Windows 10: NPS Server and DHCP Problem

Discus and support NPS Server and DHCP Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We are running Windows Server 2012/2016 Network Policy Server - With 802.1x authentication, when NPS submits a query to a Domain Controller with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KenMiller4, Dec 17, 2018.

1. NPS Server and DHCP Problem

We are running Windows Server 2012/2016 Network Policy Server - With 802.1x authentication, when NPS submits a query to a Domain Controller with a computer name, does it trigger the Windows 10 client to request an extension to the leased DHCP address?

:)

KenMiller4, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

The DHCP Server service terminated without a valid clue

Hi Chhetri Suman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol): Every device on TCP/IP needs unique IP address to access the network. DHCP controls the allotment of IP addresses. However, if
    you can access internet, DHCP should work fine. But if there is some issue with the internet, you can follow these steps and resolve the DHCP error.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Network and internet > click on Change adapter settings
      on the left pane.

NPS Server and DHCP Problem 09619031-1f13-4ca0-a6dd-259b95a37c89?upload=true.png

4. Right click on the Ethernet connection you are using and select properties.

5. Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.

6. Check the following radio boxes:

• Obtain an IP address automatically
    • Obtain DNS server address automatically

NPS Server and DHCP Problem 234a8777-d812-4c80-9703-8d6b427e49d2?upload=true.jpg

7. Now windows 10 will retrieve the IP address automatically.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Communicating with the DNS server

Since you got the error "unable to contact your DHCP server", this could be due to a disabled DHCP client. We suggest following these steps to enable it:

• Click Start.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Find DHCP Client from the list of services and check the status.
    • If DHCP Client isn't running, right-click it and choose
      Start.
    • The DHCP Client Startup type should be
      Automatic. If it's not, double-click it, choose Automatic.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

Check if you can use the ipconfig /renew command after enabling the DHCP Client. If you're still unable to connect to the Internet after this, we recommend uninstalling your network
    adapter driver by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose Device manager.
    • Click the arrow beside Network adapters and double-click your network adapter.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall device.
    • Restart your computer. This will prompt Windows to automatically reinstall the correct driver.

Let us know what happens after enabling the DHCP Client and reinstalling the network adapter driver.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 17, 2018
  4. efes---01 Win User

NPS Server and DHCP Problem

Belle & Anna Radius Negotiation (NPS>PEAP)

It seems its becoming a habit for me to solve my own posts..

The actual result came from a Nokia engineer, which solved the problem completely.

BypassNegotiation

• On the NPS server start regedit.exe
    • goto HKLM>System>CurrentControlSet>Services>Rasman>PPP>EAP>25
    • Add DREG value BypassNegotiation
    • Set the value 0 to 1.
    • Restart the NPS Server Service
    SOLVED.

efes---01, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

NPS Server and DHCP Problem

1. NPS Server and DHCP Problem - Similar Threads - NPS Server DHCP

2. Cannot reach the DHCP server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reach the DHCP server.: I have tried restarting the network adaptor, modem and PC. Other devices connects to my wifi except my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reach-the-dhcp-server/fc7113ae-1299-4266-bef6-c15546f1032a
  3. Cannot reach the DHCP server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reach the DHCP server.: I have tried restarting the network adaptor, modem and PC. Other devices connects to my wifi except my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reach-the-dhcp-server/fc7113ae-1299-4266-bef6-c15546f1032a
  4. windows RADIUS 2022 NPS server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows RADIUS 2022 NPS server: I have recently installed windows 2022 radius server and will need to understand about certificate and cisco switch configuration to authenticate and activate aaa.Could you please provide me step by step process to configure cisco switch and certificate? ?...
  5. windows RADIUS 2022 NPS server

windows RADIUS 2022 NPS server: I have recently installed windows 2022 radius server and will need to understand about certificate and cisco switch configuration to authenticate and activate aaa.Could you please provide me step by step process to configure cisco switch and certificate? ?...
  6. Problem with DHCP server and error 20322

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DHCP server and error 20322: Hi,I was running server 2012R2 with DHCP server. This server is not part of domain and it is just running CCTV system and provide IP address to cameras. I do not have DNS server running as there is no need for it. Everything was working fine until Recently I've migrated from...
  7. Problem with DHCP server and error 20322

Problem with DHCP server and error 20322: Hi,I was running server 2012R2 with DHCP server. This server is not part of domain and it is just running CCTV system and provide IP address to cameras. I do not have DNS server running as there is no need for it. Everything was working fine until Recently I've migrated from...
  8. NPS server service is not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NPS server service is not starting: NPS server service is failing to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nps-server-service-is-not-starting/5b3401f8-ad8d-43f6-a4b9-187bc2623a45
  9. NPS server service is not starting

NPS server service is not starting: NPS server service is failing to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nps-server-service-is-not-starting/5b3401f8-ad8d-43f6-a4b9-187bc2623a45
  10. DHCP server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DHCP server: Ik ben al een poosje op zoek naar een DHCP server, hoe kom ik daaraan? En welke kan ik veilig downloaden of staat hij al op Windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dhcp-server/7a23e6b2-1268-43bd-a917-9c41ece58bb2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hichhetri canlv