Windows 10: NsLookup process prevents sleep

Discus and support NsLookup process prevents sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; To put it short: After the newest Windows 10 Update for some reason my Laptop cannot go to sleep.Tried using the Power options, did not work out but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Arif Bayu, May 24, 2023.

1. Arif Bayu Win User

NsLookup process prevents sleep

To put it short: After the newest Windows 10 Update for some reason my Laptop cannot go to sleep.Tried using the Power options, did not work out but when I check using powercfg command, I found this:file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/nslookup%20Screenshot%202023-05-24%20160045.jpgfor some reason the site refuses to load picturesAccording to the powercfg command, the nslookup program is preventing the awaymode process which i presume the process to set your PC to go to sleep.Is there any way to make the nslookup process stopped during operation or before startup?

:)

Arif Bayu, May 24, 2023
  2. philc43 Win User

which processes prevent sleep?

Well there are no obvious processes listed as preventing your system from sleeping. Have you tried leaving your PC on overnight or for several hours to see if it eventually completes any running tasks and finally goes to sleep?

philc43, May 24, 2023
  3. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 24, 2023
  4. NsLookup process prevents sleep

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 24, 2023
Thema:

NsLookup process prevents sleep

1. NsLookup process prevents sleep - Similar Threads - NsLookup process prevents

2. DNS NSlookup Debugging question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS NSlookup Debugging question: I have been searching the internet and have not found the answer to my question and I don't know if this is the correct location to ask it. BUT when you are using the exhaustive debugging set d2 option of nslookup, it seems to omit information? Either that or I don't know how...
  3. DNS NSlookup Debugging question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS NSlookup Debugging question: I have been searching the internet and have not found the answer to my question and I don't know if this is the correct location to ask it. BUT when you are using the exhaustive debugging set d2 option of nslookup, it seems to omit information? Either that or I don't know how...
  4. DNS NSlookup Debugging question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. NsLookup process prevents sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NsLookup process prevents sleep: To put it short: After the newest Windows 10 Update for some reason my Laptop cannot go to sleep.Tried using the Power options, did not work out but when I check using powercfg command, I found...
  6. NsLookup process prevents sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NsLookup process prevents sleep: To put it short: After the newest Windows 10 Update for some reason my Laptop cannot go to sleep.Tried using the Power options, did not work out but when I check using powercfg command, I found...
  7. windows 2004 MoUSO Core Worker Process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevent my PC to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 2004 MoUSO Core Worker Process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevent my PC to sleep automatically: Windows 2004 MoUSO Core Worker Process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevent my PC to sleep automatically after update on August, i used CMD "powercfg -quests" it shows MoUsoCoreWorker.exe constantly don't want my PC sleep when idle after 15 mins, but i can sleep manually on Windows...
  8. NSLOOKUP PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NSLOOKUP PROBLEM: Hi everyone, I have an F5 DNS, I have configured his listeners ..... he resolves all URL asked with NSLOOKUP except the client URL he returns the IP of F5 listener when I do a nslookup -debug URL or nslookup -type=soa URL, it shows the right canonical name, to be sure that...
  9. Soundblaster Z preventing sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundblaster Z preventing sleep: So, I installed a new SoundBlaster Z card and now my computer will not auto-sleep. I can put it to sleep manually, but when my overnight backups kick in, it will not go back to sleep. See attached screenshot. This occurs straight from a Windows restart. Any ideas on this?...
  10. which processes prevent sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    which processes prevent sleep?: my computer will go to sleep after 30 minutes, as scheduled, but only if I have not signed in to my user account. once I sign in, it will not automatically sleep, and the monitor will not dim. what processes are likely to be interfering with sleep? I can put it into sleep...