Windows 10: NTFS PopUp

Discus and support NTFS PopUp in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep getting a pop up on my iMac that say Update available for NTFS and when I click on the link it saysd you already have the latest version ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveJackson8, Mar 15, 2019.

1. NTFS PopUp

I keep getting a pop up on my iMac that say Update available for NTFS and when I click on the link it saysd you already have the latest version ??

:)

SteveJackson8, Mar 15, 2019

2. xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

NTFS PopUp

Smeed, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

NTFS PopUp

1. NTFS PopUp - Similar Threads - NTFS PopUp

2. NTFS Disk Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS Disk Problems: I run Windows 10 on my computer that has multiple disks. I defragmented my disks and got a response that states that " Dirty disk, run CHKDSK" on this NTFS disk designated K. I ran CHKHDSK K: /f,/r,/x,/b on this disk and obtained after deleting corrupt attribute records anf...
  3. Macrium Reflect Free Advice please NTFS primary red

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free Advice please NTFS primary red: I use Macrium Reflect Free (now v 7.2.4228) to create an image of my Windows 10 Home (64 bit) PC on a 1TB external hard drive which has plenty of available space on it. Am rather concerned as have noticed that one of the entries for the PC hard drive is now showing as red, I...
  4. Windows NTFS file system Vs XFS (Linux) speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows NTFS file system Vs XFS (Linux) speed: Hi there Tested on identical hardware (Same machine in fact). booted up W10 20H2 (latest skip ahead) on to SSD Copy one 4 GB mkv file from SSD to SATA 4 TB HDD -- speed running at average 212.4 Mib/s Booted up on same computer Linux Centos 7.6 to same SSD after wiping...
  5. Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible: I have ntfs usb flashdisk fresly formated and when i try to acess it say K:\ is not accessible access denied I have admin account and permissions for full control and still doesn't let me it, what the heck ? 132208
  6. NTFS permissions

NTFS permissions: Windows 10, Windows 7 - probably all Window versions. I work in a highly regulated area and want to just save data to a Windows folder/directory that does not allow (for data integrity purposes) users to delete or modify data stored within the directory. Windows saving...
  7. BSOD, lost C drive, cannot reinstall Windows, missing NTFS file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD, lost C drive, cannot reinstall Windows, missing NTFS file?: Hi. I'm tearing my hair out with an 11 month old laptop. It rebooted and I got the BSOD. Subsequent reboots just went through to the set up screen, and then to the Troubleshooting options, none of which did anything to help. It was obvious it just couldn't find the C drive...
  8. How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting

How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting: Pretty self explanatory. I want to use my external HDD on more devices, like Macs, but I know OSX or Ubuntu Linux can't read or write to NTFS drives. I just want to know if it's possible to convert it from NTFS to exFAT without formatting the thing, and if it is I want to...
  9. NTFS File System Permissions

NTFS File System Permissions: Hello, I want to start by saying please answer my exact question... I've noticed in other questions on the forum that Microsoft Techs, try to avoid answering this and not really having anything useful to add to the specific question. So I'll state here that if you are not...
  10. Compatibility FAT32 to NTFS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility FAT32 to NTFS: Question is a flash drive formatted in FAT32 upward compatible to Windows 10 NTFS. If not what are the symptoms of incompatibility.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-fat32-to-ntfs/bbb8d2e0-5c09-4397-b909-ad8611da7ac0