Windows 10: NTFS file system changed to RAW

Discus and support NTFS file system changed to RAW in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I encountered a power loss during a Microsoft update and now one of my external drives is showing "RAW" instead of "NTFS". I tried to execute the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TerryPercival, Aug 8, 2021.

1. NTFS file system changed to RAW

I encountered a power loss during a Microsoft update and now one of my external drives is showing "RAW" instead of "NTFS". I tried to execute the command: "convert K: /fs:NTFS" but it tells me "Drive K: is already NTFS.". Are there multiple places where the file system type exists? Is there Windows software or 3rd party software that will allow me to fix this?

:)

TerryPercival, Aug 8, 2021
  2. tf2029 Win User

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs

I have an external USB drive which has changed to a RAW drive from an NTFS drive, so Windows cannot access the drive. I have tried suggestions made on the Community website, so far non have worked, due to the fact I thing that the suggestions made are not
    up to date as far as Windows 10 is concerned.

My Windows 10 is up to date, (October 2018).

Could yo please suggests something that works for the current version of Windows 10?

michaelbickley, Aug 8, 2021
  4. NTFS file system changed to RAW

Read RAW file system *WITHOUT* formatting or converting to NTFS

I have a partition of my primary HDD, and it uses the RAW file system. I would like to be able to read and write files on it from my windows OS. Formatting it or changing the file system is not an option, as Chrome OS is set up to dual boot and that is the
    partition that it uses, and changing it to NTFS may ruin the installation of Chrome OS (I used
    CloudReady for the Chrome OS dual boot). Is there some sort of program or something that I can install to access the partition?

I'm looking for something that can give me access directly from file explorer preferably, sort of like Ext2 File System Driver for Windows (ext2fsd)

AbrahamMurciano, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

NTFS file system changed to RAW

1. NTFS file system changed to RAW - Similar Threads - NTFS file system

2. Raw to Ntfs doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw to Ntfs doesnt work: Yesterday morning my ssd turned to raw. I don't know why and tried every fix i found in internet. Nothing fixed the issue. These are the some errors i get:chkdsk:The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Depo. Fixing critical master file table MFT files with MFT...
  3. Raw to Ntfs doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raw to Ntfs doesnt work: Yesterday morning my ssd turned to raw. I don't know why and tried every fix i found in internet. Nothing fixed the issue. These are the some errors i get:chkdsk:The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Depo. Fixing critical master file table MFT files with MFT...
  4. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM: Hey, I'm facing an error while starting my PC, ill explain in details. My Bluetooth driver wasn't working so i turned off and on my pc for a few times and after that, I'm facing blue screen everytime i try to turn on my PC, it turns on, window logo for a few seconds then blue...
  5. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM: Hey, I'm facing an error while starting my PC, ill explain in details. My Bluetooth driver wasn't working so i turned off and on my pc for a few times and after that, I'm facing blue screen everytime i try to turn on my PC, it turns on, window logo for a few seconds then blue...
  6. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. NTFS File System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTFS File System: I had a virtual machine running on a customer's computer, and I needed to reinstall it. I removed the drive from the computer so I could copy a new VHD from my laptop to the drive. IIt kept telling me that the recycle bin on the drive was corrupt and would not let me copy...
  8. Hard drive changes from ntfs to raw during format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive changes from ntfs to raw during format: I have a 1 TB hard drive. It is in ntfs format. If I do a quick format the drive stays as NTFS. If I turn off the quick format, the drive changes to RAW and the format fails. Should I only do the quick format or is their someting wrong with the drive? 182775
  9. raw and ntfs partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw and ntfs partition: Had a disk partition that turned raw. Already read all the posts on converting raw partitions to ntfs partitions without formatting disk.Convert d: /fs:ntfs doesn't work returning message "d: is already ntfs". If I open disk management the partition d: is marked as raw, btw....
  10. Convert RAW Filesystem into NTFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert RAW Filesystem into NTFS: So this is an interesting story. I have an USB-Stick with 64gb space on it. I so far only used it for readyboost because i didnt really find an other use for it. But today, i wanted to set up an virtual machine and needed the usb-stick. I realized i had an windows backup on...