Windows 10: NT Authority will not give me access !!!!

Discus and support NT Authority will not give me access !!!! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I could use some real help here. I have a Dell Inspiron 5775 running Windows 10 Home 1909 up to date, in the past I could go into performance... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DB777, Jan 18, 2020.

1. DB777 Win User

NT Authority will not give me access !!!!

Hello,
    I could use some real help here. I have a Dell Inspiron 5775 running Windows 10 Home 1909 up to date, in the past I could go into performance monitor as admin and I could add New Data Sets for GPU and CPU. Now when I tried to add these parameters I keep getting the NT Authority window popping up asking for user name or password and its telling me "Invalid User Name or Password". I have tried all my email & computer passwords to no avail. I have never had this issue before so I am bewildered on what to do.... Is there some value in Local Group Policy Editor I can modify to shut this nuisance down?? I thought about Security Policy but I am not sure how to config. The best I can surmise is that one of the updates I had supplied this beauty for me as part of the package, Why who knows??? So to give a example I go to Performance Monitor & right click to"Run as Admin" then to Performance Monitor and then to User Define and add New Data Collector set. Then first window I add "total processors/core" 7 and then add "Threads" , change the sample interval to 60 seconds and then wrap it up but on the last window for saving theses figures NT Authority kicks down the door and holds me hostage until I can figure this out (more like not me) So if any one could please help me out that would be totally awesome. I thank you in advanced for your time, effort, skill set and knowledge. I tried Dell but the extended warranty I bought doesn't cover software issues.

:)

DB777, Jan 18, 2020
  2. DB777 Win User

NT Authority will not give me access !!!! [​IMG]

Hi Denis,
    Okay I have attached a screen shot of the NT Authority.
    My box shows Performance Monitor at the top.
    Enter User name for the data set. The window has NT AUTHORITY, if you drop it down then it will have both of my email addresses.
    Password....
    then Ok or Cancel.

On the Properties Window of the Data Collector set
    General Directory Security Stop Condition Task
    Description
    Keywords
    Run as: NT AUTHORITY [change]
    OK Cancel Apply

When I log on as Admin I do so thru the Windows Admin Tools
    scroll down to Performance Monitor and then right click and then select Run as Admin.
    I do not go thru the Command Prompt.

This is the first time I have seen this window, never before has it done this, hence my aggravation with the situation
    Thanks

It really annoys me when these things happen, I like getting the most from the system since its available

DB777, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User

When you get this admin prompt when using other applications does it work properly or is it always broken? I only ask because you seem to focus so much on your specific application.

Are you logged in to a Standard user account or an Admin user account?
    Is this user account one that you created rather than a system-created user account that you have enabled?

What does the admin challenge dialog look like - 1, 2 or 3?

1 CredentialUI [Std account]

2 ConsentUI [Admin account]

3 ConsentUI - Yes greyed out [Admin account]

Denis

4. Goatberg Win User

NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users added to Users group upon every restart

I have a Windows 10 computer that I would only like certain users on a domain to be able to login to. Lets say limit access to only those users in the group named football.

I have added the football group to the Windows users group. The computer is on a domain and I noticed the following two groups both of which I removed from the Windows users group.

• NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
    • NT AUTHORITY\Interactive
    I have tested that NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users is allowing users outside of the football group to login to the computer and this is not wanted.

If I remove both of these groups from the Windows users group then they will reappear upon every restart of the computer. This did not have with Windows 7. This seems to be a security problem???

Goatberg, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. NT Authority will not give me access !!!! - Similar Threads - Authority access

2. Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues: I am unable to access the internet anywhere other than my own home. I have also noticed that my laptop does not recognise that my local security authority protection is on. A permanent message ‘This change requires you to redstart your device’ shows despite my restarting the...
  3. Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues: I am unable to access the internet anywhere other than my own home. I have also noticed that my laptop does not recognise that my local security authority protection is on. A permanent message ‘This change requires you to redstart your device’ shows despite my restarting the...
  4. Error when Applying the Users Authority that, DRV access Deny ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when Applying the Users Authority that, DRV access Deny ?: Error when Applying the Users Authority that, DRV access Deny ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-applying-the-users-authority-that-drv/5f6a1a54-4299-49dd-b21c-7f31fddcd847
  5. Access Denied You are not authorized to access this page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied You are not authorized to access this page.: Access Denied You are not authorized to access this page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-you-are-not-authorized-to-access/f8c8084d-6bd4-435d-9e9f-81f6c5a13754
  6. windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority: After upgrade to windows 10 version 2004 does not allow me to access the pc from my network but used to though PC shows on the network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-network-access-authority/d76b3fb9-e595-400c-b68e-6a85b4a2d705
  7. NT Authority will not give me access !!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    NT Authority will not give me access !!!!: Hello, I could use some real help here. I have a Dell Inspiron 5775 running Windows 10 Home 1909 up to date, in the past I could go into performance monitor as admin and I could add New Data Sets for GPU and CPU. Now when I tried to add these parameters I keep getting the NT...
  8. I cannot run the administrator account or access any app need administrator authority !!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot run the administrator account or access any app need administrator authority !!: hi I tried to enable administrator account in my windows 10 but it cannot, I also tried from all these Via Command From Admin Tools From Registry from Group Policy all not.. must have access to administrator .. when I try to enable administrator also same proplem...
  9. How can I tell if someone who is not authorized is remotely accessing my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I tell if someone who is not authorized is remotely accessing my computer?: How can I tell if someone is remotely accessing my computer, and if so how can I block them and anyone else that is not authorized. What settings are necessary to prevent this from happening at all?...
  10. How to set Win10 to permit that authorized USB storage can be accessed but limit others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to set Win10 to permit that authorized USB storage can be accessed but limit others.: We want to control some USB storage can be accessed, and other can not be accessed. Win10 can provide this function without third part software? Thanks...