Windows 10: Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup

Discus and support Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I start Windows 10 home I get the message (twice): Program "uninstall 18.212.1021.0008" wants to start automatically when windows starts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stanhilliard, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup

Every time I start Windows 10 home I get the message (twice):

Program "uninstall 18.212.1021.0008" wants to start automatically when windows starts. do you want to allow this?
    <snip>
    Registry key:
    SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current\Version\RunOnce

I always answer [yes] , I want YES to be permanent.

In OneDrive settings, the following is set:
    [ ] Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.
    Why does it ask me every time I start Windows? How can I make my answer permanent?

:)

stanhilliard, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup

1. Nuisance OneDrive message at Windows startup - Similar Threads - Nuisance OneDrive message

2. OneDrive isn't signed in - continuous message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive isn't signed in - continuous message: Yesterday my system suddenly hung - no idea of cause. After the reboot I got a message flashing in bottom rh corner 'Onedrive isn't signed in'. It stays for 8 seconds, disappears and returns immediately. The Tray icon shows a red icon. If I right click that it invites me to...
  3. Microsoft nuisance Push

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft nuisance Push: Twice now I've had my laptop (less than a year old) down and unable to use due to Microsoft push. First time was an update which ironically was meant to 'make it easier to use'. Couldn't open the system at all and took a few days and a download from a technician to a friend's...
  4. Exception caught message on startup Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exception caught message on startup Windows 10: I am getting a message on startup on Windows 10: "Exception caught There was an unhandled exception during this operation was are sorry for any inconvenience" Do any risks exist? Ids there a simple fix?...
  5. OneDrive sync false error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync false error message: I resinstalled my Windwos 10 pro, on my computer. In previous installation OneDrive has offline storage on this computer with some folder excepted form sync. After I setup OneDrive option to sync. the offline storage with online version, and set excepted folders from sync....
  6. OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message: Hey , Check this link - Ask before delete files from OneDrive folder. YES! That's it. Thank you so much. I did a lot of googling, but clearly wasn't googling the right phrases.
  7. OneDrive keeps crashing, no error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps crashing, no error message: Hello, I'm having trouble with OneDrive, seeing as it launches and ends up crashing after a few seconds, giving me no chance to unlink it or sync my data. I should mention that I have it installed on a permanently inserted SD card seeing as my C:\ is short on space. Don't...
  8. Unusual Message at Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Message at Startup: Since creators update was installed a couple of days ago, I've been seeing this message on the screen during boot up, "Scanning and repairing drive , (followed by a bunch of things in parentheses), then ending with 100%" Then the machine finishes booting up. This happens all...
  9. OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up: When I start the computer I get a Nag Message from OneDriveto Set Up OneDrive. I want to disable this nag message because I"m not sure I want to use OneDrive right now. How do I stop this message from appearing everytime I start the computer? Please excuse me if I posted...
  10. Nuisance desktop.ini file

in Windows 10 Support
    Nuisance desktop.ini file: This is no big deal but more of a nuisance. Windows has created two desktop.ini files. That is ok except that one floats back to the main group of icons whenever I reboot instead of staying where I moved it. Is there any way of getting it to stick in one spot? These are the...