Windows 10: Now Windows 10 lets you stream your phone audio via Bluetooth

Discus and support Now Windows 10 lets you stream your phone audio via Bluetooth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] 2020-05-29 Update: Microsoft is re-adding A2DP sink support to Windows 10 in version 2004. In the codebase of Windows 10 preview builds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ccrsxx, Aug 23, 2020.

1. /u/ccrsxx Win User

Now Windows 10 lets you stream your phone audio via Bluetooth

Now Windows 10 lets you stream your phone audio via Bluetooth _-JrJxzFHt9yv_4qost95eTo4vmqYBb75GjIxayXxB4.jpg
    2020-05-29 Update:

Microsoft is re-adding A2DP sink support to Windows 10 in version 2004.

In the codebase of Windows 10 preview builds, references to Bluetooth’s A2DP Sink feature has been spotted again, suggesting that the feature is making a comeback.

https://preview.redd.it/klv9b532ili...bp&s=8c213c950c84587b8c936aec8a048469fec2bba1

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/01/26/windows-10-a2dp-sink-bluetooth-support/

However, while Windows 10 BT driver did implement A2DP Sink protocol, you still need an application to explicitly open the connection to your device. Without said application, audio from your device will not be piped to your PC, despite the device might be shown as "ready" in sound control panel.

https://preview.redd.it/py3z06hmili...bp&s=1379a404230d0f1fa02856a51581565541b2eac5

A developer named Mark Smirnov developed a UWP application, Bluetooth Audio Receiver to manage the audio connection. After using his application to explicitly open the connection, the audio is finally piped to the PC correctly.

https://preview.redd.it/7jdlz8srjli...bp&s=c60605af8d19cef9e5e700a77753b56c270f2968

https://preview.redd.it/4t096kboili...bp&s=5fddacda6a8580bf5164aa0535318eae6ab9d5a7

The Caveat

This application does have a major inconvenience though - that it cannot operate in the background, requiring a window to be kept open at all times. This is an inherent limitation of UWP apps in general, as mentioned by the author in his app's description:

UWP application (unlike classic Win32) does not support working in the background...

It's kind of a shame this is the case. However I do expect alternative Win32 applications to start appearing soon enough.

How to install and use it

Requirements:

1. Windows 10 May 2020 update build 2004
    2. Bluetooth Audio Receiver from Microsoft Store

How to get it work:

1. Open bluetooth settings
    2. Turn Bluetooth on
    3. Add Bluetooth or other device
    4. Pair your phone to your PC (make sure your phone is paired by looking at your phone's name)

https://preview.redd.it/j025grwboli...bp&s=1536e87d5d26538f33712c8144a019a526dbff65

1. Open Bluetooth Audio Receiver that you've already downloaded

2. Click on connected device (your phone's name)

3. Click on open connection

Now you have successfully connected your phone's audio to your PC.

Note: If you've already paired your phone, skip step 3 and 4.

submitted by /u/ccrsxx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ccrsxx, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Nik_2296 Win User

Audio streaming over bluetooth not working on Windows 10

I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. Previously I was able to stream audio over Bluetooth from my android phone to my laptop. After I upgraded to windows 10, it said that my previous Bluetooth driver was uninstalled because it was not supported and installed
    new Bluetooth driver through windows update. After that, there is no facility to stream audio from my phone to my laptop. I connect my phone to pc, go to Control Panel->View Hardware and Sound Devices->Nexus 5->Properties->Services. Only Remote Control and
    MMS/SMS are listed there. No audio related service. How to fix this? Is this a limitation in windows 10?

P.S. - I have tried to update Bluetooth driver from device manager but it shows that driver is up to date. Sony has not released any Bluetooth driver for windows 10.

Nik_2296, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Narzan Q. Win User
    How do I stream Android audio to Windows 10 over bluetooth?

• First you must be sure your Bluetooth adapter have "A2DP" audio streaming
      feature. and be sure you setup the fully drivers not only peering service. Right click on bluetooth>OptionsSettings>COM Ports and check if your streaming service installed there
    • Second you Must setup your android driver on your PC, Just connect
      your Phone to your PC over USB port, and wait WIN10 to finish the
      driver update.
    • Last thing just setup your android synx program from your phone
      website

Last note: you can stream your audio over WiFi too, Just connect your phone and PC to the same Router "network" and you can find a lot of apps at android store to do that, It's more simple Now Windows 10 lets you stream your phone audio via Bluetooth :)

Narzan Q., Aug 23, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Now Windows 10 lets you stream your phone audio via Bluetooth - Similar Threads - lets stream phone

2. Your Phone NOW Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone NOW Phone Link: This applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11NOW available as of March 31st 2022Your Phone is NOW Phone LinkPlease > Store > Library for the Update to Phone Link. Once done Your Phone becomes Phone Link....
  3. Your Phone should allow you to stream audio from your computer to the headphones connected...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone should allow you to stream audio from your computer to the headphones connected...: submitted by /u/femikiki [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ormriy/your_phone_should_allow_you_to_stream_audio_from/
  4. Cannot send audio from my phone to Windows 10 via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send audio from my phone to Windows 10 via Bluetooth: I have a BCM94352HMB Wifi Card AzureWave Wifi/Bluetooth adapter in my Dell Laptop running Win 10 Pro. Some more details about the Bluetooth adapter: BCM20702A0, Product ID: 0x21fb and Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.) I have no problem pairing my phone with it and can...
  5. Windows 10 Your Phone app now lets you control your phone settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app now lets you control your phone settings: Microsoft’s Your Phone app has been around for a while now and it was updated last year with a bunch of exciting features. Your Phone app for Windows 10 currently lets you sync your photos/notifications and calls from your phone to your PC, and view Android apps on the...
  6. Windows 10 is connected to Bluetooth but no call audio in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is connected to Bluetooth but no call audio in Your Phone app: [ATTACH]Your Phone application makes it easy for you to send/receive texts and phone calls from your phone via your Windows computer. A common problem users experience when using this application is when they get an incoming call, the Your Phone app returns the following...
  7. How to Stream Android's Audio on Windows 10 2004 via Bluetooth

How to Stream Android's Audio on Windows 10 2004 via Bluetooth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asj2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzhpwq/how_to_stream_androids_audio_on_windows_10_2004/
  8. The Your Phone App got updated and now lets you control your phone using your mouse (or...

The Your Phone App got updated and now lets you control your phone using your mouse (or...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jasonj2232 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0vi5e/the_your_phone_app_got_updated_and_now_lets_you/
  9. Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth: Back in the old days, when Windows 7 was Microsoft’s flagship operating system, users were allowed to stream the music playing on the phone to their PCs over Bluetooth without third-party apps. On Windows 7 or older versions of Microsoft’s OS, you could right-click on...
  10. No bluetooth streaming via Android yet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bluetooth streaming via Android yet?: Hello, I paired my Android device to my newly installed Windows 10, and the option to listen to music from my Android device through my laptop speakers is not there anymore. I remember that, in Windows 8.1, after pairing the device, Windows installed some drivers and then...