Windows 10: NSIS error when trying to install Logitech Options software 8.36.86

Discus and support NSIS error when trying to install Logitech Options software 8.36.86 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a new Lenovo P17 Thinkpad laptop with 64-bit win10. After installing all updates both needed and optional and updated the BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lil'Jeff, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Lil'Jeff Win User

NSIS error when trying to install Logitech Options software 8.36.86

Hello,

I purchased a new Lenovo P17 Thinkpad laptop with 64-bit win10. After installing all updates both needed and optional and updated the BIOS per Lenovo, went to install a brand new MX Master 3 mouse. Installed Setpoint which adds tabs to the normal mouse settings box to tailor and control the various extra buttons and such. I was prompted to download from Logitech Options software 8.36.86. Upon downloading, Windows blocked it saying that it was an incomplete or dangerous file. After approving it, ran it but immediately received an NSIS error installer integrity check has failed. Found other mirrored sites - same for all downloads. Logitech also had 3 older versions of this program - all got same error and none worked. I found a work around by opening command line as admin and pointing to the file path with a /NCRC after it. This allowed the install program to begin. I answered the obligatory questions and it states it is installing and will take a few minutes - this never ends. Restarted in Safe Mode - nope, turned off firewall and app control - no avail. Attempted to download on another Lenovo different model, but still 64-bit Win10. Windows did not flag the program, I could install it no issues. Nothing can be found on Logitech, Microsoft or Lenovo websites with a similar issue. Any ideas?

Jeff in Seattle

:)

Lil'Jeff, Mar 27, 2021

2. NSIS Error - STILL not working.

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

There could be a software installation problem while you are trying to install software with the NSIS installer. If the NSIS cannot install something, the error which occurs could be due to several reasons. For example, improper configuration settings,
    corrupted installation files, firewalls, viruses, etc. It could also be a NSIS installer issue where the source program to be installed does not have a complete control over the software.

NSIS errors usually occur under one of the following conditions:

• Software files downloaded from the Internet are not complete.

• Downloaded software files have been modified from the original version.

• The computer is infected with a virus/malware.

• Physical media being used to install the program is damaged.

• Required hardware (For example, CD/DVD drive) is malfunctioning.
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

Try to rename the downloaded installer file and check if it helps. If the name of the downloaded installer files comprises multiple words, rename it to have only one word for e.g.
    SoftwareNameInstaller.exe.

Step 2.

You can also try downloading the software installer file from another approved source and check if it helps.

Step 3.

I also suggest you to run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance.
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Kbird Win User
    Latest Logitech SetPoint Software

Thanks for the Heads Up on Setpoint....

might I suggest a new pinned thread for the Options Software too ( updated Aug 20th) since all Newer Logitech Products use it.
    Eg Mx2, M510 and most other products with a Unifying receiver including Keyboards etc

Logitech Options - Logitech Support

• Software Version: 6.92.275
    • Post Date: Aug 20, 2018
    • File Size: 149 MB

Kbird, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Latest Logitech Options Software

Latest Logitech Options Released

NSIS error when trying to install Logitech Options software 8.36.86 [​IMG]

NSIS error when trying to install Logitech Options software 8.36.86 [​IMG]
    Note Date: January 15, 2020
    Software Version: 8.10.84
    OS supported: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
    File Size: 195 MB

Download: Logitech Options

Logitech Options lets you toggle between standard and enhanced key functions on your Mac, displays battery status, and more.

Why Update?
    • Added support for MX Master 3 wireless mouse
    • Added support for MX Keys wireless keyboard

Brink, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

1. NSIS error when trying to install Logitech Options software 8.36.86 - Similar Threads - NSIS error trying

2. NSIS error that says error launching installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NSIS error that says error launching installer: Split from this thread. RAV antivirus service/driver may have caused the error.NSIS "Error Launching Installer" but I am not launching - Microsoft CommunityWhen I try to uninstall RAV the NSIS error pops again how should I fix it?...
  3. NSIS Error pops with no installation going on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NSIS Error pops with no installation going on: Hi there!For some unknown reason I've recently started getting the NSIS Error pop-up on my Lenovo laptop. From what I've read it's connected to a broken/unfinished installation issue, but the thing is - I've not installed any new program in forever. I've checked for viruses,...
  4. Installing Logitech Unifying Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Logitech Unifying Software: Windows 11We just purchased an HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11. A copy of the Logitech Unifying software was downloaded. When attempting to open the app we get a dialog complaining: “The app you are trying to install isn’t a Microsoft-verified app.”We selected the...
  5. Installing Logitech Unifying Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Logitech Unifying Software: Windows 11We just purchased an HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11. A copy of the Logitech Unifying software was downloaded. When attempting to open the app we get a dialog complaining: “The app you are trying to install isn’t a Microsoft-verified app.”We selected the...
  6. NSIS error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NSIS error: While i am downloading and installing code block it shows NSIS error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nsis-error/31dac632-bcdb-4133-83e5-a24fba3ebcce
  7. NSIS Error: Error launching installer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NSIS Error: Error launching installer: Hello, I keep getting this error when trying to install some programs. (Teamspeak, AMD Radeon Software, and many more). I tried downloading multiple times with multiple browsers. [ATTACH] Current version: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.107 Current setup: MSI...
  8. Getting BSOD when I try to install Logitech Gaming Software. Error Code: LGBusEnum.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD when I try to install Logitech Gaming Software. Error Code: LGBusEnum.sys: Hi everyone, As the title of my problem states I am getting the BSOD whenever I try to download the Logitech Gaming Software, I have contacted Logitech customer support directly and went through all their suggested tips to no avail. The tech support suggested I contact...
  9. NSIS Error- Error launching installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NSIS Error- Error launching installer: Hello, This problem occurred after a system reset. I have Windows 10 Home. I want to install CodeBlocks with compiler from official site. After downloading the file the security scan takes at least 2 minutes to check the 80 mb file and after that it is unusable. I know...
  10. Latest Logitech Options Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Logitech Options Software: Latest Logitech Options Released [img] Note Date: October 1, 2018 Software Version: 6.94.17 OS supported: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 File Size: 149 MB Download: Logitech Options Logitech Options software lets you customize your device's settings as follows: Change...