Windows 10: Ntfs.sys corrupt cant mount

Discus and support Ntfs.sys corrupt cant mount in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made disk copies and switched two of my ssd and now i have ntfs errors on booth of them. I installed bitdefender on one of them and it crahsed. Now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanBergendahl, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Ntfs.sys corrupt cant mount

I made disk copies and switched two of my ssd and now i have ntfs errors on booth of them. I installed bitdefender on one of them and it crahsed. Now i cant boot and if i plug it in to another pc or try to run windows installer to repair it crashes.

Do anyone know a way to fix it or do i need to clean it and reinstall windows? Do you think i could recover the data?

:)

JonathanBergendahl, Jan 28, 2019

2. Corrupted NTFS Partition Table

I have a 160GB drive that for some reason or another has a corrupted NTFS partition table.

The NTFS partition (about 129GB) is inaccessible, (I get an error message stating that I need to format the drive inorder to use it.) and the remaining free space is in RAW format. For some reason the normal tools will not recognize the original NTFS partition and I cannot repair/recover the partition.

Can anyone recommend any tools that they've used to repair/recover NTFS partition information?

Part of me is thinking of just formatting the drive and then trying to recover what I can through recovery software.

Any idea's?

ex-dohctor, Jan 28, 2019
  3. auto-mount removable drives to NTFS folders

It used to be common to use autorun.inf on removable drives but the proliferation of security threats has rendered this facility useless. So I'd like to have the following Security feature added to currently supported versions of Windows (not just Windows
    10)

1. to auto-mount non-NTFS formatted removable drives to a designated folder

2. no assignment of drive letter(s) & administered from the disk management console.

3. NTFS folder permissions shoult block network access by default on the mount-point.

I know it's possible to disable auto-mounting but it isn't flexible enough to redirect to a pre-designated folder/mount-point.

Is it possible to retro-fit the facility into Windows?

Drive letters should have been eradicated by now as there's no need for a 16-bit subsystem.

technogeist2k10, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Ntfs.sys corrupt cant mount

auto-mount removable drives to NTFS folders

These are Windows 8.1 forums you have posted to and Microsoft will not be developing Windows 8.1 any further.

The same applies to Windows 7.

All their efforts are concentrated on Windows 10.

Bill Smithers, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Ntfs.sys corrupt cant mount

1. Ntfs.sys corrupt cant mount - Similar Threads - Ntfs sys corrupt

2. Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source: We have a Windows 10 Pro PC running on a VM that has a mounted NFTS drive, just using the anon switch to not require credentials. The drive letter is Z and net use shows it as an NFS Network drive mount. We can browse and interact with it just fine in explorer.However, one of...
  3. Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source: We have a Windows 10 Pro PC running on a VM that has a mounted NFTS drive, just using the anon switch to not require credentials. The drive letter is Z and net use shows it as an NFS Network drive mount. We can browse and interact with it just fine in explorer.However, one of...
  4. Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi: I have been doing this for a while, but I want to make sure I am doing it the right way.I have a RaspberryPI RPI with a mounted NTFS 1TB drive using SAMBA to share with PC'sOn my Windows 11 pc I move my data folders one by one using the 'location' under properties.Here is...
  6. NTFS Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTFS Corruption: Hello people I need help with my computer. There is 6 corrupted files on my computer and I really don't know what else I can do. I have tried everything. all the things that are broken areWindows UpdateSFC /Scannow won't workDism command won't workFresh Starting Windows 10...
  7. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  8. NTFS Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTFS Corruption: I rebuilt my system in December. Only components I kept from my old build were PSU, case and HDDs. On December 30 I noticed chkdsk running on boot into Windows 10. Event Viewer since then has had numerous Ntfs (Ntfs) Errors and Warnings. Event IDs 55, 130, 131. 55 - A...
  9. NTFS Mounting Tally Register?

in Windows 10 Support
    NTFS Mounting Tally Register?: Does NTFS somehow keep track of the number of times it has been accessed? Maybe in tally register of some sort? If so how can I access it? 117619
  10. windows 10 purposely corrupts ntfs partition on old disk, cannot mount

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 purposely corrupts ntfs partition on old disk, cannot mount: i am becoming quite pissed. a Western Digital hard drive i know is perfectly good, that was used as a windows 7 disk and had an automatic upgrade done on it but became problematic... I have had to grab a spare drive, install linux and boot on that, then mount my problem WD...
Tags: