Windows 10: NTLDR is Missing Windows 10

Discus and support NTLDR is Missing Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I left my computer in and presumably the computer did an update in my absence Windows 10 updated. When I returned home, I found the nasty message NTLDR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnAshbaugh1, Sep 8, 2020.

1. NTLDR is Missing Windows 10

I left my computer in and presumably the computer did an update in my absence Windows 10 updated. When I returned home, I found the nasty message NTLDR is missing.

So far, I have tried using Windows 10 DVD to repair to no avail, System Restore to no avail.

I pulled the drive to a docking station and ran the chkdsk /f /x command to no avail from another computer.

As far as I can tell, everything is still on the drive and completely readable. I did install a new drive to the computer, did a quick Linux installation and backed up my documents and photos to the Linux installation.

My system never had Windows XP! It did come with Windows 8 which was immediately upgraded to 10. I do have 2 HDDs one of which is used for the system restore files. At one time I had a dual boot system with Linux but Windows did not play nice and very early during a Windows 10 update wiped out my grub boot loader and I never reinstalled so tucked away on one partition on the one hard drive is a Linux operating system.

I really don't want to do a clean install of Windows!

:)

JohnAshbaugh1, Sep 8, 2020
  2. NorfolkIT Win User

NTLDR Missing. Computer will not boot

This used to fix the problem for windows xp users, I know however you are using windows 10 so I would suggest using Dart 10 and try startup repair.

Here is the link to the xp ntldr is missing Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy, CD-R, or USB flash - free
    Here is the link to download Dart 10 1337s Forums

Finally do as suggested by NavyLCDR

Fafhrd This is what I heard but was also told windows 10 still uses this file somewhere not exactly sure where now but this is interesting

Finally download windows 10 VER and burn the file to iso and reinstall windows

Software Download

if you need any further advice let me know and I will help you.

Kind Regards

Bradley

NavyLCDR

NorfolkIT, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Jimmy6 Win User
    NTLDR missing?

Follow this Faq to fix your issue:
    en.kioskea.net/faq/5930-ntldr-is-missing

Jimmy6, Sep 8, 2020
  4. NTLDR is Missing Windows 10

not loaded windows 10 - ntldr is missing

after updating the error occurred not loaded windows 10 - ntldr is missing. Help me please

RomanVolgograd, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

NTLDR is Missing Windows 10

1. NTLDR is Missing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - NTLDR Missing

2. How can i fix ntldr is missing for windows 7 home professionsal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix ntldr is missing for windows 7 home professionsal: So i have a windows 7 and i am having the message Ntldr is missing press ctrl+alt+delete to restart. i can not buy a windows 7 cd or a windows 7 recovery disk. i can not buy anything u may say. all i have is a 8gb sandisk usb flash drive. i have spent hours and days to fix...
  3. How can i fix ntldr is missing for windows 7 home professionsal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i fix ntldr is missing for windows 7 home professionsal: So i have a windows 7 and i am having the message Ntldr is missing press ctrl+alt+delete to restart. i can not buy a windows 7 cd or a windows 7 recovery disk. i can not buy anything u may say. all i have is a 8gb sandisk usb flash drive. i have spent hours and days to fix...
  4. Unmountable Boot Volume and NTLDR Missing error messages when rebooting

Unmountable Boot Volume and NTLDR Missing error messages when rebooting: I have an older laptop that originally had Windows 7 x32 on it, it's a Toshiba satellite l505. The Windows 7 that's on it is not a genuine copy the product key is too worn out to read, no backups on it. I cannot get the laptop to even boot up in any of the safe modes. It...
  5. Unmountable Boot Volume and NTLDR Missing error messages when rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable Boot Volume and NTLDR Missing error messages when rebooting: I have an older laptop that originally had Windows 7 x32 on it, it's a Toshiba satellite l505. The Windows 7 that's on it is not a genuine copy the product key is too worn out to read, no backups on it. I cannot get the laptop to even boot up in any of the safe modes. It...
  6. NTLDR MISSING Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTLDR MISSING Windows 8.1: Hello,First time posting, so please forgive me in advance if I break etiquette, and thanks in advance for the help. So I got a new SSD and I tried cloning my old HDD over Windows 8.1. Both are 4TB. I'm using Acronis for Crucial and it's taking days. So I cancel it and moved...
  7. NTLDR MISSING Windows 8.1

NTLDR MISSING Windows 8.1: Hello,First time posting, so please forgive me in advance if I break etiquette, and thanks in advance for the help. So I got a new SSD and I tried cloning my old HDD over Windows 8.1. Both are 4TB. I'm using Acronis for Crucial and it's taking days. So I cancel it and moved...
  8. Windows 10 - NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.: Hi all, I seem to have a problem on my hands. I've tried some of the most common solutions to fix the NTLDR issue that are done using Windows Install Media and the command prompt, but none of them seemed to work. I could not use 'bootrec /fixboot' command because it said...
  9. Windows 10 - NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Windows 10 - NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.: Hi all, I seem to have a problem on my hands. I've tried some of the most common solutions to fix the NTLDR issue that are done using Windows Install Media and the command prompt, but none of them seemed to work. I could not use 'bootrec /fixboot' command because it said...
  10. Windows 10 - NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade