboard that somehow be the sole cause, would be my guess at this point. It was already troublesome getting everything prepared up to this point, so any suggestions on what I maybe missing out or can fix to get either screen to project anything at this point would be grateful thanks.

:)

SotoPrior, Aug 25, 2018

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Aug 25, 2018
  3. N-Gen Win User
    Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Now Video Showing through New Laptop Screen & Old one

Old User Account Still Showing Up

My wife got a new laptop and I'm using her old one at work. While still on Windows 7, I deleted her account and set up a new one in my name as administrator. I then upgraded to Windows 10. Every time I restart the laptop, Windows 10 wants to default to
    her old account and shows it on the login screen. My account is listed in the lower left corner of the login screen as an additional account. I have to select my account instead of hers, enter my password and login as usual. Her name/old account is NOT
    listed under user accounts or family accounts, etc. I have not found any way to completely delete her account or any other evidence of her name on this laptop.

How can I get, what seems to be a ghost account off this laptop? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Steve Woolley Sr, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Now Video Showing through New Laptop Screen & Old one

1. Now Video Showing through New Laptop Screen & Old one - Similar Threads - Video Showing through

2. Resetting an old laptop without losing anything on the new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting an old laptop without losing anything on the new one: I recently got a new laptop. I want to reset and wipe my old laptop for someone else to use but I don’t want to lose anything on my new computer. I use OneDrive for backing up all my files. Both laptops are Acer Aspires. How do I do this without losing anything? Thanks!...
  3. I had videos in the old video editor in Windows 10, but now that the old video editor is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had videos in the old video editor in Windows 10, but now that the old video editor is no...: I’ve checked all my files but can’t seem to find them. Is it possible for me to re-download the old video editor on my laptop and then will it show my old videos?...
  4. I had videos in the old video editor in Windows 10, but now that the old video editor is no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had videos in the old video editor in Windows 10, but now that the old video editor is no...: I’ve checked all my files but can’t seem to find them. Is it possible for me to re-download the old video editor on my laptop and then will it show my old videos?...
  5. Using the license form an old laptop on a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using the license form an old laptop on a new one: I have an old laptop with windows pro that doesn't work anymore, and I wonder if it's possible to use that license instead of the Windows Single Language installed in my new laptop. The hard disk from the old laptop is still working and even I managed to obtain the windows...
  6. New Laptop Keep Synchronizing from the Old One

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Laptop Keep Synchronizing from the Old One: I have 2 laptops, 1 the old one and 1 the new one and both signed to my microsoft account since the old one I seldom use it and mostly stay at home with the new one is the one I usually use for my daily driver, the new one always synchronize with the old one such as the...
  7. Replace old laptop with a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replace old laptop with a new one: I have bought a new laptop with windows 10 home on it my old laptop there was windows 10 pro installed. How can I get this version on my new laptop, I have the old hard drive were windows pro on is installed....
  8. Video drivers for old laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video drivers for old laptop: I have HP laptop running Windows 10. After the last Windows update display resolution has changed and I cannot set it as I like. My laptop is using ATI Radeon X1350 video card. I tried to find drivers for this laptop but with no avail. I want to get 1440 x 900 resolution....
  9. Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10: Presently, I am in a possession of Fujitsu Lifebook T4310 Tablet PC, which I purchased in 2010. Microsoft has notified that they will discontinue with Windows 7 from January 2020. So I have been told to upgrade to a new Laptop which has windows 10. I would like to upgrade...
  10. Brand new laptop slower than old one

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand new laptop slower than old one: Two weeks ago I bought a Lenovo ideapad 320. The specs are in the "System Two" tab of the 'My Computers' info below. The problem is everything runs much slower than my older laptop ("System One" below). The worst issue is that Chrome takes 13 seconds to launch a completely...