Windows 10: Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....??

Discus and support Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all,I'm using a Logitech K470 keyboard & mouse combo German edition and found a funny quirk where every time I press the '-' key on the number pad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronBrook, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....??

Hi all,I'm using a Logitech K470 keyboard & mouse combo German edition and found a funny quirk where every time I press the '-' key on the number pad Windows locks itself.... weird right!? I've tried using PowerToys to remap the key to no avail, and searched all over but can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue.Has anyone experienced something like this? Or have an idea of what to do? I'd rather like to use this key as part of my number pad....Many thanks!

:)

AaronBrook, Sep 5, 2021

2. Num Lock won't work for 10-key

Hello Alana,

We understand your concern in this regard.

• You mean to say, Num Lock key won't work or Numeric keypad won't work?
    • Did you try connecting external keyboard?
    • Is that onscreen keyboard shows the same behavior?
    • When you press Num Lock key, will the Num Lock light key glows on the keyboard?
    Let us know these things to analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 5, 2021
  3. passegua Win User
    numeric keypad num lock visual feedback

Hi Harshavardhan Rathod and thanks for answering me.

I do not need a feedback on a key stroke.

I do need a feedback on the status of a numeric keypad.

I need to know if that numeric keypad is toggled as cursor arrows or as number input.

If you write:

"there may be no option to visualize the Num Lock on the screen."

Should I still hope that "maybe" there is?

"maybe" somewhere else?

Regards.

passegua, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Bill Duda Win User

Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....??

Remove num lock icon windows 10 Lenovo B590.

Num lock icon used to fade after a few seconds. Currently must stroke num lock to use numerical keypad. Num lock icon stays on until key is stroked again. Tried many on-line and forum suggestions, short of installing hotkey driver.

Bill Duda, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....??

1. Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....?? - Similar Threads - Num keypad key

2. Num lock key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num lock key not working: Num lock key is not working. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-key-not-working/b1ea4f8f-bd31-45d8-bd13-408f6c6b9945
  3. Num lock key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num lock key not working: Num lock key is not working. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-key-not-working/b1ea4f8f-bd31-45d8-bd13-408f6c6b9945
  4. Num lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock: bios numlock is on, registry in default user is set to 2 as well as specific users, as they look date formatted i dont think it matters, but they were all 0 so i changed them all num lock turns off every time i log in. why doesn't microsoft listen to the bios setting, or...
  5. Keyboard Settings for Num Lock Key

Keyboard Settings for Num Lock Key: My Num-Lock key resets to "Off" when the computer is "Shut Down". . My password requires an ASCII character, and having the Num-Lock off while trying to enter the Windows password is a problem. It takes a few unsuccessful attempts before I remember the Num-Lock is off. ....
  6. Num Lock and keypad not working Windows 10 Pro after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Num Lock and keypad not working Windows 10 Pro after latest update: Latest update installed recently. Using Logitech K520 keyboard. Keypad quit working. Num Lock shows on or off when keyed. What do I do to fix it?...
  7. Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad

Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad: I'm using Windows 10 and a Logitech wireless keyboard. For some reason when I turn on Num Lock it turns off the forward slash key on the numeric keypad though the * - and . keys still work. It's annoying if I'm trying to type a calculation into a calculator or spreadsheet so...
  8. Num lock key

Num lock key: Yesterday I turned off my pc and started it again a few minutes later, and now my num lock key is off upon opening. How do I change the default to be "on" ?...
  9. enable num lock key not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    enable num lock key not working.: This is my second Win 10 laptop and am having a problem with the enable num lock fix. It worked like a charm on my first laptop so am not sure why It's not working this time. I tried removing it and enabling three times but for some reason, it's not working. Any...
  10. Num Lock key on at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Num Lock key on at boot: For some reason, my num lock is off by default. I looked up the solutions, and the ones I found said to turn it on at the login screen, then reboot. It remained on for the next boot, but after that, it was off again. So I tried changing the registry key under...