Windows 10: NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.

Discus and support NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have an issue with the profile on my PC. My PC is part of a domain and each time it starts it loads my profile and group policy. A month ago I added... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jillp, Jan 3, 2020.

1. jillp Win User

NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.

I have an issue with the profile on my PC.
    My PC is part of a domain and each time it starts it loads my profile and group policy.
    A month ago I added myself to a group in AD called 'terminal servers' as I was planning on setting up remote access.
    This group is used for our remote workers and is quite limited stopping the users from having administrator rights on the device.
    Unfortunately, instead of my PC keeping the ITadmin profile (I'm still in that group) it now starts with the TS profile.
    I have removed myself from the TS group in AD, but I cannot get my original profile back.
    This has resulted in lots of problems, I can't access my C drive, control panel, run programs etc.
    I can run the CMD prompt and access the C drive, but that isn't helping much.
    I have opened the group policy editor on the DC, but I really don't know what to do from there.

Can someone advise me how I can force the system to reinstall my old profile.
    I have tried things like renaming the profile.v6 on the server that holds user profiles, but when I logged on it was just recreated exactly the same.

I am IT and a domain admin, but the member of staff that used to sort out domain problems left recently and hasn't been replaced so I'm hoping someone here can help.

The DC is win 2012 R2 and my PC is win 10.

:)

jillp, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Kari, Jan 3, 2020
  4. JGENT Win User

Adding new user problems

Yes Done, several times

JGENT, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem. - Similar Threads - NTUSER DAT domain

2. Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.: The environment here consists of a Windows Server 2012 R2 as the domain controller and about forty workstation all running Windows 10. On only a hand full of workstations, we occasionally about once a month experience an issue where all the user profiles get deleted. When the...
  3. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In: Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT...
  4. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  5. User@Domain problem

User@Domain problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password....
  6. How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?: Hi, I have an environment with 10 clients that run Windows 10 Pro and I have a Synology DS918+ that runs as a Domain ControllerSynology Directory Server just as Active Directory. The clients have been joined to the domain and there exists domain users that have and use...
  7. Problem with User Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with User Profile: Hello. So I wanted to reclaim some space on my SSD C:, so I tried Properties>Move on Downloads to D:. This led to my Downloads folder just holding the entire contents of D:. I tried to revert this change by the same process. What followed was Downloads having all the...
  8. Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded: There was a time where the profiles were not "in use" or loaded unless the user was actually logged into the machine, however, I've noticed recently that all profiles are always loaded and their profiles cannot be deleted unless I delete a key in the registry. Example:...
  9. Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded: There was a time where the profiles were not "in use" or loaded unless the user was actually logged into the machine, however, I've noticed recently that all profiles are always loaded and their profiles cannot be deleted unless I delete a key in the registry. Example:...
  10. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntuser.dat profile issue date

2. windowsupdate ntuser.dat default

3. Problems with copying an NTUSER.DAT file into the default profile

4. ntuser