Windows 10: NSudo: run processes as System or TrustedInstaller on Windows

Discus and support NSudo: run processes as System or TrustedInstaller on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; NSudo is an open source application for Microsoft Windows devices that adds options to Windows operating systems to run processes as TrustedInstaller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 27, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

NSudo: run processes as System or TrustedInstaller on Windows

NSudo is an open source application for Microsoft Windows devices that adds options to Windows operating systems to run processes as TrustedInstaller or System. The program is compatible with Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system and newer versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 10, and available as 32-bit, 64-bit and ARM versions.

NSudo can be run from the command line or by using a graphical user interface; all of these components are included in the package that you download from the application's official release download page on GitHub.

NSudo is a tool for advanced users and system administrators, as it may be used to change system settings and files that are protected by the system. Examples include disabling services that cannot be disabled, even when you access the Services management interface using an elevated account, gaining control over certain Registry sections, or deleting files that cannot be deleted otherwise.

Download the latest release package from the GitHub repository to get started. You need to extract it to a folder on the system. NSudo does not need to be installed, you can use it right after you have downloaded and extracted the archive.

You have several options now; one is to open the NSudo Launcher folder, then the folder that matches the system's architecture, e.g. x64, and then the program NSudoLG.exe to open the graphical user interface. You need to right-click on the program and select "run as administrator".

Tip: you can also run nsudo.bat in the root folder as administrator as it detects the architecture automatically and launches the right executable.

NSudo: run processes as System or TrustedInstaller on Windows nsudo.png

The interface is straightforward: it displays a menu to select the desired user that you want to run the file with. Available are Current User, Current Process, System, and TrustedInstaller. You may check the "Enable all Privileges" box as well.

All that is left at this point is to use the browse button to select a file that you want to execute using the selected user, and select Run to do so. You could select cmd.exe to run the Command Prompt as System or TrustedInstaller; this gives you more options and more control over the system, e.g. to disable Services or manipulate the Registry.

The command line version offers more options than the graphical user interface. Use nsudo -? to display available parameters. Here are the extra options that the graphical user interface does not support:

• drop the right of the current process.
    • create a process with specified Integrity Level options (system, high, medium, low)
    • create a process with specified process priority options (idle, below normal, normal, above normal, high, real time)
    • create a process with specified window mode options (show, hide, maximize, minimize)
    • set the current directory for the process.
    • wait.
    Closing Words

NSudo is a powerful program for advanced Windows users who want more control over the system, for example to modify protected system features.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post NSudo: run processes as System or TrustedInstaller on Windows appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 27, 2020

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 27, 2020
  3. System Configuration Settings Wont Do Anything

Thanks for the feedback, Richard. Since you're still getting the same error although the Windows Modules Installer is already started, then we suggest enabling the
    TrustedInstaller and see if the System File Checker tool will run properly. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt window, type in the command below and hit Enter.
    net start trustedinstaller

3. Once the service is started, run the System File Checker again.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 27, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. NSudo: run processes as System or TrustedInstaller on Windows - Similar Threads - NSudo run processes

2. question and getting Pop Up Nsudo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    question and getting Pop Up Nsudo: Hi, I have problem with my PC.I getting Pop Up from Nsudo with notice: failed to create a processIs this virus or something?if virus, its safe to delete the file?...
  3. Windows 10 system process runs hard drive at 80% on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system process runs hard drive at 80% on idle: So I have just recently installed a full clean version of windows on my computer with apps and programs from very trusted places with no background apps running at all and yet when i leave my system to idle my hard drive starts running at 80-100% until i do something and then...
  4. Login as TrustedInstaller / System from GUI

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login as TrustedInstaller / System from GUI: HI, Yes, I know this is a bad Idea. Don't yell at me. ; I just want to try it in a Virtual Machine. So, now, can you login with Trusted Installer / System permissions from the GUI? I am able to do this from CMD, which is cool, but I would like to do things you don't...
  5. Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trustedinstaller: I have a problem ,I changed the owner of the entire drive and subfolders from Trustedinstaller to my account. I canceled the change of owner action, but I think many files are assigned to the wrong owner. at first I had typical problems but after typing a few commands (SFC...
  6. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  7. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  8. trustedinstaller virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trustedinstaller virus?: I've seen on different websites that this isn't a virus and on other websites that it is. Is it possible that the 2 on the left is a virus and the one on the right the real one? The ones on the left have permission for everythingSYSTEM and Admin The one on the right...
  9. NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system

in Windows 10 Customization
    NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system: is "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" the same thing as "NT Authority\system"? can you log into "NT Athority\system"? i understand that "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" is not a user, i under stand that "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" is just trustedinstaller.exe with a temporary...
  10. TrustedInstaller and System File Checker won't start; DISM.exe won't run restorehealth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TrustedInstaller and System File Checker won't start; DISM.exe won't run restorehealth: [ATTACH] Everytime my PC boots without using the Fast Startup (e.g. after restarting, a power outage, or shift + shut down), it shows a Please Wait screen that would last for around five to ten minutes. Upon finally logging in and making it to the Desktop, a notification...