Windows 10: NTVDM not under legacy. It has direct play??

Discus and support NTVDM not under legacy. It has direct play?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im trying to install a older version of works on OS 10. Tried fix but don't have NTVDM expanded from Legacy. It shows DirectPlay instead. Now what do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by walko8o7, Nov 6, 2018.

1. walko8o7 Win User

NTVDM not under legacy. It has direct play??

Im trying to install a older version of works on OS 10. Tried fix but don't have NTVDM expanded from Legacy. It shows DirectPlay instead. Now what do I do??

:)

walko8o7, Nov 6, 2018

2. How to enable NTVDM on Windows 10.

I am trying to use a 16 bit program but I am currently unable to. in order to run them i need to use NTVDM. I'm trying to turn on NTVDM which used to be listed under legacy components, but it is no longer there when following this method (Windows+r > optionalfeatures.exe
    > Legacy Components > NTVDM). Is there a way to activate this?

anime4james, Nov 6, 2018
  3. How to enable NTVDM on Windows 10.

I've actually already been to that site. The option to activate NTVDM is not listed under the Legacy Components section. The only option under there is "DirectPlay"

anime4james, Nov 6, 2018
  4. MD_HERE Win User

Windows 10 32-bit NTVDM does not work with 16-bit apps. Use legacy console does not stay checked.

Windows 10 32-bit. NTVDM does not work with 16-bit apps. Use legacy console does not stay checked.

I have turned off UAC and running as administrator.

I have turned on legacy applications and NTVDM.

MD_HERE, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. NTVDM not under legacy. It has direct play?? - Similar Threads - NTVDM under legacy

2. Direct Play Can't be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct Play Can't be installed: I tried to enable the Direct Play following the steps that i found on the internet Control Panel Program and Features Turn windows features on or off Under Legacy Components and Enable direct play but it keep sending me error pic every time[ATTACH] my windows version is...
  3. Unable to enable Direct Play

Unable to enable Direct Play: Hello developers, I am not able to enable direct play on my HP Laptop. [ATTACH] I clicked OK but it shows [ATTACH]It says store is corrupted. Then I also used cmd to scan for corrupted files, but [ATTACH] Please help me. I am not using any third-party antivirus...
  4. Direct play/ 0x80071A91 / legacy componenets / GTA san andreas problem mainly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct play/ 0x80071A91 / legacy componenets / GTA san andreas problem mainly...: Today I wanted to go play GTA San Andreas. The game is old but I love it. Run, and then an error that is not installed component DirectPlay. I click "install component". Then gives error 0x80071a91 I tried this step below Open Control Panel - Programs and features On the...
  5. Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10

Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10: I have two scanners, a Canon 400LIDE and a HP 2000. I want to be able to feed the scan output from either directly into GIMP. GIMP fails to see either scanner. See below. Both work well for routine, not GIMP, scanning There seems to be a Window 10 driver problem: no TWAIN...
  6. Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10: I have two scanners, a Canon 400LIDE and a HP 2000. I want to be able to feed the scan output from either directly into GIMP. GIMP fails to see either scanner. See below. Both work well for routine, not GIMP, scanning There seems to be a Window 10 driver problem: no TWAIN...
  7. direct play not working

direct play not working: ne mogu uključiti direkt play verzija windowsa education 1709 ne mogu instalirati direktx 8/9 šta mi je činiti??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-play-not-working/556b3388-1fba-4c84-af5d-885b51c74699
  8. Direct Play missing under Legacy components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Play missing under Legacy components: Hi, i'm trying to play on windows 10 1803 to an old Age Of Empires games that I have on my Steam library. When I try to launch, the OS says that i'm missing some feature and, from what i read online, the problem is that direct play isn't enabled. So i looked into windows...
  9. NTVDM not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    NTVDM not available: Hi, I'm trying to install a legacy game - Railroad Tycoon - on my Windows 10 laptop. Initially I got an "Unsupport 16-bit Application" error. I tried running setup.exe in compatibility mode under Windows 7 and Windows XP SP3. I got the same error. I then found this article on...
  10. Alternative to NTVDM for x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative to NTVDM for x64: I'd like an alternative of NTVDM for 64-bit Windows. Something that actually WORKS LIKE NTVDM, not DOSBox, VPC, XP Mode, etc, but something that will integrate itself into Windows. I can live with NXVM (aka NTVDMx64), but it just refuses to compile at all! Anything I can do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntvdm

2. legacy components ntvdm missing

3. legacy components ntvdm

4. windows 10 ntvdm missing,
  5. ntvdm not in legacy,
  6. ntvdm isnt listed on the legacy,
  7. Legacy component ntvdm,
  8. legacy components missing NTVDM,
  9. ntvdm 16,
  10. install ntvdm legacz componentwindows 10,
  11. how to turn ntvdm on,