Windows 10: ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 crash "Blue screen of death" RAM

Discus and support ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 crash "Blue screen of death" RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I recently upgraded my RAM memory on my laptop Acer Nitro 5. The RAM is compatible with the laptop same speed, ddr4, 8GB. The problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Saturmaxxx, Oct 18, 2020.

1. ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 crash "Blue screen of death" RAM

Hey,

I recently upgraded my RAM memory on my laptop Acer Nitro 5. The RAM is compatible with the laptop same speed, ddr4, 8GB. The problem is that whenever I try to boot up the windows, the screen turns black with Acer logo. Then I have to press the power button, and the blue screen of death shows up. After it the windows works properly.

I've also checked the memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic, there wasn't any error, the ram seems fine.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Saturmaxxx,

:)

Saturmaxxx, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Law-II Win User

ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 crash "Blue screen of death" RAM

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 crash "Blue screen of death" RAM

1. ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 crash "Blue screen of death" RAM - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl exe crash

2. ntoskrnl Random Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl Random Blue Screens: Minidumps from crashes provided here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgaXUUEKKwTvigGTCO59apS-Bfz9?e=VE1yOISince building my new system and installing Windows 11, my system experiences odd crashes during normal use. I've collected the dump files in the link above.OS: Windows 11...
  3. ntoskrnl Random Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl Random Blue Screens: Minidumps from crashes provided here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgaXUUEKKwTvigGTCO59apS-Bfz9?e=VE1yOISince building my new system and installing Windows 11, my system experiences odd crashes during normal use. I've collected the dump files in the link above.OS: Windows 11...
  4. Laptop crashed blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed blue screen of death: Hello, today i was using my bluetooth earbuds on my laptop and they were not working well despiste being connected it was not giving any sound i was using it before and it was working, then the youtube video stopped playing and it crashed. This is the link to the minidump...
  5. Blue Screen of Death Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death Crash: Hi,Recently I have been receiving a BSOD crash every 30-45 mins with the stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER.Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.Here is the link to the dump files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsdcqCBOyIoauivFxFh8IcpPFo?e=iuSN5VThank you!...
  6. Blue Screen of Death Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death Crash: Hi,Recently I have been receiving a BSOD crash every 30-45 mins with the stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER.Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.Here is the link to the dump files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsdcqCBOyIoauivFxFh8IcpPFo?e=iuSN5VThank you!...
  7. Blue Screen of Death Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Ntoskernel exe blue screen of death

Ntoskernel exe blue screen of death: Hello guys, i bought a new pc few days ago today i got a bsod only once so far but i am afraid it may be repeated i downloaded bluescreen view i found the crash address to be ntoskrnl.exe+3f5e40here is a screenshot of the bsod dmp fileand here is a link of the dmp file in...
  9. windows crashed Blue Screen of Death

windows crashed Blue Screen of Death: hi can you tell what crashed i was playing music online and suddenly crashed after playing a few hours... https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkZ74ugB21knq13xvbgAjY-Cg4b0?e=dpoY7l...
  10. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...