Windows 10: NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message

Discus and support NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, Am having trouble changing ownership of my windowsapps folder back to TrustedInstaller instead of what I thought was my administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pinkraven22, Oct 9, 2019.

1. NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message

Hi there,

Am having trouble changing ownership of my windowsapps folder back to TrustedInstaller instead of what I thought was my administrator account.

Have tried NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller as you can see in the pics but keep receiving an error message.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message dbae22bf-128e-4746-b001-1636523eb097?upload=true.png NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message a2699344-5e60-4409-9686-a699d691fa81?upload=true.png NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message 347ed33c-fa7e-44bb-aba8-b9472cc80e3d?upload=true.png

:)

pinkraven22, Oct 9, 2019

2. NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller is missing

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Kindly follow these steps to make TrustedInstaller the owner of Windows Apps again

Right mouse button click on the file and choose Properties.

Click Security tab.

Click Advanced button.

Click Owner tab.

Click Edit button.

Click Other User or Group and type in NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller.

Press Ok on all dialogs until all property dialogs are closed.

Refer here:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/irenak/2007/01...

To restore the original TrustedInstaller built-in user account as the rightful owner of the file on Windows 10:

Open File Explorer.

Browse to the system file you previously changed ownership.

Right-click the file, and select Properties.

Click on the Security tab.

Click the Advanced button.

On the "Advanced Security Settings" page, click the Change link on Owner.

and

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-restore-trus...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 9, 2019
  3. ThEditor Win User
    NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller is missing

TrustedInstaller is missing when i try to give TrustedInstaller back the ownership of WindowsApps Folder in program files.

What I did:

1. I gave myself the ownership of WindowsApps folder in program files through its advanced security settings.

2. Then after I had done what I wanted to do (copy a folder of an application) I tried giving TrustedInstaller back its ownership.3

3. But windows said "An object with the following name cannot be found "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller". Check the selected object types and locations for accuracy and ensure that you have typed the object's name correctly, or remove this object from the
    selection.

4. So what I did is I removed TrustedInstaller from the permissions entries group and it removed it but a new Principal appeared namely - S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204.f

5. I tried doing step 2 again but it still didn't work.

6. In the end, I tried to look if I had unknowningly removed TrustedInstaller. For this, I went over to System32 and
    viewed it's advanced security settings. TrustedInstaller was the Owner.

My Question :

Why is windows saying it is TrustedInstaller is missing when System32 has the owner TrustedInstaller?

How do I make TrustedInstaller the owner of WindowsApps again?

My Windows :

Windows 10 (Creator Update)

ThEditor, Oct 9, 2019
  4. NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message

NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller is missing

Try granting ownership to

NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller

(without the surrounding double quotes)

Frederik Long, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message

1. NT SERVICE/TrustedInstaller - Can't change owner/Error message - Similar Threads - SERVICE TrustedInstaller Can't

2. NT service\SQLTELMETRY provided for NT service\SQLTELMETRY$XCLERAINST is either not a valid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NT service\SQLTELMETRY provided for NT service\SQLTELMETRY$XCLERAINST is either not a valid...: While I was trying to install the 2019 MS SQL via PowerShell. I am getting the below error message.The following error occured: NT service\SQLTELMETRY provided for NT service\SQLTELMETRY$XCLERAINST is either not a valid account or cannot be used for this serviceI have pasted...
  3. NT service\SQLTELMETRY provided for NT service\SQLTELMETRY$XCLERAINST is either not a valid...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NT service\SQLTELMETRY provided for NT service\SQLTELMETRY$XCLERAINST is either not a valid...: While I was trying to install the 2019 MS SQL via PowerShell. I am getting the below error message.The following error occured: NT service\SQLTELMETRY provided for NT service\SQLTELMETRY$XCLERAINST is either not a valid account or cannot be used for this serviceI have pasted...
  4. Changing the owner of C drive from administrator to TrustedInstaller

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the owner of C drive from administrator to TrustedInstaller: Earlier I have changed the owner to trusted installer but now whenever i install any software every time while opening it ask for administrator password and has a UAC shield. After the name of the owner also of C drive there is a UAC shield .When I am changing the owner to...
  5. Changing the Owner of Windows PowerShell folder from TrustedInstaller

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the Owner of Windows PowerShell folder from TrustedInstaller: I recently purchased a Dell XPS 8940 desktop and installed Windows version 20H2 on it. After copying the "Windows PowerShell" folder---because Windows wouldn't let me move the original---so that I could move the copy to a new user folder of my choice, I have the original...
  6. Changing the Owner of Windows PowerShell folder from TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the Owner of Windows PowerShell folder from TrustedInstaller: I recently purchased a Dell XPS 8940 desktop and installed Windows version 20H2 on it. After copying the "Windows PowerShell" folder---because Windows wouldn't let me move the original---so that I could move the copy to a new user folder of my choice, I have the original...
  7. NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system

in Windows 10 Customization
    NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system: is "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" the same thing as "NT Authority\system"? can you log into "NT Athority\system"? i understand that "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" is not a user, i under stand that "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" is just trustedinstaller.exe with a temporary...
  8. NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller is missing: TrustedInstaller is missing when i try to give TrustedInstaller back the ownership of WindowsApps Folder in program files. What I did: 1. I gave myself the ownership of WindowsApps folder in program files through its advanced security settings. 2. Then after I had done...
  9. Change of owner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change of owner: I have obtained a second-hand PC that runs windows 10. This has the original owner set-up as admin and a second person as 'user account' how do I delete these two accounts and install myself as 'admin' ( I will be the sole user) without altering other programs and settings?...
  10. change owners

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change owners: how do i change administrators and make this HP laptop running windows 10 that was givin to me mine ? my account etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners/21f8316d-80f4-482d-a744-709c18837e35"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I changed the ownership of a folder by mistake and now I cant change it back. How do I make trustedinstaller the owner again?