Windows 10: ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes BSOD

Discus and support ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, MS Community there. This is Henry. I have had this BSOD issue since 3 weeks ago. Today I managed to use Verifier to get 2 MEMORY.DUMP, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HenryLiang2, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes BSOD

Hi, MS Community there.

This is Henry.

I have had this BSOD issue since 3 weeks ago.

Today I managed to use Verifier to get 2 MEMORY.DUMP, with 954MB, and 1.64GB.

and a few mini dmp.

I am using HP laptop AMD 2700 CPU.

It is still difficult to upload the huge file into Onedrive.

Is there any online tools I can diagnostic where is the driver issue, with these 2 huge DMP ?

If not, I may need help help from community to diagnostic the files.

Another issue, I noticed, when I scroll fast in Linkedin, and Netflix. There are frequently black screen for a short while, and back to normal after a few seconds. Chrome , current 84, this happen for many versions

This never happen to any other website. Only Netflix and Linkedin. Really make me wonder what was going on behind it.

Thank you so much.

Cheers

Henry

:)

HenryLiang2, Aug 1, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Suddenly - BSOD! x124, ntoskrnl.exe

I'm suddenly getting BSODs. I never see them happen, I always go to my computer and Windows oh so prolifically informs me of a crash. I don't know what triggers it, I'm not there... all I know is it likes to randomly crash. I do run BOINC full-time on the system so there's plenty of load on the CPU and whatnot, but I have before and never had issues until just lately.

(( One major pet peeve about Windows 8... previous versions would give you some info, now I get these *Frown ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes  BSOD :(... ))

Bluescreenview tells me that it's the classic x124 code, and its caused by ntoskrnl.exe. At first I thought that it might be caused by my sound card, a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro. The reason I thought this is because I never really had any BSOD before I put this card in, where before I used an Asus Xonar DG. I initially blamed Creative's drivers or something along those lines, but since it says the kernel is crashing, I'm thinking maybe Creative isn't at fault here with shoddy drivers. Is my OC suddenly unstable? One line of thought that suggests some form of hardware instability here is that the Asus Xonar DG was a PCI card, and the X-Fi I am using now is PCI-E x1. Maybe having my sound card on the PCI-E bus is stressing out the system more than it was before causing BSOD?

3. BSOD Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14e7c0

My PC is constantly crashing with a BSOD message. The message seems to very regularly but the caused by driver is always the same listed as "ntoskrnl.exe".

I've replaced the RAM and the video card as well as reinstalled the NVIDIA video drivers. Problem started around Nov. 2016 and has progressively become more frequent. Disk is regularly at 100% usage also.

I would happily upload the dump file but I do not have access to box. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

==================================================

Dump File : 050617-41406-01.dmp

Crash Time : 5/6/2017 10:07:58 AM

Bug Check String : BAD_POOL_HEADER

Bug Check Code : 0x00000019

Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000023

Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000002

Parameter 4 : ffffa189`659cadc0

Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14e7c0

File Description : NT Kernel & System

Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Company : Microsoft Corporation

File Version : 10.0.14393.1066 (rs1_release_sec.170327-1835)

Processor : x64

Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14e7c0

Stack Address 1 :

Stack Address 2 :

Stack Address 3 :

Computer Name :

Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050617-41406-01.dmp

Processors Count : 8

Major Version : 15

Minor Version : 14393

Dump File Size : 543,340

Dump File Time : 5/6/2017 10:11:17 AM

==================================================

Shylergirl, Aug 1, 2020
  4. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes BSOD

How to fix BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I've done the steps you have given and surprisingly the issue got resolved. Now no issues with the battery too..!!

I don't know how to thank you, Gerry.!

• May I ask which tool do you use to analyse the dmp files?

• Why in BlueScreenView it showed the problematic driver as ntoskrnl.exe?

Joseph V. Michael, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes BSOD

1. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes BSOD - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl exe causing

2. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  3. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. NTOSKRNL causing hourly BSOD crashes Window 10

NTOSKRNL causing hourly BSOD crashes Window 10: Hi allfor the last few months my PC has been crashing randomly overnight, this has been getting worse to the point that it is happening every 15-30 mins. I am receiving multiple different Blue screen errors, from checking Bluescreenview they are caused by "allntoskrnl.exe...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  10. BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL

BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL: Hello, I've been having an issue this past week whenever my computer restarts (seems to be from Windows Updates) I come back to a Bad Pool Header BSOD. I was able to get it stopped by uninstalling Avast and doing a Clean Boot. After about 2 hours of restarting and just adding...