Windows 10: Num lock keeps turning off

Discus and support Num lock keeps turning off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Num Lock keeps turning off every time I turn PC on from Lock/Sleep/Hibernate/Restart/Start. This is really annoying. I've looked everywhere with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sufyan Nisar, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Num lock keeps turning off

My Num Lock keeps turning off every time I turn PC on from Lock/Sleep/Hibernate/Restart/Start.

This is really annoying. I've looked everywhere with no success.

I have Acer Predator 15.

:)

Sufyan Nisar, Oct 23, 2018

2. Num lock keeps turning off

Hi,

Was the Num Lock option working fine before? Aside from your observation that it turns off whenever you open Excel, were there any updates performed, or any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

In the meantime, let's check out if the mouse keys are turned off and see if this address the problem. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Start key, select Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, then Mouse.
    • Toggle Off Mouse keys.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Num lock keeps turning off

My num lock keeps turning off in the middle of a session without restarting. I tried changing the keyboard default to 2 in the registry but those fixes are all for computers that turn it off on startup.

Seems like it may be happening whenever I open excel.

How do I stop this? Or is there a way to force num lock 100% of the time? I only ever use the computer with num lock and don't need to toggle.

chilipeppers314, Oct 23, 2018
  4. bm26 Win User

Num lock keeps turning off

How to keep Num Lock ON in Windows 10

How to keep Num Lock ON in Windows 10 can any one give me steps so that each time I do not have to press Num Lock on

Thema:

Num lock keeps turning off

1. Num lock keeps turning off - Similar Threads - Num lock keeps

2. Num lock keeps turning off: Solution by Amit K Verma

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num lock keeps turning off: Solution by Amit K Verma: 1. Press Windows Key + R key. Run window opens.2. Type regedit.exe in the open box and click Ok. Registry Editor window opens.3. Navigate to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.4. You'll see an entry on the right called InitialKeyboardIndicators. The "usual" default...
  3. Num lock keeps turning off: Solution by Amit K Verma

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num lock keeps turning off: Solution by Amit K Verma: 1. Press Windows Key + R key. Run window opens.2. Type regedit.exe in the open box and click Ok. Registry Editor window opens.3. Navigate to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.4. You'll see an entry on the right called InitialKeyboardIndicators. The "usual" default...
  4. How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock: I can not find where in the setting to turn off this notifcation. everytime i hit caps lock it alt tabs my games and it really annoying. Please help...
  5. How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock: I can not find where in the setting to turn off this notifcation. everytime i hit caps lock it alt tabs my games and it really annoying. Please help...
  6. Num Lock randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num Lock randomly turns itself off: This happens multiple times a day where I will go to use the Num Pad and find that Num Lock has turned itself off. I have to turn it back on almost every time, even though I never turn it off. Why does this happen?...
  7. How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?: When I toggle caps lock and num lock there is a notification on my screen. How do I turn this off? This doesn't work because I don't have a "Screen configurations" tab (maybe because I am using multiple monitors?). Thanks! submitted by /u/wafflewrestler [link] [comments]...
  8. Turn Num Lock permanently on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Num Lock permanently on: When I'm typing, I make heavy use of the number pad, and very often use the / key. Because of this, I frequently hit the Num Lock key by mistake, and then find myself in an unfamiliar part of the document because I hit Pg Down or Pg Up when trying to type in a number. Is...
  9. Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad: I'm using Windows 10 and a Logitech wireless keyboard. For some reason when I turn on Num Lock it turns off the forward slash key on the numeric keypad though the * - and . keys still work. It's annoying if I'm trying to type a calculation into a calculator or spreadsheet so...
  10. Turning off Scroll Lock / Num Lock flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off Scroll Lock / Num Lock flashing: Apparently Windows 10, and I don't know for how long before that, has had a feature that when you change Scroll Lock / Num Lock key settings there is a notification that flashes on the screen. I have never used these keys and so have never noticed this annoyance before....