Windows 10: Nuking hard drive willI be able to use same windows key to reinstall windows.

Discus and support Nuking hard drive willI be able to use same windows key to reinstall windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Fast question. Will be nuking hard drive with DBAN. Will I be able to use my same windows 10 key to activate and install windows 10 afterwards?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BobXVI, Jul 12, 2019.

1. BobXVI Win User

Nuking hard drive willI be able to use same windows key to reinstall windows.

Fast question.

Will be nuking hard drive with DBAN.

Will I be able to use my same windows 10 key to activate and install windows 10 afterwards?

:)

BobXVI, Jul 12, 2019
  2. trickson Win User

Nuked Windows and reinstalled it.

After much mental anguish and arguing with myself about this, I decided to nuke my HDD's and reinstall windows. It all started after installing the extra 4GB's of RAM, Random BSOD and windows freezing at boot up or locking up. Now after doing this fresh windows install so far nothing at all has happened, Well not nothing, I have seen and increase in performance. Yes Geek bench now went up too. The computer has not BSOD or froze or locked up at all. Steam now works fine, No longer giving me errors or locking up. Getting a better score in geekbench ( Though I would LOVE to test the 64bit side). Going to do some more testing later. But doing a clean install I have seen my computer more stable and faster, I guess some times it is good to nuke windows , Especially when adding more RAM.

old geekbench

New test in pic.

trickson, Jul 12, 2019
  3. trickson Win User
    Nuked Windows and reinstalled it.

Yep. In fact I first deleted the raid array rebuilt it then reinstalled windows.
    I use cleaning tools and defraged and every thing. After installing 4 more GB's of RAM taking up all 4 slots on my MB the system was strange. At times it would freeze up when starting computer, lock up when starting or just plain give me a BSOD when starting. Now I have not seen this, No problems with speed or games hanging. I personally think Windows did not like me just adding all that RAM with out telling it. I have a feel of renewed speed and snappiness I have not seen before now. It went from sluggish to full blow race car!

trickson, Jul 12, 2019
  4. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Nuking hard drive willI be able to use same windows key to reinstall windows. - Similar Threads - Nuking hard drive

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key: I have on computer a Windows 10 Pro version 1607. I want to update it to 21h2. Since I cannot update it to latest version via Windows Update, I have to reinstall the operating system. The current Windows 10 was installed through an upgrade from Windows 7, it's activated, but...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key: I have on computer a Windows 10 Pro version 1607. I want to update it to 21h2. Since I cannot update it to latest version via Windows Update, I have to reinstall the operating system. The current Windows 10 was installed through an upgrade from Windows 7, it's activated, but...
  4. Can I use my genuine windows 10 with the same key in a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use my genuine windows 10 with the same key in a new hard drive?: I want to upgrade from HDD to SSD. I am using an original pre-installed windows 10 laptop. I am going to reinstall windows 10 in SSD after upgrading. What I have to do if I need to use an activated windows 10 in my new SSD? Will it automatically detects if I reinstall windows...
  5. Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or...

Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or...: Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or upgrade from. How do you call customer support??? Ridiculous Microsoft is a massive company, but you can't call anyone and talk live??? Online support can't help this issue....
  6. Wiping hard drive and reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wiping hard drive and reinstalling windows: I am currently dealing with a black screen due to and update failure, nothing can fix it tired everything, next step is wipping the hard drive and reinstalling windows using another pc, is there a way I can save my activation on my windows and add it back to the hard drive...
  7. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  8. can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?: so my computer got stuck in the mode where everything is deleted and you have to reinstall windows, and this product key was used on this computer to install windows originally, can i use it again? submitted by /u/Africa1By1Toto [link] [comments]...
  9. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?: Hi! I want to upgrade from a mechanical hdd to an nvme and install windows on that one. this hard drive will be formatted. can i use my product key on that drive given that the current one will not contain it anymore?...
  10. Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key.

Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key.: Hi, I currently have a Lenovo laptop which has an HDD(which is perfectly fine) with windows installed in it (was 8.1 then upgraded to windows 10). I want to replace the HDD with an SSD. I don't really care about the data and programs installed in it but i do want windows to...