Windows 10: Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash

Discus and support Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Event viewer shows the following for one game for example. Have tried repairing, resetting, restarting and reinstalling the various Windows Store and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by apb992, May 17, 2020.

1. apb992 Win User

Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash

Event viewer shows the following for one game for example. Have tried repairing, resetting, restarting and reinstalling the various Windows Store and Gaming services to no avail. SFC and DISM checks also show no problems.
    Specs are Windows 10 Pro 2004, i7 6700k @ 4.5ghz, Maximus VII, 32GB RAM, GTX 2080Ti
    I am at a loss. Just want to relieve some stress and play a few games before my upcoming exams

Faulting application name: CrashReportClient.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d77e17b
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.207, time stamp: 0xcad89ab4
    Exception code: 0xc0000006
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000221d4
    Faulting process ID: 0x5f9c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d62ab6e38ea89a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\NordicGames.DarksidersIII_1.0.12.0_x64__46xc33nm0q0f8\Engine\Binaries\Win64\CrashReportClient.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: caa8eb67-b643-4df9-9a88-54938ee5a14c
    Faulting package full name: NordicGames.DarksidersIII_1.0.12.0_x64__46xc33nm0q0f8
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I looked at some advice to register the dll file again but it shows this

https://i.imgur.com/OimADoL.png

:)

apb992, May 17, 2020

2. Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

• I am unable to launch game bar on my PC (appears to open but closes instantly) - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I am unable to launch microsoft store on my PC (appears to open but closes instantly) - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I cannot open xbox console companion on windows (appears to open but closes instantly)
    • Many gamepass games won't launch, some say im not logged in (but i obviously am logged into my gamepass account)

I have tried a number of solutions I found on the internet from simple reinstall to running various command prompt and powershell commands, I have ensured I have folder and file permissions for the microsoft apps folder on this account.

Because I cannot launch the microsoft store I can't attempt to reinstall some items.

teardropphoenix, May 17, 2020
  3. Gamepass games on PC not working

I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens.
    When I try to launch the games through the start menu, it just directs me to the Windows Store to download the Xbox App, which shows that I've already downloaded it. Games I have previously downloaded from before the Xbox App came out, such as Forza Horizon
    4, seem to work ok. What can I do to get the newer games working?

Darth Navster, May 17, 2020
  4. ParkT Win User

Xbox gamepass game cause windows store window to pop up with Gaming Service 'purchase' screen

None of my Xbox gamepass games will run on my system after the latest windows security upgrade from Microsoft.

When I try to run a game, instead I get the Windows store page for Gaming Services (which shows as being installed).

Ive tried re-installing the the Gaming Services but I still cannot get the gamepass-based game to run.

ParkT, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash - Similar Threads - Ntdll dll causing

2. Cant launch xbox gamepass games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant launch xbox gamepass games: Specifically flight simulator get this error right after its installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-xbox-gamepass-games/fb0673d9-b045-4d1b-9668-77698a4a5f68
  3. Cant launch xbox gamepass games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant launch xbox gamepass games: Specifically flight simulator get this error right after its installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-xbox-gamepass-games/fb0673d9-b045-4d1b-9668-77698a4a5f68
  4. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  5. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  6. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  7. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  8. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors: Hey, It has been a while I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported. I am running on a laptop acer aspire with windows 10 x64, intel core i7, 8Go SSD DDR4, nvidia GTX 1060M, 1...
  10. Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash: Event viewer shows the following for one game for example. Have tried repairing, resetting, restarting and reinstalling the various Windows Store and Gaming services to no avail. SFC and DISM checks also show no problems. Specs are Windows 10 Pro 2004, i7 6700k @ 4.5ghz,...