Windows 10: num lock permanently on

Discus and support num lock permanently on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like Num Lock to be permanently ON. Even when I accidently hit the Num Lock key I would like it to stay on. Is there a way to enable this? ie.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidddddZZ, Apr 4, 2020.

1. num lock permanently on

I would like Num Lock to be permanently ON. Even when I accidently hit the Num Lock key I would like it to stay on.

Is there a way to enable this? ie. I don't want the Num Lock key do anything at all. I want to ALWAYS use the number pad for numbers. Never for arrows etc.

:)

DavidddddZZ, Apr 4, 2020

2. Turn Num Lock permanently on

Just to be clear, this will turn Num Lock on permanently, but disable the key so that it will no longer be possible to toggle it off, correct?

Michael Pope (michael.pope), Apr 4, 2020
  3. Turn Num Lock permanently on

Hi! Michael

I'm Marvin an Independent Advisor, and I will help you with your issue.

Method 1:

You can turn on or turn off Num Lock in the Basic Input Output System (BIOS). You may have to contact the computer manufacturer to see if it is enabled or not.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Method 2:

Important: These steps tell you how to modify the registry values. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you
    modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow these steps to the backup registry.

1. Press “Windows key + R” from the keyboard.

2. Type “regedit” without quotes and hit enter.

3. Click on the “drop-down arrow next to “Computer” (to make sure you see only the “Computer” option is listed there).

4. Right-click on the “Computer” option.

5. Select the “Export” option and save the file on any external memory devices.

Follow these steps to enable the “Num lock” option on boot.

1. Press “Windows key + R” from the keyboard.

2. Type “regedit” without quotes and hit enter.

3. Navigate to “HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard”.

4. Change the value for “InitialKeyboardIndicators” from 0 to 2.

5. Restart the computer and then check how it works.

If you still having problems with this, I will be around to help you.

Regards.

Source
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

MarvinStewart1, Apr 4, 2020
  4. num lock permanently on

Turn Num Lock permanently on

When I'm typing, I make heavy use of the number pad, and very often use the / key. Because of this, I frequently hit the Num Lock key by mistake, and then find myself in an unfamiliar part of the document because I hit Pg Down or Pg Up when trying to type
    in a number. Is there a way to permanently disable this key? I never use the number pad for anything but numbers, and have no reason to ever turn Num Lock off, so what I am looking for is a way to keep it on, but disable the key so that pressing it no longer
    toggles between On and Off.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Michael Pope (michael.pope), Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

num lock permanently on

1. num lock permanently on - Similar Threads - num lock permanently

2. how to permanently disable Num lock?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to permanently disable Num lock?: Hi, I have an acer laptop, with a row of numbers above the letters, and also, if I engage num lock there is number pad type layout on the right-hand side of the letters on the keyboard. for my bookkeeping I need easy access to numbers and letters simultaneously. I have...
  3. how to permanently disable Num lock?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to permanently disable Num lock?: Hi, I have an acer laptop, with a row of numbers above the letters, and also, if I engage num lock there is number pad type layout on the right-hand side of the letters on the keyboard. for my bookkeeping I need easy access to numbers and letters simultaneously. I have...
  4. how to permanently disable Num lock?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Num lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock: bios numlock is on, registry in default user is set to 2 as well as specific users, as they look date formatted i dont think it matters, but they were all 0 so i changed them all num lock turns off every time i log in. why doesn't microsoft listen to the bios setting, or...
  6. num lock

num lock: My num lock and the number keys on the far right of the keyboard do not work while on the internet. They work normally if not. I can not use the keys to include them in an email. Need some help. By the way the number keys on the top of the keyboard work in both formats....
  7. Turn Num Lock permanently on

Turn Num Lock permanently on: When I'm typing, I make heavy use of the number pad, and very often use the / key. Because of this, I frequently hit the Num Lock key by mistake, and then find myself in an unfamiliar part of the document because I hit Pg Down or Pg Up when trying to type in a number. Is...
  8. Num Lock

Num Lock: Why can't WINDOWS include a setting so that non-gamers can choose to have Num Lock permanently ON unless the keyboard key is depressed. I've tried several 'fixes' but none work and Num Lock comes up OFF every start-up and sometimes goes off randomly during normal use. My PC...
  9. Num Lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Num Lock: When I restart my computer the num lock is disabled. How do I keep it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_8/num-lock/e59ee399-5c71-4de8-8f07-44744b9ee600
  10. Num lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num lock: How do I get NUM LOCK OFF recognized for numbers to print? Characters will not register. 61221