Windows 10: Nuking hard drive willI be able to use same windows key to reinstall windows.

Discus and support Nuking hard drive willI be able to use same windows key to reinstall windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Fast question. Will be nuking hard drive with DBAN. Will I be able to use my same windows 10 key to activate and install windows 10 afterwards?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BobXVI, Jul 12, 2019.

1. BobXVI Win User

Nuking hard drive willI be able to use same windows key to reinstall windows.

Fast question.

Will be nuking hard drive with DBAN.

Will I be able to use my same windows 10 key to activate and install windows 10 afterwards?

:)

BobXVI, Jul 12, 2019
  2. trickson Win User

Nuked Windows and reinstalled it.

After much mental anguish and arguing with myself about this, I decided to nuke my HDD's and reinstall windows. It all started after installing the extra 4GB's of RAM, Random BSOD and windows freezing at boot up or locking up. Now after doing this fresh windows install so far nothing at all has happened, Well not nothing, I have seen and increase in performance. Yes Geek bench now went up too. The computer has not BSOD or froze or locked up at all. Steam now works fine, No longer giving me errors or locking up. Getting a better score in geekbench ( Though I would LOVE to test the 64bit side). Going to do some more testing later. But doing a clean install I have seen my computer more stable and faster, I guess some times it is good to nuke windows , Especially when adding more RAM.

old geekbench

New test in pic.

trickson, Jul 12, 2019
  3. trickson Win User
    Nuked Windows and reinstalled it.

Yep. In fact I first deleted the raid array rebuilt it then reinstalled windows.
    I use cleaning tools and defraged and every thing. After installing 4 more GB's of RAM taking up all 4 slots on my MB the system was strange. At times it would freeze up when starting computer, lock up when starting or just plain give me a BSOD when starting. Now I have not seen this, No problems with speed or games hanging. I personally think Windows did not like me just adding all that RAM with out telling it. I have a feel of renewed speed and snappiness I have not seen before now. It went from sluggish to full blow race car!

trickson, Jul 12, 2019
  4. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Nuking hard drive willI be able to use same windows key to reinstall windows. - Similar Threads - Nuking hard drive

2. Using my Windows 10 product key on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using my Windows 10 product key on a new hard drive: I have a PC that was originally upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. I have the original Windows 8 product key and since I was too late in up grading to windows 10, I had to BUY a copy of Windows 10 which I did thru Microsoft. Recently, my hard drive died and I had to...
  3. Reinstallation of genuine window in another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstallation of genuine window in another hard drive: I have genuine windows 8 in my laptop which is later upgraded to windows 10. Now i want to install new ssd drive in my hp notebook. How can i install my genuine windows to new ssd....
  4. swapping primary hard drive and reinstalling windows

swapping primary hard drive and reinstalling windows: I want to buy an SSD, install it my computer as the primary drive and move my current hard drive to secondary, to use it for a data drive. This should be simple but I want to make sure. I assume I reinstall my Windows 10 on the new drive, using the same key I own. Then...
  5. Not able to access external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to access external hard drive: Hello all. I have just read a post but it does not reach my situation, quite. I have an ASUS notebook and an ASUS laptop and a couple of external hard drives which I needed to add storage space to help with Windows updates, on the notebook because it's got very limited...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive in the same computer by means of "Media Creation...

Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive in the same computer by means of "Media Creation...: Because my C Drive is giving problems I want to install a new Hard Drive (as C drive). What is the easiest way to reinstall my Windows 10?...
  7. Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key.

Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key.: Hi, I currently have a Lenovo laptop which has an HDD(which is perfectly fine) with windows installed in it (was 8.1 then upgraded to windows 10). I want to replace the HDD with an SSD. I don't really care about the data and programs installed in it but i do want windows to...
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 on same (C) drive

Reinstalling windows 10 on same (C) drive: hello, i have 1 tb harddisk with C,D,E drives..my OS is on C drive ,, i have created back up of all drives in external..i am reinstaling OS on C drive where i had previously win10 15014insider preivew.. i am getting rid of insider preview and get back to current branch...
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive

Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hi My first post so I hope I am in the right place. The Hdd that contains my windows !0 is playing up. I have a spare Hdd on my computer, is it possible to reinstall to the other drive. My current Win 10 was a free upgrade from Win 7. 58866
  10. Problems using two win10 hard drives on same computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems using two win10 hard drives on same computer: My computer is running slowly; taking about 2 minutes to start up, often running slowly when typing.... I put an older image on a second hard drive, and it runs fine. However, Word documents, emails, Firefox , etc. do not have current data. I wanted to copy current info...