Windows 10: NTOSKRNL.exe is crashing and causing blue screens

Discus and support NTOSKRNL.exe is crashing and causing blue screens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all,I’m currently having an issue with my PC where it keeps crashing to the blue screen, then restarting. It seems to happen at any time, running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeaner9090, Aug 20, 2021.

1. NTOSKRNL.exe is crashing and causing blue screens

Hello all,I’m currently having an issue with my PC where it keeps crashing to the blue screen, then restarting. It seems to happen at any time, running CAD, playing games, on the desktop, etc.I used Blue Screen Viewer to pull the minidump files and get an idea of what’s causing it and found it to be NTOSKRNL.exe. Everything I find seems to point towards a driver causing the file to crash in memory if I recall correctly. I’ve tried updating all drivers, even reinstalling Windows completely and no luck.I’ve sort of given up and pulled the info file and minidumps to see if anyone here has better

:)

Jeaner9090, Aug 20, 2021
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Aug 20, 2021
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

Hi, KirbyBakken

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ntoskrnl-exe-hig...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

NTOSKRNL.exe is crashing and causing blue screens

Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

NTOSKRNL.exe is crashing and causing blue screens

1. NTOSKRNL.exe is crashing and causing blue screens - Similar Threads - NTOSKRNL exe crashing

2. ntoskrnl Random Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl Random Blue Screens: Minidumps from crashes provided here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgaXUUEKKwTvigGTCO59apS-Bfz9?e=VE1yOISince building my new system and installing Windows 11, my system experiences odd crashes during normal use. I've collected the dump files in the link above.OS: Windows 11...
  3. ntoskrnl Random Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl Random Blue Screens: Minidumps from crashes provided here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgaXUUEKKwTvigGTCO59apS-Bfz9?e=VE1yOISince building my new system and installing Windows 11, my system experiences odd crashes during normal use. I've collected the dump files in the link above.OS: Windows 11...
  4. Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My computer has been crashing frequently within the past month due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I suspect the issue is related to my graphics drivers, but I've no idea on how to fix it. minidumpHelp would be greatly appreciated...
  5. Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My computer has been crashing frequently within the past month due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I suspect the issue is related to my graphics drivers, but I've no idea on how to fix it. minidumpHelp would be greatly appreciated...
  6. Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My computer has been crashing frequently within the past month due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I suspect the issue is related to my graphics drivers, but I've no idea on how to fix it. minidump...
  7. OneDrive causing blue screen crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive causing blue screen crash: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.1082 I'm having a problem with OneDrive crashing Windows and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. It happens mostly when I pause syncing, but sometimes it makes it through the pause, and then crashes when I unpause. When I...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. NTOSKRNL Crash

NTOSKRNL Crash: Hey guys, I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when I manually restart or shutdown the computer. I have checked the dump logs, which point back to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. I...