Windows 10: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error, will NOT boot

Discus and support NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error, will NOT boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm looking to sell my PC so I chose the "Reset PC" option in Windows - all files, everything. It took about an hour to complete and now it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by randynaut, Dec 3, 2020.

1. randynaut Win User

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error, will NOT boot

I'm looking to sell my PC so I chose the "Reset PC" option in Windows - all files, everything.

It took about an hour to complete and now it won't boot up and keeps giving the blue screen with NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error.

First of all, shouldn't a WINDOWS RUN RESET be safe? Second of all.. how do you suggest I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

:)

randynaut, Dec 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 stuck in blue screen boot loop with error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Hi Benfz,

Provide us additional information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code along with the error message?

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM indicates a problem occurred in ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

As a workaround I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your computer, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue.

If the issue still persists, try the below troubleshooting steps as the boot files of current operating system might got corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform Startup Repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform Startup Repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1:
    I suggest you to try Startup Repairing the Windows and check if it helps.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 2: After creating the tool perform Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup Repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Startup Repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Win 10 crash error: NTFS_File_SYSTEM

Working on a friends laptop... But not sure if I can recover it crashes(Blue screen) on boot "NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM" can I go into recovery and fix it?

PoptartBoi, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Win 10 crash error: NTFS_File_SYSTEM

If it won't boot, you won't get in to the recovery mode.
    You need a boot disc to repair the O.S. on the hard drive and /or check the drive itself.

Caring1, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error, will NOT boot - Similar Threads - NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error boot

2. BSOD Error NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM: How do I fix this error? whenever I boot my PC this error pops up. The error code is "Stopcode: NTFS FILE SYSTEM " I can't access anything. I have tried buying a new hard-drive but that didn't fix the issue....
  3. BSOD Error NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM: How do I fix this error? whenever I boot my PC this error pops up. The error code is "Stopcode: NTFS FILE SYSTEM " I can't access anything. I have tried buying a new hard-drive but that didn't fix the issue....
  4. BSOD Error NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Boot error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot error: I wanted to install Windows 11, but I also had to enable TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot, what I did , but it said that Secure Boot wasn't enabled, so I watched a video about that thing, after that I did the following: Settings-> Update and Security-> Recovery-> Advanced Startup...
  6. NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM: So i guess my computer updated without me knowing and i guess it died while it was trying to do it because when i opened it today it tried to fix files...i keep getting the blue screen with the sad face that says NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM as a stop code and then it tries to reboot and...
  7. Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM: I have a Surface Pro honestly cannot remember which one, but its several years old running Windows 10 Pro. Today when I tried to use it I get an error code NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. The computer tries to reboot itself and fails every time. It tries to recover and fix the issue but...
  8. Stop Code NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM on Windows 10

Stop Code NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM on Windows 10: I have a Unbranded PC. It have Asus P5GC-MX Motherboard,Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 CPU,3GB of RAM, and Samsung HD080HJ HDD. I used Windows 10 on it over 8 Months. Yesterday,I turned on my PC. When Booting, i Received This Massage [ATTACH] I doesn't have any important files...
  9. Boot Error

Boot Error: So, recently (around 2 months ago) I was playing on my Acer laptop which runs on Windows 10. And my computer lags out and shuts down, after a while it turned on to a screen with a black background a symbol that looks like an SSD and a message saying, “No Boot Device”. I don’t...
  10. BSOD Random, Faulty_Hardware_Corrupted_Page and NTFS_File_System

BSOD Random, Faulty_Hardware_Corrupted_Page and NTFS_File_System: Since a few months, I have been having BSOD's now and then (a few times a week), I can't find a pattern. Most often it is FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE, but just now when I was creating this thread I got a NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. I have attached the Beta Log Collector output of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows server 2012 boot error ntfs_file_system