Windows 10: NTFS FORMAT

Discus and support NTFS FORMAT in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I have two san disk usb sticks.One is extreme x64 3.0 purchase year 2009 and ultra de luxe 256 GB2020.For my ultra the default format was exfat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vasilisnikolo, Apr 19, 2022.

1. NTFS FORMAT

Hello.I have two san disk usb sticks.One is extreme x64 3.0 purchase year 2009 and ultra de luxe 256 GB2020.For my ultra the default format was exfat but i changed it to NTFS.For older model i don't remember if i change it but is also in NTFS nowsan disk told me that the original format is exFAT for usb sticks >64 GB.My issue is that when format th extreme x64 via windows appears as the only option NTFS and not exfat.For ultra de luxe appears both of them.San disk can't help me and suggest me t

:)

vasilisnikolo, Apr 19, 2022
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 19, 2022
  3. commonone Win User
    Can't format USB 32GB drive in NTFS format

Having read several threads of how to Format a USB drive into NTFS format.

I have 32GB stick and tried several methods to do this without success.

Tried

• changing the properties of the 'policy' of the drive in device manager
    • changing to 'default allocation unit size' in formatting
    • changing from 'quick format'
    • running as Admin with CMD Prompt and with ('drive letter': /fs:ntfs) this says cannot format a raw drive ??
    Yet no problems in formatting as Fat32.

Any other tips

commonone, Apr 19, 2022
  4. NTFS FORMAT

Mirrored Drive gone from NTFS to RAW format

Hi Elias,

You may still give that a try. However, we can't guarantee that performing the suggested troubleshooting steps will resolve the RAW format issue.

In case the suggested troubleshooting steps doesn't make any difference, we suggest visiting our

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge on such issues.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

NTFS FORMAT

1. NTFS FORMAT - Similar Threads - NTFS FORMAT

2. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  3. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  4. External NTFS formatted drive shows as unallocated space in Win11 but works fine in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External NTFS formatted drive shows as unallocated space in Win11 but works fine in Win10: Drive shows in computer management as unallocated and obviously gets no drive letter. Tested on 2 Win11 laptops. Tested on 4 Win 10 machines and filesystem is fine, drive mounts and functions as expected....
  5. External NTFS formatted drive shows as unallocated space in Win11 but works fine in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External NTFS formatted drive shows as unallocated space in Win11 but works fine in Win10: Drive shows in computer management as unallocated and obviously gets no drive letter. Tested on 2 Win11 laptops. Tested on 4 Win 10 machines and filesystem is fine, drive mounts and functions as expected....
  6. External NTFS formatted drive shows as unallocated space in Win11 but works fine in Win10

7. External NTFS formatted drive shows as unallocated space in Win11 but works fine in Win10

8. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10: Windows Feature Updates have been failing to complete on my Dell Inspiron laptop for almost two years. I get notifications to update and restart every day and I want to solve this problem. I was told by Windows support that a clean install of Windows was required, using a USB...
  9. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10: Windows Feature Updates have been failing to complete on my Dell Inspiron laptop for almost two years. I get notifications to update and restart every day and I want to solve this problem. I was told by Windows support that a clean install of Windows was required, using a USB...
  10. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10