Windows 10: NU_A.exe What type of file is this? Also, how to find out what's accessing my HD.

Discus and support NU_A.exe What type of file is this? Also, how to find out what's accessing my HD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First, does anyone know what the NU_A.exe file is? If it's a good file fine, but otherwise. My security software whitelisted it, but when I search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Blurr, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Blurr Win User

NU_A.exe What type of file is this? Also, how to find out what's accessing my HD.

First, does anyone know what the NU_A.exe file is? If it's a good file fine, but otherwise. My security software whitelisted it, but when I search

for it I can't find it anywhere. Just wanted to be sure it's not a malicious file.

Second, my hard drive constantly sounds like it's in use. I'm trying to find out what's accessing it constantly, but have been unable to. I even went back to a restore point two days ago (before it started), but still having the issue. When I first started my computer today, at first I didn't hear anything from the HD so I thought I was good, then a few minutes later the HD started making the "in use" sounds again nonstop.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this. For the record, I'm not a tech expert, but overall okay with the basics.

Windows 10 Pro v1809

:)

Blurr, Oct 16, 2018

2. Ex HD wont show files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I’ll be glad to assist you on this issue. I suggest you to connect the External HD in the Windows Pc to detect if the issue is with Windows. While you connect the HD I suggest you to run Hardware & Device Troubleshooter and
    check.

Method 1: The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Method 2: Go to Disk Management and check if the Drive name is allotted or not. If not, please allot a drive name and check if it appears in the file explorer.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Disk Management.

• Right click on the hard drive>
      Change drive letters and path.

• Add and assign
      the drive letter.

Please try the following methods and check if it helps. Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Oct 16, 2018
  3. can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

NU_A.exe What type of file is this? Also, how to find out what's accessing my HD.

Access Denied - Can't take ownership of an .exe file

Hi Juan,

Conflicts with the file permissions is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to delete the .EXE file. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried booting your computer in
      safe mode
      and check if you will still unable to delete the file?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps in this
    link
    to delete the file.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. NU_A.exe What type of file is this? Also, how to find out what's accessing my HD. - Similar Threads - NU_A exe type

2. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out what wakes up my monitor?: I set my monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and never sleep. Sometimes the monitor will automatically turn on, although nobody have touched the keyboard or mouse.Is there any way to know what caused the monitor to turn on?...
  3. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find out what wakes up my monitor?: I set my monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and never sleep. Sometimes the monitor will automatically turn on, although nobody have touched the keyboard or mouse.Is there any way to know what caused the monitor to turn on?...
  4. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. How to find out what app it's referring to?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out what app it's referring to?...: How to find out what app this is referring to? programfiles\windowsapps\miucrosoft.549981c35f10_4.2204.13303.0_x64\win32bridge.server.exeDid Search no luck. Had to look on line for an answer.it would been great it these notices would give you and idea what it belongs to. that...
  6. How to find out what app it's referring to?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find out what app it's referring to?...: How to find out what app this is referring to? programfiles\windowsapps\miucrosoft.549981c35f10_4.2204.13303.0_x64\win32bridge.server.exeDid Search no luck. Had to look on line for an answer.it would been great it these notices would give you and idea what it belongs to. that...
  7. How to find out what app it's referring to?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. What is " tg_1.4.45.38.exe " file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is " tg_1.4.45.38.exe " file?: Hi. When connecting to the Internet This file in the section Processes with Network Activity Runs. Do this file to programs Malware related? Thank you for your attention and response. and Thanks to Windows Answers team....
  9. How to find out what caused BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to find out what caused BSOD?: I got a BSOD with the message "WHEA uncorrectable error" and nothing else specified Then it booted into BIOS repeatedly until I turned off the PC and turned on back again Is there a way to check now what caused this? Thanks 174997
  10. How to find out what caused BSOD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find out what caused BSOD?: I got a BSOD with the message "WHEA uncorrectable error" and nothing else specified Then it booted into BIOS repeatedly until I turned off the PC and turned on back again Is there a way to check now what caused this? Thanks 174997