Windows 10: NTFS Disk Problems

Discus and support NTFS Disk Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 on my computer that has multiple disks. I defragmented my disks and got a response that states that " Dirty disk, run CHKDSK" on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Siisi, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Siisi Win User

NTFS Disk Problems

I run Windows 10 on my computer that has multiple disks. I defragmented my disks and got a response that states that " Dirty disk, run CHKDSK" on this NTFS disk designated K.

I ran CHKHDSK K: /f,/r,/x,/b on this disk and obtained after deleting corrupt attribute records anf fixing incorrect information in file records segments the following under Stage 1:

81 file records processed and 0 bad file records processed.

Under Stage 2 which was examining file linkages the following response was obtained:

" 3 reparse records processed. An unspecified error occurred (696e647863686b2e 70a)

I later opened the K NTFS file K and scanned to repair it but Windows could not repair it.

In addition whenever I boot my computer I get the following Logo: " To skip disk checking, press any key within 4 seconds". If I do not press any key within that time, Disk K will be checked and when completed, the computer goes to sleep.

Can somebody help me correct this soonest?

:)

Siisi, Jun 15, 2019

2. what is this problem?

Event viewer will list it yes. Random guess: NTFS problem, could be hardware (disk, network) related.

DanTheBanjoman, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Barb Bowman, Jun 15, 2019
  4. vladmire Win User

NTFS Disk Problems

Windows Disk FAT32 or NTFS

no, only ntfs.

ntfs utilizes disk space and improve its performance.

vladmire, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

NTFS Disk Problems

1. NTFS Disk Problems - Similar Threads - NTFS Disk Problems

2. NTFS disk compression, bizarre behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    NTFS disk compression, bizarre behavior: Hello. I am a newbie here (Windows 10 Build 18363). Thanks for having me. I used to repair software and hardware issues in a Windows environment, so I am tech savvy. I have several disks, including two SSDs. Recently, I noticed my primary SSD was filling up. Every day....
  3. NTFS Permissions Problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NTFS Permissions Problems: Good Evening tenforum, I have a very bad problem with a (or better two) windows installation(s) and it's NTFS permissions.. First I am gonna provide you with all the info and problems I face: The story: My dad's pc was very slow on windows 7 on an HDD and so I thought I'd...
  4. NTFS Access Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS Access Problems: Good Evening Microsoft Community, I have a very bad problem with a or better two windows installations and it's NTFS permissions.. First I am gonna provide you with all the info and problems I face: The story: My dad's pc was very slow on windows 7 on an HDD and so I...
  5. Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk

Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk: I was creating an USB Bootable Memory Stick an accidently overwrote an External 1TB NTFS Hard Disk, what is the best way to try and recover the Data on it. The Disk now shows as a 16gbyte do I have to format it as 1TB and then try to recover the data?...
  6. NTFS

NTFS: I made a mistake with my SD card and now my files are stucked in the NTFS sector, they're not accessible, is there anyway you can help me, the data is very important to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ntfs/0ce6bec2-d761-4467-8e32-72e5aaea2fa8
  7. NTFS vs NTFS 3.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NTFS vs NTFS 3.1: Out of curiosity only: what is the difference between just 'NTFS' and 'NTFS 3.1' Maybe there is none, I don't know. A system tool reports a drive with NTFS and another drive with NTFS 3.1 BTW - Windows Diskmgmt show NTFS only All drives are working fine. thanks. 135003
  8. NTFS vs NTFS 3.1

in Windows 10 Support
    NTFS vs NTFS 3.1: Out of curiosity only: what is the difference between just 'NTFS' and 'NTFS 3.1' Maybe there is none, I don't know. A system tool reports a drive with NTFS and another drive with NTFS 3.1 BTW - Windows Diskmgmt show NTFS only All drives are working fine. thanks. 135003
  9. Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible: I have ntfs usb flashdisk fresly formated and when i try to acess it say K:\ is not accessible access denied I have admin account and permissions for full control and still doesn't let me it, what the heck ? 132208
  10. Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS: I've got an external hard disk which I was using to back up two computers. The last time I used it it was recognised properly as containing an NTFS volume by both computers (both running Windows 10). However this time it is no longer recognised properly by either of the two...