Windows 10: null process as System Service AarSvc

Discus and support null process as System Service AarSvc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I'm facing an issue. Every time I boot my PC, after a couple of seconds, system starts a "null" process unnamed service host.I tried to check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by active.spideyCmd.UserName, May 13, 2022.

1. null process as System Service AarSvc

Hello! I'm facing an issue. Every time I boot my PC, after a couple of seconds, system starts a "null" process unnamed service host.I tried to check the Task Manager and I see that runs "AarSvc" service. After a second, the unnamed process disappear. Is this a Bitcoin miner, malware or part of the system?

:)

active.spideyCmd.UserName, May 13, 2022

2. How does one run a "Null service"? (missing /dev/null)

I have a problem with Git version control for windows called "Git for Windows". Whenever the git executable is run, it throws the following error:

fatal: open /dev/null or dup failed: No such file or directory

Also tried the following:

>echo hello > nul

The system cannot find the file specified.

Firstly, /dev/null sounds like a Unix/Linux term. What is /dev/null in case of Windows? Secondly, it worked before, so an Windows Update might have broken it.

A user who had a similar problem fixed it by: "The problem was that the Null service was not running on my machine and had to edit the registry to get it working properly again..."

Here is what I have under key:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices\Nul

\Device\Null

What specifically has to be changed in the registry? Is the Null service in Services?

YanisLukes, May 13, 2022
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 13, 2022
  4. Josef Bri Win User

null process as System Service AarSvc

Process called "System" using 10+ % of my CPU please help !

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know.

ntoskrnl.exe is an operating system kernel. It is a fundamental part of the system. However, there are parts of it that might be hogging usage on your system.

What we suggest is disabling a few system services running on the background. Follow the steps below:

• Press Window key + R and type in services.msc
    • The services window will popup. Now a few service task will appear, locate
      Superfetch
      service, double-click on it and select Properties.
    • Once the Properties window comes up, under the General tab, find the section that says,
      Service status. There should be a Stop button. Click on it.
    • Close all windows Services,
    • Restart the PC.

Do check your Task Manager if the same system (ntoskrnl.exe) process appears again.

Looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, May 13, 2022
Thema:

null process as System Service AarSvc

1. null process as System Service AarSvc - Similar Threads - null process System

2. Null Service Host by svchost.exe in sys32 malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Null Service Host by svchost.exe in sys32 malware: I've downloaded some sketchy programs in the last week for a game and i knew what risks i was taking before im not that bad in computer diagnostics but this is just way over my head. I've experienced many random lagspikes while playing games that should run perfectly fine on...
  3. Null

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Null: NullNullNullNullNullNullNullNullNull https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/null/93a46ca9-7b66-472c-ae29-42f06a443709
  4. null process as System Service AarSvc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    null process as System Service AarSvc: Hello! I'm facing an issue. Every time I boot my PC, after a couple of seconds, system starts a "null" process unnamed service host.I tried to check the Task Manager and I see that runs "AarSvc" service. After a second, the unnamed process disappear. Is this a Bitcoin miner,...
  5. null process as System Service AarSvc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    null process as System Service AarSvc: Hello! I'm facing an issue. Every time I boot my PC, after a couple of seconds, system starts a "null" process unnamed service host.I tried to check the Task Manager and I see that runs "AarSvc" service. After a second, the unnamed process disappear. Is this a Bitcoin miner,...
  6. null process as System Service AarSvc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. null process taking up 40% of memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    null process taking up 40% of memory: Hi everybodySo i was using my computer and i noticed high ram usage and when i checked in taskmgr it was a process with no name and when i clicked properties it claimed to be svchost.exe. When i end it, it comes back 10 minutes later. Anyone know the solution to this? is it...
  8. null process taking up 40% of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    null process taking up 40% of memory: Hi everybodySo i was using my computer and i noticed high ram usage and when i checked in taskmgr it was a process with no name and when i clicked properties it claimed to be svchost.exe. When i end it, it comes back 10 minutes later. Anyone know the solution to this? is it...
  9. null

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    null: after I rebooted my computer, a file without an extention came up. It was called null. Any idea of what this meant? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/null/a719fb29-1b8f-4ad3-b6b6-bc6c932ee468
  10. "System Information" is null !!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "System Information" is null !!: Hello ! When I opened the "System Information" here after SI from SI in "Windows Administration Tools", I found its contents are all null !! Its dialogue box is appeared but all items are blank. Do you have any idea ? I simply guess the information are existing...