Windows 10: ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

Discus and support ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Hope you are all having a good day! I have been facing the BSOD issue for months! it first started while using photoshop, Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mansanman, Aug 3, 2020.

1. mansanman Win User

ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

Hello Everyone, Hope you are all having a good day!

I have been facing the BSOD issue for months!

it first started while using photoshop, Laptop kept getting BSOD then stopped working

Windows diagnostics showed that the RAM is Faulty.

What i have done is:

-Replace RAM

-Replace SSD

-Disable Intel Turbo Boost

Computer Technicians scanned my laptop and found the motherboard to be perfectly fine, even the RAM slot

However they cant figure out the BSOD issue

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj4VxA7TA-mihyWZvZoRCu9PNkB6?e=wKTNZV

^ This is the link to Minidmp and MSinfo

My laptop is DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES 2IN1

8gb ram ddr3

intel 520

core i5 -62000

Hope i find a solution, Thank you!

:)

mansanman, Aug 3, 2020

2. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

Over the past month my home server machine (Lenovo Thinkserver + Windows 10) has started to BSOD every so often. About 3 days ago the latest Windows Creator update was nstalled and I am now getting the BSOD every 15-20 minutes causing a reboot. I have
    looked at the minidumps and it is identifying ntoskrnl.exe as the culprit. Wether this is true or it is another driver causing an issue beforehand I am not sure. I have booted into safe mode, but this has not stopped the issue. My boot disk is a Crucial
    SSD, which reports now problems when using CHKDSK. I have also run a memory test which came back ok

Any suggestions welcome?

SpenceNichols, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User

Thank you for the update. If you keep getting the same issue and it still crashes, we'd like to confirm if you did a quick memory test or a full test. We suggest doing an extended memory test and a hardware diagnostics as the error
    ntoskrnl.exe is connected to hardware issues as well. For the hardware diagnostics, contact your device manufacturer directly as they are the one performing the test.

Don't hesitate to give us an update on how it goes.

Anne Ros, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Hi Spence,

Ntoskrnl.exe (Short for Windows NT operating system kernel,) also known as kernel image, provides the kernel and executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization,
    process and memory management, thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the cache manager, the executive, the kernel, the security reference monitor, the memory manager, and the scheduler.

If you've experienced this error, it might also be related to a driver related issues. We suggest updating all the drivers on your device. You can also run the
    troubleshooter for blue screen errors.

You can also perform a Memtest. Follow the steps below to know how:

The ntoskrnl.exe BSOD is usually related to memory, possibly caused by a faulty driver. It is suggested that you run the following memory test to verify your memory and find out which driver is causing the problem.

Note: If you are over-clocking anything, please shut them down first before you run the tests. You will need to reboot your computer to perform the test. During the test, you won’t be able to use your computer.

• Click Start button, then type Windows Memory Diagnostic in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Click Restart now and check for problems(recommended). Be sure to save your work first because your computer will start immediately.
    • Your computer will restart and the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will appear. Just let it perform the test. You don’t need to stay and watch the test finishes.
    • Your computer will automatically reboot and return to the Windows desktop. The test result will show up after you log in. If the result doesn’t show up automatically, you can check it manually.

Press Win+ R at the same time, then type in eventvwr.msc and hit
      Enter. Click System option under category
      Windows Logs
      on the left pane. On the right pane, click Find….

Type MemoryDiagnostic in the search box and hit Enter, you will be able to see the result displayed at the bottom of the window.
    • If the result of your memory diagnose shows that there are certain drivers are at fault, or that you see some error, you have bad RAM. It is very likely that you need to get your RAM changed. If you don’t see anything here, your memory is good.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl exe causing

2. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  3. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. NTOSKRNL causing hourly BSOD crashes Window 10

NTOSKRNL causing hourly BSOD crashes Window 10: Hi allfor the last few months my PC has been crashing randomly overnight, this has been getting worse to the point that it is happening every 15-30 mins. I am receiving multiple different Blue screen errors, from checking Bluescreenview they are caused by "allntoskrnl.exe...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works

Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works: Hi everyone! I'm trying to get an HP Pavillion laptop with Win 10 to start properly. What happens is that I reach the login screen, it accepts the login and says "Welcome", but after 10 min of trying to actually reach the desktop, it crashes and a fault message shows saying...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...