Windows 10: ntoskrnl (System) is using 250MB/Memory regularly -Cant get rid of it

Discus and support ntoskrnl (System) is using 250MB/Memory regularly -Cant get rid of it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Any help would be so appreciated. I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it but that isn't much. I cant change the permissions in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by stephlorene23, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ntoskrnl (System) is using 250MB/Memory regularly -Cant get rid of it

Any help would be so appreciated. I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it but that isn't much. I cant change the permissions in the system folder of course so I can't seem to change or fix this in any way I have tried. I can hear it running on my computer, right now using 236MB according to task manager. Makes my PC painfully slow its almost impossible to do anything. Started about a week after Windows 10 install, I'm about to go back to Windows 7 as I am afraid if I reinstall 10 it will do the same thing. I have uploaded the zipped file as requested, as well as a screen shot of my task manager and the properties window which I know probably does not do much good. Thank you

:)

stephlorene23, Sep 25, 2015

2. Blue screens on a desktop. Including Crash dumps. They include: Critical-Process-Died, Memory-Management, IRQL_Not_Equal_Or_Less

Jason

It simply can not be ntoskrnl as that is one of the main OS processes. It NEVER crashes because if there is something wrong with it the system will not boot. No idea where you are seeing it say the cause is Ntoskrnl

If you cant get it to crash and they can, they are doing something to make it crash. Perhaps it is networking, perhaps it is the power source there. It can be anything and it is impossible to diagnose via third party.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 25, 2015
  3. LeungTeddy, Sep 25, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

ntoskrnl (System) is using 250MB/Memory regularly -Cant get rid of it

Hi Have you checked for malware?? You might scan your PC with Malwarebytes!
    ntoskrnl is needed but is also a place that malware likes to hide.
    Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal

donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Memory is not your problem for pete sake. Your CPU is at 75+%. RAM usage is not slowing you down. Leave RAM, ALONE!

logicearth, Sep 28, 2015
  6. I would be more concerned that with minimal programs working your CPU is running at 75 %. Of course it could just be that your screenshot coincided with a spike but still.

Also you haven't filled out your system specs properly so it's difficult to help you.
    Can you fill out your system specs so I have a better idea what I'm working with?

If you don't know the values, please download Speccy from Piriform and install. It will tell you everything you need to know:
    Speccy - Standard

Also, please run MBAM if you haven't already.

PlatypusKnight, Sep 28, 2015
  7. I have ran every good malware program there is they all say It's clear, I ran the Speccy (thank you) and will fill out that info now... this is what it said though -
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00GHz 83 °C
    Merom 65nm Technology
    RAM
    3.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)
    Motherboard
    Sony Corporation VAIO (N/A)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1280x800@59Hz)
    Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Sony)
    Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Sony)
    Storage
    232GB Seagate ST9250827AS (SATA) 37 °C
    Optical Drives
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560S
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio.
    CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5800
    Cores 2
    Threads 2
    Name Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5800
    Code Name Merom
    Package Socket P (478)
    Technology 65nm
    Specification Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
    Family 6
    Extended Family 6
    Model F
    Extended Model F
    Stepping D
    Revision M0
    Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, Intel 64, NX
    Virtualization Not supported
    Hyperthreading Not supported
    Bus Speed 199.3 MHz
    Rated Bus Speed 797.4 MHz
    Stock Core Speed 2000 MHz
    Stock Bus Speed 200 MHz
    Average Temperature 83 °C
    Caches
    L1 Data Cache Size 2 x 32 KBytes
    L1 Instructions Cache Size 2 x 32 KBytes
    L2 Unified Cache Size 2048 KBytes

I wasn't having any problems before I installed Windows 10, a few days ago I did a new clean install and wiped
    everything same problem is coming up again. When I google it I find that others have had the same issue or
    are having it but no real good solutions... Thanks for your help

stephlorene23, Oct 6, 2015
  8. ntoskrnl (System) is using 250MB/Memory regularly -Cant get rid of it

TairikuOkami, Oct 6, 2015
  9. Thank you TairikuOkami. That may have worked. I know that before I reinstalled windows 10 the other
    day I was having an issue that I could not do anything with my HomeGroup because the P2Psvd.dll was
    not functioning and could not be repaired. We'll see I will post if I have further issues with it. I'm going to mark this as solved
    because it instantly is not acting as it was before, I believe it worked. Thanks again

stephlorene23, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ntoskrnl (System) is using 250MB/Memory regularly -Cant get rid of it

1. ntoskrnl (System) is using 250MB/Memory regularly -Cant get rid of it - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl System using

2. Regular ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular ntoskrnl BSOD: Hey everyone,Recently I have been getting regular BSODs at random, but frequent intervals. This has happened in all sorts of situations watching films, playing games, using word, browsing the internet, just having it running, and I'm running out of ideas how to fix it....
  3. Regular ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular ntoskrnl BSOD: Hey everyone,Recently I have been getting regular BSODs at random, but frequent intervals. This has happened in all sorts of situations watching films, playing games, using word, browsing the internet, just having it running, and I'm running out of ideas how to fix it....
  4. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan: Hi, all my windows security when a scan was carried out I found this Trojan:Win32/Xpack.A!MTB I can't seem to get rid of it or find that folder. I have turned off the system restore scanned with malware bytes and found nothing with the anti-virus program Total AV and found...
  5. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan: Hi, all my windows security when a scan was carried out I found this Trojan:Win32/Xpack.A!MTB I can't seem to get rid of it or find that folder. I have turned off the system restore scanned with malware bytes and found nothing with the anti-virus program Total AV and found...
  6. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Ntoskrnl(system) Using 100% disk in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntoskrnl(system) Using 100% disk in windows 10: From ages I'm suffering from this problem. My system boots very slow and after starting itself when I run task manager it shows 100% disk. I tried to solve this problem by watching some YouTube videos but none of them worked. Please help me if you know how to solve this...
  8. Purchased used Laptop, cant get rid of remote user!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Purchased used Laptop, cant get rid of remote user!!: Purchased a used laptop, I noticed user/users, would not recover, so I created recovery drive. After several days of trying to update, restore, Who ever stopped updates, stopped recovery attempts...Finally i thought I accomplished my restoration.....And then suddenly its...
  9. ntoskrnl memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl memory leak: Hey guys. I've recently been noticing a lot of memory being used by my system. Last night I restarted it and turned the monitor off. Cpu usage was right around 5% and memory was only 2.5 gb out of 8gb. This morning I woke up and cpu usage was at 20% and ram usage at 70%. I...
  10. ntoskrnl memory leak

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ntoskrnl memory leak: Hey guys. I've recently been noticing a lot of memory being used by my system. Last night I restarted it and turned the monitor off. Cpu usage was right around 5% and memory was only 2.5 gb out of 8gb. This morning I woke up and cpu usage was at 20% and ram usage at 70%. I...