Windows 10: NTFS

Discus and support NTFS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made a mistake with my SD card and now my files are stucked in the NTFS sector, they're not accessible, is there anyway you can help me, the data is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EasykelSegun, Jul 15, 2020.

1. NTFS

I made a mistake with my SD card and now my files are stucked in the NTFS sector, they're not accessible, is there anyway you can help me, the data is very important to me

:)

EasykelSegun, Jul 15, 2020
  2. tf2029 Win User

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Pavan1709 Win User
    Can I move Windows 10 Hyper-V Instance to exFAT External SSD from Windows 8.1 Pro NTFS

Hi Wasay,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps to format your esternal ssd

• Go to this pc

• Select the drive

• Click on format

• Select NTFS

• Click on start
    Data loss Warning:

Converting a hard disk partition or volume from NTFS to FAT32 requires that you reformat the partition, which deletes any data on it. Be sure to back up any data you want to keep before you begin.

If you have any further questions about Windows, please get back to us. We are glad to help.

Thanks.

Pavan1709, Jul 15, 2020
  4. NTFS

xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

NTFS

1. NTFS - Similar Threads - NTFS

2. I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...: I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any data because I have no hdd to backup. How can I do that?...
  3. I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...: I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any data because I have no hdd to backup. How can I do that?...
  4. I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  6. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  7. How do I access a NTFS Mounted volume in Ubuntu/WSL ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access a NTFS Mounted volume in Ubuntu/WSL ?: I have a disk volume that is mounted as a folder in NTFS. It has no drive letter. Just a path C:\Users\me\folderXHow do I mount such a volume in WSL?I am able to munt external disks on WSL via wsl --mount \\**** --bare...
  8. How do I access a NTFS Mounted volume in Ubuntu/WSL ?

How do I access a NTFS Mounted volume in Ubuntu/WSL ?: I have a disk volume that is mounted as a folder in NTFS. It has no drive letter. Just a path C:\Users\me\folderXHow do I mount such a volume in WSL?I am able to munt external disks on WSL via wsl --mount \\**** --bare...
  9. Raw to Ntfs doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw to Ntfs doesnt work: Yesterday morning my ssd turned to raw. I don't know why and tried every fix i found in internet. Nothing fixed the issue. These are the some errors i get:chkdsk:The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Depo. Fixing critical master file table MFT files with MFT...
  10. Raw to Ntfs doesnt work

Raw to Ntfs doesnt work: Yesterday morning my ssd turned to raw. I don't know why and tried every fix i found in internet. Nothing fixed the issue. These are the some errors i get:chkdsk:The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Depo. Fixing critical master file table MFT files with MFT...