Windows 10: NTP client shows incorrect Time on Windows 10

Discus and support NTP client shows incorrect Time on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will identify the cause when SpecialPollInterval is used as a polling interval, the Windows Time Service shows incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 3, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

NTP client shows incorrect Time on Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 3, 2020
  2. AMDCam Win User

NTP Help

Hi guys, I know this is not the site for bull**** networking but you've been the most reliable tech site I've ever been on for any computer stuff. So I've got a question about a network. I'm with the Marines, and we're running secure networks branching off from everywhere. I mean I'm in Japan right now. But we're trying to sync our hardware (Cisco devices, switches and routers) to NTP. I created a test setup with a router, easy as pie to sync that, but it was a direct connection from the router to our linksys gateway directly to the ISP. But in the real setup, we pull NTP data on every piece of hardware I set up to sync...we just don't sync. "Show NTP associations" shows full reach, stratum 3 servers all working perfect but our offsets are off (I'd love to know what the numbers for offset mean), but show ntp status shows no synchronization, not even a hint that it realizes it's got a working NTP server to pull off of. NTP is supposed to be an easy setup, but for over a month now myself and everyone I know have tried everything from our end to get a sync and we got nothing. Maybe it's not close enough to the NTP time, so we set the time and timezone a billion times, nothing there. I'm assuming since we can pull data from NTP servers, the port's gotta be open right? If it's impossible to sync because somewhere along the way a firewall is blocking it's UDP port, that's totally cool, then I'll have an excuse as to why we're gonna have to manually set clocks. But the fact that it pulls information (diagnostics at least, ping, offset, freq, stratum) I feel like we should be able to pull time, we just can't for some reason. If you guys have any idea what I can do please let me know. Thank you

AMDCam, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 3, 2020
  4. NTP client shows incorrect Time on Windows 10

Windows 10 shows incorrect time

Hi,

As you said that on your PC internet clock is showing the right time. So I suggest you to Synchronize with internet clock. Please follow the below steps to fix the issue.

1. At the bottom of the time and date window,

a. Select Change date and time settings.

b. In the Date and Time settings window, click the Internet Time tab

c. Then select Change Settings.

d. In the Internet Time Settings window, make sure that the box for Synchronize with an Internet time server is checked.

e. Now you can now select one of the provided time servers from the drop-down list.

2. Click Update Now to initiate a synchronization. Internet connection and the selected server is online, the synchronization process should just take a few seconds. Once Windows report that “The clock was successfully synchronized.” click OK to close the
    open windows.

Hope it helps, if you have any further queries we will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Krishna Priya V, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

NTP client shows incorrect Time on Windows 10

1. NTP client shows incorrect Time on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - NTP client shows

2. Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients: Hallo zusammen,ich verstehe das Verhalten der Stammabweichung von Windows NTP-Servern nicht ganz.Ich würde gerne ein Netzwerk aus windowsbasierten und nicht windowsbasierten Geräten aufbauen.Dazu möchte ich einen Rechner mit Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 als...
  3. Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients: Hallo zusammen,ich verstehe das Verhalten der Stammabweichung von Windows NTP-Servern nicht ganz.Ich würde gerne ein Netzwerk aus windowsbasierten und nicht windowsbasierten Geräten aufbauen.Dazu möchte ich einen Rechner mit Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 als...
  4. Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. W11 Pro NTP Client Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Pro NTP Client Fails: I just upgraded my GPU from Nvidia to AMD which caused some random crashing, even after using gpu driver removal tool, so I did a clean install of W11 Pro which seems to have fixed it. However the Windows NTP Client is not working now. It did work before."An error occurred...
  6. W11 Pro NTP Client Fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Pro NTP Client Fails: I just upgraded my GPU from Nvidia to AMD which caused some random crashing, even after using gpu driver removal tool, so I did a clean install of W11 Pro which seems to have fixed it. However the Windows NTP Client is not working now. It did work before."An error occurred...
  7. Log NTP client pull requests

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Log NTP client pull requests: Hello, I've setup a windows 10 pro as an NTP server with a raspberry pi as a client. And I want to log the requests that the raspberry pi is making in windows. Is there any way to do it? submitted by /u/Mundane_Bid_7438 [link] [comments]...
  8. Why is NTP client using local UDP port 123 - fails to sync time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is NTP client using local UDP port 123 - fails to sync time: Hello, My Windows 10 installation fails to sync network time. It looks like the windows SNTP client uses UDP port 123 for both source and destination and my ISP is blocking local port 123 in all likelihood. NTP updates work on linux distros and I also tried a tool...
  9. Windows showing incorrect time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows showing incorrect time.: I dont know when exactly it started but my clock both in chrome and on the desktop says its around 7 am. I tried checking my clock location setting and even resetting them to a nearby major city but it didnt help. I am connected to internet of course and the actaul time as of...
  10. yahoo mail showing incorrect time

in Windows 10 Support
    yahoo mail showing incorrect time: Hi I have set my time zone to GMT+5 (as seen in attach image), yahoo mail is showing incorrect time. i sent email at 1:49PM while yahoo mail is showing 12:49AM (as seen in attach image) there is no daylight saving in pakistan thanks in advance 150322