Windows 10: NTFS PopUp

Discus and support NTFS PopUp in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep getting a pop up on my iMac that say Update available for NTFS and when I click on the link it saysd you already have the latest version ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveJackson8, Mar 15, 2019.

1. NTFS PopUp

I keep getting a pop up on my iMac that say Update available for NTFS and when I click on the link it saysd you already have the latest version ??

:)

SteveJackson8, Mar 15, 2019

2. xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

NTFS PopUp

Smeed, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

NTFS PopUp

1. NTFS PopUp - Similar Threads - NTFS PopUp

2. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  3. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  4. How do I access a NTFS Mounted volume in Ubuntu/WSL ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access a NTFS Mounted volume in Ubuntu/WSL ?: I have a disk volume that is mounted as a folder in NTFS. It has no drive letter. Just a path C:\Users\me\folderXHow do I mount such a volume in WSL?I am able to munt external disks on WSL via wsl --mount \\**** --bare...
  5. How do I access a NTFS Mounted volume in Ubuntu/WSL ?

How do I access a NTFS Mounted volume in Ubuntu/WSL ?: I have a disk volume that is mounted as a folder in NTFS. It has no drive letter. Just a path C:\Users\me\folderXHow do I mount such a volume in WSL?I am able to munt external disks on WSL via wsl --mount \\**** --bare...
  6. Raw to Ntfs doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw to Ntfs doesnt work: Yesterday morning my ssd turned to raw. I don't know why and tried every fix i found in internet. Nothing fixed the issue. These are the some errors i get:chkdsk:The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Depo. Fixing critical master file table MFT files with MFT...
  7. Raw to Ntfs doesnt work

Raw to Ntfs doesnt work: Yesterday morning my ssd turned to raw. I don't know why and tried every fix i found in internet. Nothing fixed the issue. These are the some errors i get:chkdsk:The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Depo. Fixing critical master file table MFT files with MFT...
  8. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  9. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  10. unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen

unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen: About a month ago I've bought a brand new 2in1 with windows 11 pro 21h2 preinstalled. Today windows update prompt me to install v23h2 and I accepted. The installation frozen on restart at 73%. I shut it down and on restart it reversed the changes and booted again with v21h2....