Windows 10: ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking

Discus and support ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Following a guide in another forum, I was able in the past to install Windows 8 in an old Pentium 4 system without NX/PAE support. I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spapakons, Sep 25, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking

Hello!

Following a guide in another forum, I was able in the past to install Windows 8 in an old Pentium 4 system without NX/PAE support. I'm not going to go into details here, but the process involved extracting the installation files from install.wim to a hard disk and patch certain files to bypass compliance check. One of them is ntoskrnl.exe. I was wondering if this is possible with Windows 10. So I followed the guide and managed to install Windows 10 to a VMWare virtual machine (I didn't have a real machine available). Yes, Windows 10 work, so at least in theory it should also work on a real machine. The problem is that in every startup I get a BSOD that ntoskrln.exe digital dignature cannot be verified or similar. I already tried to enable test mode and ignore signatures, as well as disable Windows Defender, but the problem persists! In order to load Windows I have each time to press F8 to get into advanced startup options and then select 7 to ignore driver signing. How can I disable system file check at startup so I don't get this message? Any ideas? Before you rush to say "why bother", I answer "for the challenge, because I can".

DESKTOP-JRBA5S1-Sat_09_26_2015_123403_03.zip

:)

spapakons, Sep 25, 2015
  2. EdgeBerg Win User

The Windows 10 App Says My CPU Is Unsupported

Windows 10's required CPU features are the same as Windows 8.1:
    PAE, NX and SSE2
    . You may need to switch on NX (aka Data Execution Prevention) in your BIOS settings.

EdgeBerg, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

To install Windows 10 on your PC, the processor (CPU) must support the following features: Physical Address Extension (PAE), NX, and SSE2. Most CPUs have support for these features, so if you receive this error, it is likely because the
    NX feature is not enabled on your system.

-------------------------

To resolve this error, follow manufacturer guidelines to enable NX (“No eXecute bit”), or the equivalent XD (“eXecute Disabled”), feature within the BIOS settings. This feature is typically found in the Advanced or Security tabs within
    the BIOS settings, and can be referred to by a variety of names, including but not limited to:

· No Execute Memory Protect

· Execute Disabled Memory Protection

· EDB (Execute Disabled Bit)

· EVP (Enhanced Virus Protection)

If the BIOS setting for the NX (XD, EDB, or EVP) support option is not available on your system, you may need to contact the manufacturer to update the BIOS. Note that some very old processors may not contain these features and will be
    incompatible with Windows 10.

A whitepaper has been published with further details about the PAE/NX/SSE2 requirement for Windows 10, error cases and scenarios that customers encounter when machines fail to meet the requirement, and what to do to install Windows 8 on
    their PC’s. You can download the whitepaper at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh975398.aspx

If you are using a virtualization product to install a Windows 10 virtual machine (VM) and receive this error (or error 0xC0000260), you must enable PAE (or PAE/NX) in the virtualization product’s settings or configuration manager when
    setting up the Windows 8 virtual environment.

Note that if you tried to install Windows 10 on the VM hosted on a system running a previous version of Windows with NX disabled, you will need to enable NX on the system before PAE/NX can be enabled for the VM. Please follow the instructions
    described in the whitepaperunder
    “How Do I know if My System Supports NX or SSE2?” and “If NX Is Supported on My System, How Do I Turn on NX?” to enable NX on the system.

Error when installing Windows 8 Release Preview: “Your PC’s CPU isn’t compatible with Windows 8.”

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking

1. ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking - Similar Threads - ntoskrl digital signature

2. Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428: Hi, I'm getting a blue screen with this error code. Full text as follows.."RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repaired.The digital signature for this file couldn't be verified. Error code: 0xc0000428You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media...
  3. Failed to verify digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  4. Failed to verify digital signature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  5. Multiple Digital Signatures- with Comments?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Digital Signatures- with Comments?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/elfurezo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lujz5g/multiple_digital_signatures_with_comments/
  6. Digital signature error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Digital signature error: When I go to properties of a file, it lists digital signatures as expected. But when I go to details of a specific signature, it says:"The digital signature of this object did not verify.". Shouldnt the windows warn me of a faulty signature without me going to details?...
  7. Driver digital signature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver digital signature: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.379] - the Sennheiser HDV 820 USB driver is not working. Windows says that it cannot verify the digital signature. Now (HDV 820) this is a rather new product (1-2 years old) and I am quite positive that the USB drivers provided by...
  8. Adobe Digital Signatures - Crypto Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Digital Signatures - Crypto Errors: I've used a digital signature for a while but lately when trying to apply it, I am getting the following error: Key generation error: Internal cryptographic library error Error Code 0x2719 I have no idea how to fix this. I found an article that says rename the Crypto...
  9. VirtualBox: Is PAE/NX option dangerous for the system?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox: Is PAE/NX option dangerous for the system?: Hi everybody, I'd like to install Kali Linux on a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox. At startup it failed because it did not have the PAE, so I've enabled it and checked. Everything works fine, but an horrible doubt came up into my mind: as PAE exposes the Physical Address...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b: I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+(64-bit processor) and I'm thinking it can't run WIndows 10 64-bit. One website said to check under System Information "Look for system type if you see x64 based PC, then your computer is capable of running 64-bit Windows. If you see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu nx pae bypass