Windows 10: Num Lock black icon on screen

Discus and support Num Lock black icon on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Lenovo B590 running Windows10 - i can not remove the black Num Lock icon on my screen, any suggestions? /Frank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frank RoswalldAndersen, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Num Lock black icon on screen

Lenovo B590 running Windows10 - i can not remove the black Num Lock icon on my screen, any suggestions? /Frank

:)

Frank RoswalldAndersen, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Bill Duda Win User

Remove num lock icon windows 10 Lenovo B590.

I tried going in through your keyboard suggestion. By adjusting some on/off options there, I made sounds for NUM lock and CAPS lock. No more icon for either onscreen. But, the two tones/beeps that sound when engaging or disengaging the two lock keys is
    good enough for me!! No more NUM lock icon frozen on my screen. Thank you.

Bill Duda, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Bill Duda Win User
    Remove num lock icon windows 10 Lenovo B590.

Num lock icon used to fade after a few seconds. Currently must stroke num lock to use numerical keypad. Num lock icon stays on until key is stroked again. Tried many on-line and forum suggestions, short of installing hotkey driver.

Bill Duda, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Num Lock black icon on screen

Num Lock issue on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Num Lock on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

You may plug in an external keyboard to the PC to check if the Num Lock issue reoccurs. You may also want to use the on-screen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Num Lock black icon on screen

1. Num Lock black icon on screen - Similar Threads - Num Lock black

2. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  3. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  4. the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen: the indicator of the numlock is not displaying in the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-indicator-of-the-num-lock-is-not-displaying-in/b414d677-1f29-43af-ab39-c788475cfb9c
  5. Num lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock: bios numlock is on, registry in default user is set to 2 as well as specific users, as they look date formatted i dont think it matters, but they were all 0 so i changed them all num lock turns off every time i log in. why doesn't microsoft listen to the bios setting, or...
  6. num lock

num lock: My num lock and the number keys on the far right of the keyboard do not work while on the internet. They work normally if not. I can not use the keys to include them in an email. Need some help. By the way the number keys on the top of the keyboard work in both formats....
  7. Num Lock

Num Lock: Why can't WINDOWS include a setting so that non-gamers can choose to have Num Lock permanently ON unless the keyboard key is depressed. I've tried several 'fixes' but none work and Num Lock comes up OFF every start-up and sometimes goes off randomly during normal use. My PC...
  8. Num Lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Num Lock: When I restart my computer the num lock is disabled. How do I keep it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_8/num-lock/e59ee399-5c71-4de8-8f07-44744b9ee600
  9. Num lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num lock: How do I get NUM LOCK OFF recognized for numbers to print? Characters will not register. 61221
  10. Num Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Num Lock: When I had Windows 7 installed on this same computer there was a place to set Num Lock to be on when computer boots up. I cannot find the setting for this on Windows 10. Simple problem, hope simple answer. Thanks 77349