Windows 10: nuisance concerning D drive.

Discus and support nuisance concerning D drive. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow my windows 10, declares that I do not administrative permissions concerning C:/windows/system32/restore/machineguid.txt. this message just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ed Roberts_200, May 5, 2019.

1. nuisance concerning D drive.

Somehow my windows 10, declares that I do not administrative permissions concerning C:/windows/system32/restore/machineguid.txt. this message just

keeps on popping up every few seconds and states you do not have permission see owner of file or see administrator to gain permission , I am the administrator its my computer how do I know

what was placed on notepad/.

:)

Ed Roberts_200, May 5, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, May 5, 2019
  3. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 5, 2019
  4. nuisance concerning D drive.

"D" drive is full on HP B&O with Win 10

Hello,

Based on the information you've provided, we understand that you're unable to access D: drive on your computer and would like to delete some files. For us to assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which D: drive are you referring to, internal or external drive?
    • What happens when you try to open D: drive, do you get any error message/error code?
    • If yes, would you please mention the error message/error code in the response post?
    • By the way, when did you start noticing this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking if you are able to open the drive through Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management option.

• Right click on the drive which is inaccessible and select Open option.

• Check if the changes are effective.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, May 5, 2019
Thema:

nuisance concerning D drive.

1. nuisance concerning D drive. - Similar Threads - nuisance concerning drive

2. Cortana is a recurring nuisance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana is a recurring nuisance: cortana insists she isnt available in my region, yet she pops up every five seconds. i cant find the settings to get rid of her. No cortana settings tab every fix i find includes a mention of the cortana tab, so i changed my region and language so it would be available, but...
  3. drive d

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive d: i tried to move space from drive d to drive c . i followed instructions and went to disk manager , said to delete drive d by right clicking and delete than go to drive c right and rifge ckick abd click extend but extend was grayed out how do i get drive back...
  4. NUISANCE POP-UP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    NUISANCE POP-UP: HOW DO I GET RID OF YOUR POP-UP "NEVER TO LATE FOR FILM - GET FAST PLAYER" - DON'T WANT IT! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nuisance-pop-up/7e1901d8-653c-483c-b2b0-2ede4d07edc6
  5. Notepad nuisance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad nuisance: I was wondering if there is a way around this. I like to use Notepad for simple notemaking. But then sometimes I accidentaly open a second instance of Notepad and I get a second window open (so I have two windows open in parallel of the same file) and I keep editing one and...
  6. D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive: reported to be empty chk DISK SHOWS FILES i can not see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/b42aebc6-8e6c-47ee-8459-c1cc832dfc22
  7. portable hard drive concern

portable hard drive concern: Hi, I've got a number of portable hard drives but they are often not really portable, I only use them home but from time to time, especially for the Seagate one, where it didn't come with rubber pads at the bottom, from time to time, I could accidentally move it a little bit...
  8. D Drive

D Drive: D Drive missing with last Microsoft Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/45fad700-9b13-4618-9bec-f529c0d8f8ea
  9. Microsoft nuisance Push

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft nuisance Push: Twice now I've had my laptop (less than a year old) down and unable to use due to Microsoft push. First time was an update which ironically was meant to 'make it easier to use'. Couldn't open the system at all and took a few days and a download from a technician to a friend's...
  10. Nuisance desktop.ini file

in Windows 10 Support
    Nuisance desktop.ini file: This is no big deal but more of a nuisance. Windows has created two desktop.ini files. That is ok except that one floats back to the main group of icons whenever I reboot instead of staying where I moved it. Is there any way of getting it to stick in one spot? These are the...