Windows 10: NPAPI Deprecation is Costing us Thousands

Discus and support NPAPI Deprecation is Costing us Thousands in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With browsers stopping support for Java plugins we now can't access financial and record-keeping sites we need to keep our business going. We were... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mooreted, Mar 25, 2016.

1. mooreted Win User

NPAPI Deprecation is Costing us Thousands

With browsers stopping support for Java plugins we now can't access financial and record-keeping sites we need to keep our business going. We were using IE-Tab but they want $19.00 per user which means thousands of dollars in licencing. We're a small company and can't afford to pay just to access 3 or 4 sites we need to use. There must be some other solution.

Is there some way to use sites that have not updated in years and have no intention of doing so anytime soon without paying through the nose for it?

:)

mooreted, Mar 25, 2016
  2. SarahKong Win User

Creating an image fails with an 0x807800c5 error.

Also another thought is Microsoft has a great cloud solution called Azure.

This solution does cost but it is way you can securely and automatically backup to the cloud and restore on any device.

And it will not be deprecated.

I currently use it and love it.

Link with cost.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-ca/pricing/detai...

SarahKong, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Edge Browser and Video Downloader

not exactly Edge, but a thing is if you're using ie (or not firefox/chrome) because of the npapi issues, there is a workaround for that. use chrome with ie tabs (with ie 9 or 11 installed). if npapi isn't a problem, as MS said, edge (1.0?) isn't gonna
    have support for extensions. might want to go ie11 or FF/GC.

Netto`Hikari, Mar 25, 2016
  4. mooreted Win User

Here is the problem we are having:

Welcome to the FMS FOCUS Financial Applications SuiteYour session will launch in a separate window.
    Do not close this window, as this will end your FOCUS sessions.
    You can start additional sessions by clicking on the button belowThere is no suitable Java Runtime Environment (JRE) found on this system.
    The LegaSuite GUI Java Client requires version 1.5 or higher to run correctly.

Install the latest Java Runtime Environment

FOCUS Financials - © 2010 - FMS, Inc.

mooreted, Mar 25, 2016
  5. mooreted Win User
    I guess I could let users use FireFox and never update it again.

mooreted, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NPAPI Deprecation is Costing us Thousands - Similar Threads - NPAPI Deprecation Costing

2. Will Windows Script Runtime scrrun.dll be deprecated as well when VBScript is deprecated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows Script Runtime scrrun.dll be deprecated as well when VBScript is deprecated?: VBScript is in the list of deprecated features of Windows:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/deprecated-featuresBut it's unclear when VBScript is finally deprecated, will scrrun.dll be deprecated as well?For example, if a function uses Scripting.Dictionary...
  3. Why was HTA deprecated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why was HTA deprecated: I still make my apps using HTA since I don't have Visual Studio I only have 8 GB remaining and VS is 20 GB which is like half my original amount of space but why was it deprecated. Is there any specific reason or was it just old and Microsoft decided to deprecate it....
  4. Virtualization deprecated

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualization deprecated: Virtualization is not false positive its a positive virus. Why you wanna greed on having virtual machine or anything virtual to protect physics. All virtualization is synchronized and malfunctioned grade virus. Please disable VTX TXT and other in bios it is what exactly...
  5. Ram cost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram cost: Hiii please help me which brand should I buy to run fifa 18 n 19 smoothly without lag and stuttering issues... and if I add 4 GB Additional ram is fine right??? wont there be problem please help me someone Also which brand is best to buy and how much it will cost My Dell...
  6. MS: Why does Windows cost more with fewer features outside the US?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS: Why does Windows cost more with fewer features outside the US?: [img] When Windows 10 was launched, Cortana was one of its most-hyped new features. As a hitherto never-seen digital assistant, it was said to help users around the world "get more out of Windows". Here is what Microsoft said on the day of the Windows 10 launch, July 29th,...
  7. What is a deprecated cookie?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is a deprecated cookie?: When I run SuperAntispyware, I'm told there is a deprecated cookie. What does that mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-deprecated-cookie/7ceefbd6-8a97-48fb-a60b-45587672b622
  8. Deprecated

Deprecated: Deprecated - please delete 36590
  9. Task scheduler deprecated

Task scheduler deprecated: When i go to schedule a message for the desktop, i get an error that states task scheduler is deprecated. Now i read somewhere that this was also the case in win8. Anyone have this issue and or have a resolve for this? 11101
  10. Is Windows Switcher Deprecated

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows Switcher Deprecated: Is it true I shall no longer see this 'switch box' in Windows 10? [img] 11111

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone deprecation