Windows 10: NTOSKRNL Crash

Discus and support NTOSKRNL Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by butterblum, Nov 29, 2015.

1. NTOSKRNL Crash

Hey guys,
    I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when I manually restart or shutdown the computer. I have checked the dump logs, which point back to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. I have checked my memory, which is good (according to memtestx86). I even reset my Windows 10 (using the "keep files" option), and the issue still persists. I also reset my CPU and memory to non-overclocked settings. I uploaded my dump files, and will run driver verifier and sfc, uploading any more files in the process.
    Thanks

:)

butterblum, Nov 29, 2015
  2. ZelixOG Win User

IRQL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Ok I will do that. Is there any fix to the ntoskrnl crash though? That happened again as well. I seem to get that very often. That gpu crash is the first time ive seen it. I see the ntoskrnl crash very frequently.

ZelixOG, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Blue screens on a desktop. Including Crash dumps. They include: Critical-Process-Died, Memory-Management, IRQL_Not_Equal_Or_Less

Jason

It simply can not be ntoskrnl as that is one of the main OS processes. It NEVER crashes because if there is something wrong with it the system will not boot. No idea where you are seeing it say the cause is Ntoskrnl

If you cant get it to crash and they can, they are doing something to make it crash. Perhaps it is networking, perhaps it is the power source there. It can be anything and it is impossible to diagnose via third party.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 29, 2015
  4. NTOSKRNL Crash

Here is my SFC log (with errors). Again, this is a newly restored copy of Windows 10, with all updates. All that I have installed is NVIDIA drivers. Everything else was done by Windows automatically.
    I should also add that I ran memtestx86 and driver verifier (in progress) after I defaulted the voltage values in the BIOS. No instability thus far.

butterblum, Nov 29, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi butterblum,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The crashes are caused by an AMD driver 'ATI Unified AVStream service Driver'
    Driver Reference Table - atinavrr.sys
    Please update this driver.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atinavrr.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atinavrr.sys[/quote] I recommend to remove ASUS software, some are known for causing bluescreens, like ASUS AI Suite (version doesn't matter).

6. My PC only started doing this recently. I think it was around when I installed ASUS GPUTweak, which is no longer installed, as I reset windows. I have used Windows 10 with ASUS AI Suite for months with no issue, until everything started acting up a month ago.
    I updated the ATI drivers to the versions which were stable under Windows 7, however the crash happened again.
    I attached my newest dump file.
    Could this be a hardware issue?

butterblum, Nov 30, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Why do you think this is a hardware issue?

8. axe0 New Member

NTOSKRNL Crash

If I'm correct this driver is from a USB TV tuner?
    If I'm correct, disconnect this device, remove the drivers and see how it goes.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atinavrr.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atinavrr.sys 1: kd> lmvm atinavrr start end module name fffff801`f3c90000 fffff801`f3e0c380 atinavrr T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atinavrr.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atinavrr.sys Image name: atinavrr.sys Timestamp: Wed Nov 04 15:11:24 2009 (4AF18B8C) CheckSum: 0017D8AF ImageSize: 0017C380 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

NTOSKRNL Crash

1. NTOSKRNL Crash - Similar Threads - NTOSKRNL Crash

2. System ntoskrnl high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System ntoskrnl high cpu usage: On startup the ntoskrnl process quickly begins using 30% of my cpu power without any other tasks running this wont go away although performing a restart seems to cure it, whenever I turn the pc on from cold it starts again I have done a fresh install of windows 10, gone...
  3. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  4. ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...

ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...: Hi, I am new here. Been trying to get to the bottom of my infuriating problem with my laptop. Frequent BSODs, usually when the laptop has had a chance to go idle for a bit, never when an intensive program is running. I downloaded WhoCrashed and got the following reports...
  5. Huge ntoskrnl DPC latency spikes on video playback [Windows 10 1909]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge ntoskrnl DPC latency spikes on video playback [Windows 10 1909]: Hello, over the past 4 months I've been having issues with DPC latency spikes and interrupts to process latency. My PC specs are as follows: Asus X570 Tuf [latest BIOS] Ryzen 3700X 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT 3200mhz GTX 970 [Using Nvidia 425.31 driver as it seems the most...
  6. Huge ntoskrnl DPC latency spikes on video playback [Windows 10 1909]

Huge ntoskrnl DPC latency spikes on video playback [Windows 10 1909]: Hello, over the past 4 months I've been having issues with DPC latency spikes and interrupts to process latency. My PC specs are as follows: Asus X570 Tuf [latest BIOS] Ryzen 3700X 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT 3200mhz GTX 970 [Using Nvidia 425.31 driver as it seems the most...
  7. Ntoskrnl BSOD

Ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, Any ideas how I can stop ntoskrnl.exe of causing blue screens? It happens every few days while I am playing games on steam Here are my dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7Kwdh1341_R2psC5NVUoETVBtqC_QlP/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, Any ideas how I can stop ntoskrnl.exe of causing blue screens? It happens every few days while I am playing games on steam Here are my dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7Kwdh1341_R2psC5NVUoETVBtqC_QlP/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Fix ntoskrnl high cpu usage for Windows 10 Pro?

Fix ntoskrnl high cpu usage for Windows 10 Pro?: In mid - late December 2019 I noticed a lag in starting applications after booting or powering up my Windows 10 desktop. Outlook, Word, Excel, and others has a noticeable delay in starting. Once I noticed this behavior I started task manager and noticed a process named...
  10. Window 10 Crash on Awake ntoskrnl

Window 10 Crash on Awake ntoskrnl: On Fri 5/19/2017 7:08:23 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051917-12968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C310) Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800D8C2560E) Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...