Windows 10: NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log

Discus and support NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting the following error events when I boot my PC. I'm using a Windows 10.0.10586, it was a fresh install on a new SSD on a Factory built PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PerfectBlue, Jul 25, 2016.

1. NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log

I'm getting the following error events when I boot my PC.

I'm using a Windows 10.0.10586, it was a fresh install on a new SSD on a Factory built PC that originally had Windows 7 on it. The fresh install is about 5 months old.

and

Any ideas?

I've tweaked some of the logging on request of other people on this forum due to another issue that I'm having and may simply have set something incorrectly. As these messages only started appearing recently.

:)

PerfectBlue, Jul 25, 2016
  2. Dan_367 Win User

What causes computer to shut down and restart?

I looked in Events log as suggested just now. Scrolled them all at the bottom of the viewer and there were no red errors.

At the top of that particular box of things there was listed 1 critical error. I clicked the + to see and it said :kernal power system.

Dan_367, Jul 25, 2016
  3. PeterH67 Win User
    Issues after an upgrade to Windows 10.

Just some additional information.

The error information from the event viewer is:

Source: Kernal-Power

Event Id: 41

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

The explanation attached to the event is the the Kernal lost power and their may have been an interruption to the power supply. To the best of my knowledge their was no external interruption as all other systems are unaffected.

PeterH67, Jul 25, 2016
  4. glnz Win User

NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log

I continue to get error messages like this on my Win 7 Pro 64-bit. Any ideas?

5. I posted the exact same error on multiple forums, and spent about 6 months trying to fix it.

In the end the problem was that one of my RAM sticks was faulty.

Absolutely NONE of the software diagnostics packages that I ran found the fault, not a single one of them. They all said that my RAM was perfectly good. It was only when I finally gave in and replaced both sticks that I found the error was indeed a problems with my RAM.

My advice to you is that you should take all of your RAM out, and then put a single stick back. If the problem happens again, swap the stick for another stick, and keep going until you've tried every single stick.

My problem only happened when I had both sticks of RAM in the machine. On their own either stick was perfect, together they caused this error. Which made it even harder to find that the cause of the problem was RAM.

I spent ages thinking that it was driver related or memory management related, but it was the hardware in the end.

PerfectBlue, Mar 27, 2017
  6. glnz Win User
    Perfect - thanks, but that really is amazing!! RAM ??

Tell me, do you still have a folder and file like your
    "C:\ProgramData\Intel\SUR\WILLAMETTE\IntelData\temp\2016_07_17__16_24_06_boot.etl" ?

Following an Intel thread about this Kernel issue, before posting here yesterday, I uninstalled my Intel Driver Update Utility and manually deleted the "SUR" folder, but the "SUR" folder recreated itself on the next boot, with only the sub-folder QUEENCREEK, not WILLAMETTE, but then continuing down to that one boot.etl file.

Your RAM solution is unexpected, and I don't understand how it helps. Did you replace your sticks?

7. I still have the folder, but it hasn't been changed or updated for a long time.

My problem got worse and I started getting a BSOD on clean boot (Always clean, never dirty) with the name MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, or IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, and a couple of others.

In then end I got fed up and replaced both of my RAM sticks. This solved the problem.

If you have two RAM sticks and you remove one and the problems goes away, then it's likely the same problem that I had. If the problem remains then you probably have a different problem and I don't have a solution for that.

8. NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log

9. glnz Win User
    Perfect -- Do you see in your services.msc anything running that relates to this Intel Energy Saver Service?
    It might appear in your services list as ESRV_SVC_QUEENCREEK [or in your case WILLAMETTE]
    Thanks, and thanks also for the other topic.

glnz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log

1. NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log - Similar Threads - Kernal Logger errors

2. Event logger Retention

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event logger Retention: hello everyone, i am tasked to change the event logger retention period to 12 months. can you please guide me in the correct way to get this done? thank you in advance....
  3. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035: After a fresh Windows installation. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/session-nt-kernel-logger-failed-to-start-with-the/6aabb1c3-b5e7-4ae4-886c-accd2a175e52
  4. Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap Event log: Kernal Power Error 41 Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap Event log: Kernal Power Error 41 Blue Screen of Death: I've been having constant crashes and BSODs since upgrading to Win 11. Before it was once every few days but now it's happening multiple times in a single day. I've troubleshooted in numerous different ways remove USB peripherals, memory diagnostic, disk scans, reseating...
  5. Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap Event log: Kernal Power Error 41 Blue Screen of Death

Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap Event log: Kernal Power Error 41 Blue Screen of Death: I've been having constant crashes and BSODs since upgrading to Win 11. Before it was once every few days but now it's happening multiple times in a single day. I've troubleshooted in numerous different ways remove USB peripherals, memory diagnostic, disk scans, reseating...
  6. Kernal-Power Event 41 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernal-Power Event 41 error: Hello, I have been experiencing a BSOD problem and need some help. I have changed out my power supply and my ram and the issue has not been resolved. Usually my Pc black screens and doesn't give any Bug check Parameters, but with some troubleshooting, I have been getting blue...
  7. Kernal-Power Event 41 error

Kernal-Power Event 41 error: Hello, I have been experiencing a BSOD problem and need some help. I have changed out my power supply and my ram and the issue has not been resolved. Usually my Pc black screens and doesn't give any Bug check Parameters, but with some troubleshooting, I have been getting blue...
  8. Kernal-Power Event 41 error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Hardware Error, Live Kernal Event

Hardware Error, Live Kernal Event: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffffa78b09a65460 Parameter 2: fffff8028378372c Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19041 Service Pack:...
  10. gpuview log file shows the following error: Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags....

gpuview log file shows the following error: Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags....: Whenever I try to run the log.cmd file as the documentation suggest, I open it with a bat file with cmd /k C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Windows Kits\10"\"Windows Performance Toolkit"\gpuview\log.cmd but it display the following error "Xperf -on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Session NT Kernel Logger stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 IntelData boot.etl