Windows 10: NTUSER.DAT.LOG Files Question

Discus and support NTUSER.DAT.LOG Files Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; AFAIC figure out there are two system (usually hidden) files in C:\Documents and Settings LOG1 and LOG2. But I have these two files in C:\Users\USER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sgeneris, Dec 31, 2020.

1. sgeneris Win User

NTUSER.DAT.LOG Files Question

AFAIC figure out there are two system (usually hidden) files in C:\Documents and Settings LOG1 and LOG2.

But I have these two files in C:\Users\USER where USER is my name. I don't have access to Documents and Settings so I can't tell if they are there too. There are some problems with corrupted user names that I could never figure out -- could this be the reasos? If so, how can I fix?

Thanks.

:)

sgeneris, Dec 31, 2020

2. Microsoft Solitaire Collection not working even after resetting Windows.

Hi,

As well as the 3 ntuser files listed, there are 5 ntuser.dat(*****).regtrans-ms files and 2 ntuser,dat(*****).blf files.

Do I copy those as well or unselect them like the 3 you listed?

Ed

Fleetchief, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 31, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

need some help opening a .dat file.....

I don't know if will help, but I noticed in a thread someone (@chefsuccess.com) mentioned, that, you need to use the restore to import the file.

I don't use the software, so, I have no idea on the steps/procedure.

Goodluck*Smile NTUSER.DAT.LOG Files Question :)

EDIT:

Dam* those how-to web sites have everything.

Hope this helps: How to Switch Pampered Chef Files From One Computer to Another

95Viper, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. NTUSER.DAT.LOG Files Question - Similar Threads - NTUSER DAT LOG

2. Changing a DAT file back to jpeg.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing a DAT file back to jpeg.: Hi, I hope I am in the forum for this question. Several yrs. ago I put some jpeg/jpg images on a CD-R disc., I wanted to view them and put them in my pictures folder. When I put the disc in to view the pictures they open in a Power Media Player program and it has all of the...
  3. ROBOCOPY Log File Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    ROBOCOPY Log File Question: Hi Folks, I have been tinkering on and off with the Robocopy command to copy essential documents and files to an SD Card automatically, several times a day (this after my wife's laptop with SSD went belly-up and she lost her most recent work). At the moment, there is a...
  4. Associate .dat files to NotePad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Associate .dat files to NotePad: I am trying to associate a .dat created by one of my software packages with Notepad so that the file that is created can be saved to my computer. When I go to the Associate App page in Settings and click on .dat it gives me a message that no app is downloaded to use for .dat...
  5. Delete a DAT file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a DAT file: Hello, My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message appears "this action can't be taken because the file is open in the system". How can I delete this file? Thanks,...
  6. *.dat file is opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    *.dat file is opening in Notepad: I accidently select the notepad for always use this program to open this type of file, but I want it to change to always ask which app to open it. Please help how to change it to default....
  7. .Dat

.Dat: a pop up window on my lap top screen keeps popping up asking...'how do you want '.Dat' file to open??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dat/c86468b5-08a2-45b3-aa6b-0f576f581b3c"
  8. UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10

UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10: How do I restore UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unins000dat-file-in-windows-10/2b51c8b3-39d4-42d5-906a-481bd9fa0fb4"
  9. Logging In Question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging In Question: After I boot up, I am required to enter a password. How do I NOT do that? Casey 48255
  10. Saving a .dat file to Sd

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a .dat file to Sd: Windows 10. Surface Book. I've downloaded a .dat file to update a camera's firmware. I copy the file to SD. When I take the SD out the file disappears. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. 86097