Windows 10: NTBackup stopped working on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support NTBackup stopped working on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been running the ntBackup utility on a Windows 10 Pro box daily for over a year. Yesterday I checked on the status of my backups and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrewS4, Jan 20, 2020.

1. DrewS4 Win User

NTBackup stopped working on Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

I have been running the ntBackup utility on a Windows 10 Pro box daily for over a year. Yesterday I checked on the status of my backups and found the folder with the backup utility C:\Program Files x86\Windows NT\NTBackup had disappeared. I restored the folder but now I receive an Entry Point Not Found error saying "The procedure entry point SetCatalogState could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files x86\Windows NT\NTBackup\ntbackup.exe"

Coincidentally or maybe not the backup logs indicate the backups stopped working on the same day Dec 8, 2019 as the following three MS updates were installed:

- Security Update for Adobe Flash Player

- Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1909 via Enablement Package KB17245

- Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB524569

Before I backout the updates to check if they caused ntbackup to stop working, I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has this problems or knows how to fix it.

Thanks,

Drew

:)

DrewS4, Jan 20, 2020

2. Stop auto update in windows 10 pro

hello sir

Please sand a step list of how to stop auto update in my window 10 pro

my windows full details is;

Edition : windows 10 pro

version: 1703

os Build : 15063.674

LovelykHUSHi, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. NTBackup stopped working on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - NTBackup stopped working

2. My windows 11 pro stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 pro stopped working: my windows 11 pro just deactivated for some reason, and windows 11 was prebuilt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-pro-stopped-working/be376ae8-2a4e-42a1-98c5-dc994a473a74
  3. My windows 11 pro stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 pro stopped working: my windows 11 pro just deactivated for some reason, and windows 11 was prebuilt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-pro-stopped-working/be376ae8-2a4e-42a1-98c5-dc994a473a74
  4. Premiere Pro crashing or stops working on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Premiere Pro crashing or stops working on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Adobe Premiere Pro is the market-leading software in the world of video editing. It has been ruling the market for ages and will continue to do that. However, the app certainly has some issues. According to a lot of users, Premiere Pro stops working or starts...
  5. camera stop working in surface pro 6 Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera stop working in surface pro 6 Windows 10 pro: When trying to use the camera app or skype or zoom apps the message "camera not found" appears. In the camera app the error code is "0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" In the Properties window of the Device Manager the status is "This device can not be started. Code 10...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Stopped Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Stopped Responding: Hi, I turn my old PC into NAS, with help from Plex Media Server. I installed Windows 10 Pro about two months ago and didn't have any problem, until about a week ago when the PC seems inaccessible from my network and doesn't display anything when I plugged an HDMI cable into...
  7. windows 10 pro stop code

windows 10 pro stop code: Hello, I have an HP Probook 455 G5 Windows 10 pro version 1903 Pretty much since I purchased this computer, I have had stop code issues. It is to the point where I am on google looking at how to fix stop codes and the computer crashes again. I don't even have time to...
  8. Pinch zoom stopped working on update of windows 10 pro

Pinch zoom stopped working on update of windows 10 pro: Pinch zoom was working on windows 10 pro 1809 version. Upgraded to 1903, the pinch zoom stopped working. Upgraded to 1909 and then to 2004 and still no pinch zoom. No pinch zoom to enable in mouse feature setting. No synaptics to play with on this tablet....
  9. Problems with NTBackup on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with NTBackup on Windows 10 Pro: I've had various problems with the hitherto reliable NT Backup utility under Windows 10 Pro. Problem 1 SOLVED: ============= Some months back it failed to start, complaining with the error message: "The procedure entry point SetCatalogState could not be located in the...
  10. Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working: System Sounds are not playing. I couldn't find any category that covers this or a "misc" category, if this is in the wrong place, please move it. Also if it has been covered before, please point me there, I could not figure out how to search for it without getting tons of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setcatalogstate dynamic link library