Windows 10: nsis error-is it fake?

Discus and support nsis error-is it fake? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How can I get the nsis error off my computer at start up? Tried the website and consequent download reimage program and no help. Is all this some kind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GARY LORIELLIOTT, Feb 28, 2019.

1. nsis error-is it fake?

How can I get the nsis error off my computer at start up? Tried the website and consequent download reimage program and no help. Is all this some kind of spyware or something?

:)

GARY LORIELLIOTT, Feb 28, 2019

2. NSIS Error - STILL not working.

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

There could be a software installation problem while you are trying to install software with the NSIS installer. If the NSIS cannot install something, the error which occurs could be due to several reasons. For example, improper configuration settings,
    corrupted installation files, firewalls, viruses, etc. It could also be a NSIS installer issue where the source program to be installed does not have a complete control over the software.

NSIS errors usually occur under one of the following conditions:

• Software files downloaded from the Internet are not complete.

• Downloaded software files have been modified from the original version.

• The computer is infected with a virus/malware.

• Physical media being used to install the program is damaged.

• Required hardware (For example, CD/DVD drive) is malfunctioning.
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

Try to rename the downloaded installer file and check if it helps. If the name of the downloaded installer files comprises multiple words, rename it to have only one word for e.g.
    SoftwareNameInstaller.exe.

Step 2.

You can also try downloading the software installer file from another approved source and check if it helps.

Step 3.

I also suggest you to run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance.
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 28, 2019
  3. NSIS Error and no scrolling on synaptic touch-pad with Windows 10 update?

Hi HS,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

The NSIS Error message you are getting may be due the system is affected and the mouse issue may be due to the mouse driver is outdated. Let’s try simple step and check if this helps.

Step 1.

For the issue with NSIS Error message, I suggest you to run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow
    down computer performance. Visit the below link to run Microsoft Safety Scanner.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Step 2.

For the issue with mouse, I would suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the touchpad synaptic driver and install the same in compatibility mode.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2861831

To install the driver in compatibility mode. Follow the steps.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

nsis error-is it fake?

NSIS error after fresh install

Hi,

NSIS error may occur from the following scenarios:

• Software files downloaded from the Internet are not complete.
    • Downloaded software files have been modified from the original version.
    • Your PC is infected with a virus.
    • Physical media being used to install the program is damaged.
    • Required hardware (Example: CD/DVD drive) is malfunctioning.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try running the System File Checker tool to scan and repair missing or corrupted system files. Click

here
    for more information on how to run the System File Checker tool on Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

nsis error-is it fake?

1. nsis error-is it fake? - Similar Threads - nsis error fake

2. WHAT IS "NSIS"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT IS "NSIS": I keep getting a message that is titled "NSIS Erro" and then something about the Installer can't continue. My Facebook account was recently breached, and I'm concerned that this may be connected and now my computer ad all of my files may be at risk. My husband just says to...
  3. NSIS error that says error launching installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NSIS error that says error launching installer: Split from this thread. RAV antivirus service/driver may have caused the error.NSIS "Error Launching Installer" but I am not launching - Microsoft CommunityWhen I try to uninstall RAV the NSIS error pops again how should I fix it?...
  4. NSIS error that says error launching installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NSIS error that says error launching installer: Split from this thread. RAV antivirus service/driver may have caused the error.NSIS "Error Launching Installer" but I am not launching - Microsoft CommunityWhen I try to uninstall RAV the NSIS error pops again how should I fix it?...
  5. NSIS Error pops with no installation going on

NSIS Error pops with no installation going on: Hi there!For some unknown reason I've recently started getting the NSIS Error pop-up on my Lenovo laptop. From what I've read it's connected to a broken/unfinished installation issue, but the thing is - I've not installed any new program in forever. I've checked for viruses,...
  6. NSIS Error pops with no installation going on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NSIS Error pops with no installation going on: Hi there!For some unknown reason I've recently started getting the NSIS Error pop-up on my Lenovo laptop. From what I've read it's connected to a broken/unfinished installation issue, but the thing is - I've not installed any new program in forever. I've checked for viruses,...
  7. NSIS error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NSIS error: While i am downloading and installing code block it shows NSIS error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nsis-error/31dac632-bcdb-4133-83e5-a24fba3ebcce
  8. NSIS Error: Error launching installer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NSIS Error: Error launching installer: Hello, I keep getting this error when trying to install some programs. (Teamspeak, AMD Radeon Software, and many more). I tried downloading multiple times with multiple browsers. [ATTACH] Current version: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.107 Current setup: MSI...
  9. NSIS Error on multiple programs

NSIS Error on multiple programs: Hello, I have had NSIS Errors while installing programs like F.lux, MSI Afterburner or TI-Connect while programs like steam, spotify, logitech gaming software work perfectly. I've had this problem since I've got my laptop. It's an Asus and it has had this problem since day...
  10. NSIS Error- Error launching installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NSIS Error- Error launching installer: Hello, This problem occurred after a system reset. I have Windows 10 Home. I want to install CodeBlocks with compiler from official site. After downloading the file the security scan takes at least 2 minutes to check the 80 mb file and after that it is unusable. I know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nsis installer error