Windows 10: Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible

Discus and support Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have ntfs usb flashdisk fresly formated and when i try to acess it say K:\ is not accessible access denied I have admin account and permissions for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by empleat, May 8, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible

I have ntfs usb flashdisk fresly formated and when i try to acess it say K:\ is not accessible
    access denied
    I have admin account and permissions for full control and still doesn't let me it, what the heck ?

:)

empleat, May 8, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 8, 2019
  3. raptori Win User
    Bootable NTFS usb flash

hi I need to make a Bootable NTFS USB flash loaded with partitioning program such as Acronis Disk Director (preferred free program) I searched and found solutions work with FAT32 only .... so if any one know such a program ? .... thanks.

raptori, May 8, 2019
  4. Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible

USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible

1. Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible - Similar Threads - Ntfs usb flash

2. Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!: Hi, I had a 5GB file which I wanted to copy in my flash drive. But my drive was formatted in FAT32 system, so I tried to format it as NTFS. But from then it shows that Windows was unable to complete the format. I tried formatting using different computers and even...
  3. NTFS Access Problems

NTFS Access Problems: Good Evening Microsoft Community, I have a very bad problem with a or better two windows installations and it's NTFS permissions.. First I am gonna provide you with all the info and problems I face: The story: My dad's pc was very slow on windows 7 on an HDD and so I...
  4. usb flash disk not showing up in disk management

usb flash disk not showing up in disk management: my usb flash drive is not showing in disk management how can I solve this in windows 10? It is a 2TB drive, it shows in device manager and states that it is working but when you click on it, it says no media is found on this drive....
  5. Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?: Sirs, I have an old pc and Bios ( non UEFI) . i formatted NTFS the 8GB usb flash drive, then found the Recovery drive creator by opening Control Panel (Windows key + X) Open Recovery Click Create Recovery drive , flash usb drive inserted , box labeled "Back up...
  6. NTFS Disk Problems

NTFS Disk Problems: I run Windows 10 on my computer that has multiple disks. I defragmented my disks and got a response that states that " Dirty disk, run CHKDSK" on this NTFS disk designated K. I ran CHKHDSK K: /f,/r,/x,/b on this disk and obtained after deleting corrupt attribute records anf...
  7. access denied for a usb flash drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied for a usb flash drive.: I have a new hp laptop and I cannot access any usb flash drives. I am not a computer person and I have tried all the internet solutions. Can you help me?...
  8. Usb flash disk not recognised

Usb flash disk not recognised: I have a usb flash disk Corsair Voyager, but, when I plug it in, it is not recognised by my windows 10 notebook. How do I repair it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-disk-not-recognised/3ea117ce-d1cd-4edf-987e-b28da2b5506e"
  9. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  10. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Support
    No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...