Windows 10: NSI service taking a long time to start

Discus and support NSI service taking a long time to start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.504 My computer all of a sudden is taking a long time to start up. After the BIOS logo screen, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenJRooney, Jun 13, 2019.

1. NSI service taking a long time to start

Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.504

My computer all of a sudden is taking a long time to start up. After the BIOS logo screen, the screen goes black for as much as 20 minutes. The mouse pointer is visible and can be moved during this time. Eventually the login screen appears and from there the computer works at a normal speed, it is only the boot time that is slow.

Looking in the Event Viewer there are warnings from the NSI service:

The following service is taking more than 3 minutes to start and may have stopped responding: Network Store Interface Service

Event ID is 7044

There are also lots of other Service Control Manager entries in the system log, mostly due to dependencies on the NSI service.

Why should this nsi service take so long to start up and what can I do to fix it?

:)

StephenJRooney, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue:

1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services other than Microsoft services).
    2. Defrag/optimize hard drive (not SSD).
    3. Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
    4. Check the Event Viewer.

Here I found multiple warnings and errors:

1. Event 6005, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).
    2. Event 7022, The Connected Devices Platform Service service hung on starting. (and a few like it, only with different services)
    3. Event 6006, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 936 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).
    4. Event 6004, The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> failed a critical notification event.
    5. Event 6001, The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> failed a notification event.

After some googling, I continued with the following steps:

5. Disable "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" and "Run logon scripts synchronously" in the Group Policy Editor.
    6. Do an in-place upgrade/repair.

There are probably some other steps I've missed, but I think that covers most of it. I'm fed up with this problem, but I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows. If anyone has any solutions or ideas, I'm open to anything at this point.

Thanks in advance!

JFischer00, Jun 13, 2019
  3. unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2019
  4. NSI service taking a long time to start

It take long time to start and open the any program

Hi,

Based on the information you have provided on your post, we may need to do further investigation. To better assist you, please provide the following:

• Were there any changes made to the system prior to the issue?
    • Is this happening on a specific browser? If so, have you tried using other browsers?

We suggest performing a clean boot. There might be startup services or programs that could be interfering with the browser activity. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click
    here.

Do let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

NSI service taking a long time to start

1. NSI service taking a long time to start - Similar Threads - NSI service taking

2. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  3. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  4. The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start: I noticed that the above programs are running with a lag of exactly 2 minutes. Processor during this time does not load the word completely Cycles in CPU does not increase. How is it possible to find out what is wrong? There are suspicions that it may be either the video card...
  5. The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start: I noticed that the above programs are running with a lag of exactly 2 minutes. Processor during this time does not load the word completely Cycles in CPU does not increase. How is it possible to find out what is wrong? There are suspicions that it may be either the video card...
  6. CSGO takes a long time to start in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    CSGO takes a long time to start in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this guide, we’re to talk about what you can do if CSGO takes a long time to start in Windows 11. Without any second thought, Counter-Strike Global Offensive aka CSGO is the best multiplayer first shooter game. And even after almost a decade since its release, its...
  7. Nsi Proxy Service Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nsi Proxy Service Driver: So I’ve been on a wild goose chase all day trying to find the dependencies for WLANautoconfig and have finally managed to do so. One of these is Network Store interface service properties. It’s dependencies are RPC and then the an SI proxy service driver. RPC is running so I...
  8. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  9. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  10. video taking very long time to start playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    video taking very long time to start playing: Is it a hardware problem? Or is it normal ? I have some videos on a spinning hard drive, I tried to play back one of it, it's not large, probably 2-3GB in size, but the default windows player kept me waiting at least 30 seconds before it starts to playback. System, intel i5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nsi windows service cant start

2. the winlogon notification subscriber <profiles> is taking a long time to handle the notification event (logon).

3. NSI service taking a long time to start