Windows 10: Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup

Discus and support Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I start Windows 10 home I get the message (twice): Program "uninstall 18.212.1021.0008" wants to start automatically when windows starts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stanhilliard, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup

Every time I start Windows 10 home I get the message (twice):

Program "uninstall 18.212.1021.0008" wants to start automatically when windows starts. do you want to allow this?
    <snip>
    Registry key:
    SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current\Version\RunOnce

I always answer [yes] , I want YES to be permanent.

In OneDrive settings, the following is set:
    [ ] Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.
    Why does it ask me every time I start Windows? How can I make my answer permanent?

:)

stanhilliard, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup

1. Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup - Similar Threads - Nuisance OneDrive message

2. The table version for LOG_SENT_FAX differs - Pop-up message a persistent nuisance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The table version for LOG_SENT_FAX differs - Pop-up message a persistent nuisance: The error message 'The table version for LOG_SENT_FAX differs' has appeared on my screen at startup. It has done this before, forcing me to reinstall Windows from scratch because it is impossible to remove.Someone had this problem once before, and at this site a solution was...
  3. The table version for LOG_SENT_FAX differs - Pop-up message a persistent nuisance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The table version for LOG_SENT_FAX differs - Pop-up message a persistent nuisance: The message 'The table version for LOG_SENT_FAX differs' has appeared on my screen at startup. It has done this before, forcing me to reinstall Windows from scratch because it is impossible to remove.Someone had this problem once before, and at this site a solution was...
  4. Error message at Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message at Windows Startup: Any clues what this message means and how to solve it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-at-windows-startup/c9f5e0bf-43ff-4520-9dc9-348ce15612ad
  5. Cortana is a recurring nuisance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana is a recurring nuisance: cortana insists she isnt available in my region, yet she pops up every five seconds. i cant find the settings to get rid of her. No cortana settings tab every fix i find includes a mention of the cortana tab, so i changed my region and language so it would be available, but...
  6. Notepad nuisance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad nuisance: I was wondering if there is a way around this. I like to use Notepad for simple notemaking. But then sometimes I accidentaly open a second instance of Notepad and I get a second window open (so I have two windows open in parallel of the same file) and I keep editing one and...
  7. startup message

startup message: When starting windows I get the following message, C:\\Windows\Systems32\Log:DLA.dll not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-message/ae6b8647-141b-4dc2-b2e9-5a55c26ad0a8
  8. New Nuisance...in Edge Windows 10

New Nuisance...in Edge Windows 10: In Edge, what is the little circle with 2 arrows inside, 1 up and 1 down, with a dot in the middle? It stops my mouse from working right and only resumes when I attach the pointer to the circle with dots again. It's VERY annoying...
  9. POP-UP MESSAGES/ADS/NUISANCE FROM MCAFEE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    POP-UP MESSAGES/ADS/NUISANCE FROM MCAFEE: I have recently emailed Microsoft regarding pop-up messages (thinking that it is Microsoft's problem and not mine that the above subject is still happening each and every time that I go onto my computer). The ads were small but are now blocking at least a quarter of my...
  10. Nuisance desktop.ini file

in Windows 10 Support
    Nuisance desktop.ini file: This is no big deal but more of a nuisance. Windows has created two desktop.ini files. That is ok except that one floats back to the main group of icons whenever I reboot instead of staying where I moved it. Is there any way of getting it to stick in one spot? These are the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runonce onedrive uninstall 18.212