Windows 10: NTOSKRNL Crash

Discus and support NTOSKRNL Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by butterblum, Nov 29, 2015.

1. NTOSKRNL Crash

Hey guys,
    I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when I manually restart or shutdown the computer. I have checked the dump logs, which point back to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. I have checked my memory, which is good (according to memtestx86). I even reset my Windows 10 (using the "keep files" option), and the issue still persists. I also reset my CPU and memory to non-overclocked settings. I uploaded my dump files, and will run driver verifier and sfc, uploading any more files in the process.
    Thanks

:)

butterblum, Nov 29, 2015
  2. ZelixOG Win User

IRQL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Ok I will do that. Is there any fix to the ntoskrnl crash though? That happened again as well. I seem to get that very often. That gpu crash is the first time ive seen it. I see the ntoskrnl crash very frequently.

ZelixOG, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Blue screens on a desktop. Including Crash dumps. They include: Critical-Process-Died, Memory-Management, IRQL_Not_Equal_Or_Less

Jason

It simply can not be ntoskrnl as that is one of the main OS processes. It NEVER crashes because if there is something wrong with it the system will not boot. No idea where you are seeing it say the cause is Ntoskrnl

If you cant get it to crash and they can, they are doing something to make it crash. Perhaps it is networking, perhaps it is the power source there. It can be anything and it is impossible to diagnose via third party.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 29, 2015
  4. NTOSKRNL Crash

Here is my SFC log (with errors). Again, this is a newly restored copy of Windows 10, with all updates. All that I have installed is NVIDIA drivers. Everything else was done by Windows automatically.
    I should also add that I ran memtestx86 and driver verifier (in progress) after I defaulted the voltage values in the BIOS. No instability thus far.

butterblum, Nov 29, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi butterblum,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The crashes are caused by an AMD driver 'ATI Unified AVStream service Driver'
    Driver Reference Table - atinavrr.sys
    Please update this driver.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atinavrr.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atinavrr.sys[/quote] I recommend to remove ASUS software, some are known for causing bluescreens, like ASUS AI Suite (version doesn't matter).

6. My PC only started doing this recently. I think it was around when I installed ASUS GPUTweak, which is no longer installed, as I reset windows. I have used Windows 10 with ASUS AI Suite for months with no issue, until everything started acting up a month ago.
    I updated the ATI drivers to the versions which were stable under Windows 7, however the crash happened again.
    I attached my newest dump file.
    Could this be a hardware issue?

butterblum, Nov 30, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Why do you think this is a hardware issue?

8. axe0 New Member

NTOSKRNL Crash

If I'm correct this driver is from a USB TV tuner?
    If I'm correct, disconnect this device, remove the drivers and see how it goes.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atinavrr.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atinavrr.sys 1: kd> lmvm atinavrr start end module name fffff801`f3c90000 fffff801`f3e0c380 atinavrr T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atinavrr.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atinavrr.sys Image name: atinavrr.sys Timestamp: Wed Nov 04 15:11:24 2009 (4AF18B8C) CheckSum: 0017D8AF ImageSize: 0017C380 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

NTOSKRNL Crash

1. NTOSKRNL Crash - Similar Threads - NTOSKRNL Crash

2. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  3. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  4. ntoskrnl Windows 11 Crash PC Bootable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl Windows 11 Crash PC Bootable: HiI started getting full blue screen crashes after having no previous issues. Starting today when I booted my PC.I cannot provide minidump files or run CMD as admin as that leads to instant crashes. I run the latest drivers on windows and my Nvidia graphics card. I have tried...
  5. ntoskrnl Windows 11 Crash PC Bootable

ntoskrnl Windows 11 Crash PC Bootable: HiI started getting full blue screen crashes after having no previous issues. Starting today when I booted my PC.I cannot provide minidump files or run CMD as admin as that leads to instant crashes. I run the latest drivers on windows and my Nvidia graphics card. I have tried...
  6. Repeated Crashes: BSOD - IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated Crashes: BSOD - IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 this week, my PC has been getting random reboots, crashes, BSODs: IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl.exe Specs: Ryzen 5600Motherboard: B550M 8GBx2 RAM SticksNvidia 2060SuperBugcheck Minidumps:...
  7. Repeated Crashes: BSOD - IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl

Repeated Crashes: BSOD - IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 this week, my PC has been getting random reboots, crashes, BSODs: IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl.exe Specs: Ryzen 5600Motherboard: B550M 8GBx2 RAM SticksNvidia 2060SuperBugcheck Minidumps:...
  8. Ntoskrnl crashes with black magic decklink duo 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ntoskrnl crashes with black magic decklink duo 2: Hello. I have been fighting random BSODs with NTOSKRNL and MSCSS for weeks. Finally found a couple threads related to blackmagic cards. Uninstalled my Decklink Duo 2 and the problem has seemed to resolve. I saw one thread here where it seemed to be suggested to reinstall the...
  9. Ntoskrnl crashes with black magic decklink duo 2

Ntoskrnl crashes with black magic decklink duo 2: Hello. I have been fighting random BSODs with NTOSKRNL and MSCSS for weeks. Finally found a couple threads related to blackmagic cards. Uninstalled my Decklink Duo 2 and the problem has seemed to resolve. I saw one thread here where it seemed to be suggested to reinstall the...
  10. Ntoskrnl crashes with black magic decklink duo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ntoskrnl crashes with black magic decklink duo.: Hello. I have been fighting random BSODs with NTOSKRNL and MSCSS for weeks. Finally found a couple threads related to blackmagic cards. Uninstalled my Decklink Duo 2 and the problem has seemed to resolve. I saw one thread here where it seemed to be suggested to reinstall the...