Windows 10: nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

Discus and support nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have the same problem that this mate, and I have read the solution from another guy in this foro but Iam not developer and there are some things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vanesa Varga, Jan 4, 2023.

1. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

Hi,I have the same problem that this mate, and I have read the solution from another guy in this foro but Iam not developer and there are some things that I cant understand:How can I run FRST? Thank you in advance

:)

Vanesa Varga, Jan 4, 2023
  2. MuhammadIchlas, Jan 4, 2023
  3. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

Hi everyone, I'm Junior Web Developer who code using windows 10. and I just got front-end project using vue as main framework.

Everything seems to be fine, until lately my pc felt slowing down. Turn out, there is a program that commit (aprox ) 2.5GB from my 8GB of RAM. It is called "nslookup.exe". At first, I just killed the program, and I got my 2.5GB space RAM back and everything just run normally, no crash or anything. Only for 5-10 minutes, the program start to run again for some reason and took the same amount of my space RAM, 2.5GB

I search about it, asked why this program keep running and do nothing useful from what I see. Or maybe I just using it without knowing it, I had no idea about it.

Here what it look:

nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM 93e44a25-66d4-4014-90b5-2281acb8e095?upload=true.png

I planned to reinstall my windows 10 if this issue keep occurred. Before doing so, is there any clue, steps or guidance in some article out there that can help?

Any help is appreciated. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM :)

And sorry for my english, it is not my main language.

MuhammadIchlas, Jan 4, 2023
  4. AB__ Win User

nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc.

Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly goes down to processes
    not using more than 5 MB, than 1 MB, and the list is not endless, I can clearly see (without adding one-by-one) that the about 870 MB my user account takes, according to the Task Manager, are more or less correct, certainly not above 1 GB, from 16.

According to the Task Manager, just 45 % of memory is free though:

182 Processes, 2680 Thread, 70,000 Handlers, CPU 1 %.

Available memory 7.3 GB of 15.9 GB = 45 %, this remains stable, before I start any other program.

In use (compressed) 6,9 GB (0 MB)

Committed 7.7 GB of 18.3 GB (my graphics card also has 2 GB, so this might explain the difference between 16 and 18.3).

Pages pool 184 MB

Non-pages pool 176 MB.

So does W10 64 bit really need, above the user account's less than 1 GB, another almost 7 GB, so that from my 16 GB, just 7.7 GB remain usable for my software (except for "Everything"'s 470 MB)?

I had installed, and de-installed (!), 2 RAM-Disks some weeks ago, and I don't see any residuals from them, but could them be the culprits? Wouldn't that be shown in the above numbers?

Is Windows really that bad, or might I have non-Windows problems on my pc?

AB__, Jan 4, 2023
Thema:

nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

1. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM - Similar Threads - nslookup exe Commit

2. Why is my "Commited RAM" showing e,g.:9.2 GB/63.7 GB on 32 GB RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my "Commited RAM" showing e,g.:9.2 GB/63.7 GB on 32 GB RAM?: Recently upgrade my 16 GB DDR4 gaming laptop to 32 GB DDR4. I took it to a professional computer engineer to do so, so i am sure he has not done anything wrong.But as the title says, why is my 32 GB RAM showing the commited memory has a maximum of 63? Does this mean i can...
  3. Why is my "Commited RAM" showing e,g.:9.2 GB/63.7 GB on 32 GB RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my "Commited RAM" showing e,g.:9.2 GB/63.7 GB on 32 GB RAM?: Recently upgrade my 16 GB DDR4 gaming laptop to 32 GB DDR4. I took it to a professional computer engineer to do so, so i am sure he has not done anything wrong.But as the title says, why is my 32 GB RAM showing the commited memory has a maximum of 63? Does this mean i can...
  4. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi,I have the same problem that this mate, and I have read the solution from another guy in this foro but Iam not developer and there are some things that I cant understand:How can I run FRST? Thank you in advance...
  5. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi,I have the same problem that this mate, and I have read the solution from another guy in this foro but Iam not developer and there are some things that I cant understand:How can I run FRST? Thank you in advance...
  6. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi everyone, I'm Junior Web Developer who code using windows 10. and I just got front-end project using vue as main framework.Everything seems to be fine, until lately my pc felt slowing down. Turn out, there is a program that commit aprox 2.5GB from my 8GB of RAM. It is...
  7. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi everyone, I'm Junior Web Developer who code in windows 10. lately, I got front-end project using vue as main framework.Everything seems to be fine, until lately my pc felt slowing down. Turn out, there is a program that commit aprox 2.5GB from my 8GB of RAM. It is called...
  8. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi everyone, I'm Junior Web Developer who code in windows 10. lately, I got front-end project using vue as main framework.Everything seems to be fine, until lately my pc felt slowing down. Turn out, there is a program that commit aprox 2.5GB from my 8GB of RAM. It is called...
  9. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...
  10. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...