Windows 10: ntuser.dat file keeps on growing to points boot time becomes longer then few hours

Discus and support ntuser.dat file keeps on growing to points boot time becomes longer then few hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; currently larger then 800MB. I had boot time of 3 hours just to type this question... what can I do? I was talking with windows support, they suggested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vinkomiholic, Jun 1, 2019.

1. ntuser.dat file keeps on growing to points boot time becomes longer then few hours

currently larger then 800MB. I had boot time of 3 hours just to type this question... what can I do? I was talking with windows support, they suggested full and offline scan (did that with no threats), after that they told me to create new acc and said it would fix it 100% (fact that it did nothing suggests it did nothing)… I found this reddit post that had fix ("https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/bmh6do/dell_1809_black_screen_after_startup/"). it lowers boot time but file still grows and grows larger and in fast time boot goes back to more then 1 hour time... before all that I had ti reinstall windows more then 10 times in one month (80% of those were clean installations)…. Does anyone know what should i do?

:)

vinkomiholic, Jun 1, 2019

2. WaasMedic file keeps growing

Simple question: Why is my WAASMEDIC file growing every single time I log on to my computer? It started out in the KB realm, but has now reached 5.93 MB. I know this isn't a huge bite of space, but if it keeps growing at this pace, then it will be soon.
    Anyone?

Explorer999, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Leecb Win User
    windows.edb keeps growing to huge file size.

After the first index process it was around 350MB which is good, but a few hours later it was 500MB and then later 750MB. By Sunday evening it was 2.1GB. Again it is still only indexing 21,300 files, so why it keeps growing I don't know.

I don't really want to just turn it off as this does not identify the actual problem / cause.

Do you have any other suggestions / thoughts.

Thanks.

Leecb, Jun 1, 2019
  4. ntuser.dat file keeps on growing to points boot time becomes longer then few hours

Microsoft Solitaire Collection not working even after resetting Windows.

Hi,

As well as the 3 ntuser files listed, there are 5 ntuser.dat(*****).regtrans-ms files and 2 ntuser,dat(*****).blf files.

Do I copy those as well or unselect them like the 3 you listed?

Ed

Fleetchief, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

ntuser.dat file keeps on growing to points boot time becomes longer then few hours

1. ntuser.dat file keeps on growing to points boot time becomes longer then few hours - Similar Threads - ntuser dat file

2. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  3. System Restore Point Keeps Growing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Point Keeps Growing: Hi to all. I posted this question quite a while back and never really got a clear answer as I recall. My SSD is 256GB. It contains the operating system and all of my files. Not even half of the drive is being used. My question is more of interest rather than causing a...
  4. what is the "ntuser" file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is the "ntuser" file?: just wondering what the heck "ntuser" is? I found this when looking through a section in my files. the file is un-openable , and doesn't appear to have any negative affects but I just wanted to know what is or if I need to remove it....
  5. Restore point grows

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore point grows: I created a restore point that was 13.x mb and it has grown to 600.x mb, why???? 158636
  6. Restore point grows

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore point grows: I created a restore point that was 13.x mb and it has grown to 600.x mb, why???? 158636
  7. Surface Book no longer booting - trying to recover a few files

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Book no longer booting - trying to recover a few files: Hello all, Running Windows 10 Home on a Surface Book 2nd generation - my wife's computer. It was occasionally blue screening for her a few months ago, and apparently following one incident, it will no longer boot past the surface logo - it bluescreens immediately with...
  8. 2 Hour Boot time?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 Hour Boot time?: Hi all, for a reason unbeknownst and unidentified by myself and geek squad after a extended period of time using my computer the next time I boot, it takes around two hours from the MOBO screen to where I can login, what could cause this? could it be my ssd? its pretty new (2...
  9. growing file

growing file: I have a file that grows to take up most of the room on my hard drive. when ever I delete or move files to a different drive the file grows to fill the spaces. I searched for the file but it does not show....
  10. WaasMedic file keeps growing

WaasMedic file keeps growing: Simple question: Why is my WAASMEDIC file growing every single time I log on to my computer? It started out in the KB realm, but has now reached 5.93 MB. I know this isn't a huge bite of space, but if it keeps growing at this pace, then it will be soon. Anyone?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 ntuser.dat is GB

2. what causes a ntuser.dat file to grow