Windows 10: Num Lock randomly turns itself off

Discus and support Num Lock randomly turns itself off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happens multiple times a day where I will go to use the Num Pad and find that Num Lock has turned itself off. I have to turn it back on almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Some Guy Wanting Help, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Num Lock randomly turns itself off

This happens multiple times a day where I will go to use the Num Pad and find that Num Lock has turned itself off. I have to turn it back on almost every time, even though I never turn it off. Why does this happen?

:)

Some Guy Wanting Help, Jun 27, 2021
  2. JB_920 Win User

Windows10 Enable Num Lock when turns ons

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your reply, however I have not had any success.

I had num locked enabled then I followed the steps exactly... unchecked
    Turn on fast startup (recommended)
    and saved the changes. I restarted the computer and num lock is still disabled on start up.

I have also tried another forum suggested method: log in screen press num lock key to enable and then restarting from log in screen. This also did not work. Is it something to do with windows 10??

Thanks

JB_920, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Num lock keeps turning off

Hi,

Was the Num Lock option working fine before? Aside from your observation that it turns off whenever you open Excel, were there any updates performed, or any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

In the meantime, let's check out if the mouse keys are turned off and see if this address the problem. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Start key, select Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, then Mouse.
    • Toggle Off Mouse keys.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Num Lock randomly turns itself off

num lock will not stay on

Hello REBrake,

Just to note, this below is only for num lock on the sign in screen. Double check step 2 below to see if you may need to temporarily turn off Fast Startup.

Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Normally, you Windows 10 will have num lock on or off depending on how it was when last shut down.

Shawn Brink, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Num Lock randomly turns itself off

1. Num Lock randomly turns itself off - Similar Threads - Num Lock randomly

2. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  3. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  4. How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock: I can not find where in the setting to turn off this notifcation. everytime i hit caps lock it alt tabs my games and it really annoying. Please help...
  5. How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock: I can not find where in the setting to turn off this notifcation. everytime i hit caps lock it alt tabs my games and it really annoying. Please help...
  6. Turn Num Lock permanently on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Num Lock permanently on: When I'm typing, I make heavy use of the number pad, and very often use the / key. Because of this, I frequently hit the Num Lock key by mistake, and then find myself in an unfamiliar part of the document because I hit Pg Down or Pg Up when trying to type in a number. Is...
  7. Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad: I'm using Windows 10 and a Logitech wireless keyboard. For some reason when I turn on Num Lock it turns off the forward slash key on the numeric keypad though the * - and . keys still work. It's annoying if I'm trying to type a calculation into a calculator or spreadsheet so...
  8. Num lock keeps turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num lock keeps turning off: My Num Lock keeps turning off every time I turn PC on from Lock/Sleep/Hibernate/Restart/Start. This is really annoying. I've looked everywhere with no success. I have Acer Predator 15....
  9. Turning off Scroll Lock / Num Lock flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off Scroll Lock / Num Lock flashing: Apparently Windows 10, and I don't know for how long before that, has had a feature that when you change Scroll Lock / Num Lock key settings there is a notification that flashes on the screen. I have never used these keys and so have never noticed this annoyance before....
  10. My computer randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer randomly turns itself off: Hi, I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which i replaced. Now my pc runs with two different brand rams bu have same spec, ddr2 2GB 800. anyway I have my pc connected...