Windows 10: Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad

Discus and support Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 and a Logitech wireless keyboard. For some reason when I turn on Num Lock it turns off the forward slash key on the numeric keypad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul_H_770, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad

I'm using Windows 10 and a Logitech wireless keyboard. For some reason when I turn on Num Lock it turns off the forward slash key on the numeric keypad though the * - and . keys still work. It's annoying if I'm trying to type a calculation into a calculator or spreadsheet so it would be nice to find a solution.

:)

Paul_H_770, Feb 3, 2019
  2. passegua Win User

numeric keypad num lock visual feedback

Hi Harshavardhan Rathod and thanks for answering me.

I do not need a feedback on a key stroke.

I do need a feedback on the status of a numeric keypad.

I need to know if that numeric keypad is toggled as cursor arrows or as number input.

If you write:

"there may be no option to visualize the Num Lock on the screen."

Should I still hope that "maybe" there is?

"maybe" somewhere else?

Regards.

passegua, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Num Lock won't work for 10-key

Hello Alana,

We understand your concern in this regard.

• You mean to say, Num Lock key won't work or Numeric keypad won't work?
    • Did you try connecting external keyboard?
    • Is that onscreen keyboard shows the same behavior?
    • When you press Num Lock key, will the Num Lock light key glows on the keyboard?
    Let us know these things to analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad

numeric keypad num lock visual feedback

Hi Passegua,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Please be informed that, there may be no option to visualize the Num Lock on the screen. You can turn on the
    Toggle Keys to hear a tone when the Num Lock is pressed from the Keyboard.

Follow the below steps to turn on the Toggle Keys:

• Right click on the Start icon and select Settings.
    • Click on Ease of Access and select Keyboard from the left pane.
    • Turn On the Toggle Keys and check if it helps.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad

1. Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad - Similar Threads - Num lock turns

2. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  3. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  4. Numeric keypad 'off' has changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numeric keypad 'off' has changed.: Dell Inspiron 15 laptop Windows 11, version 22H2 installed 2022-10-03. Num lock 'on' works fine, and 'off' used to do nothing - also fine. After updates installed Oct 29th num lock 'off' results in these shortcuts when applicable number is pressed: 1 end of the line 2 down...
  5. Numeric keypad 'off' has changed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numeric keypad 'off' has changed.: Dell Inspiron 15 laptop Windows 11, version 22H2 installed 2022-10-03. Num lock 'on' works fine, and 'off' used to do nothing - also fine. After updates installed Oct 29th num lock 'off' results in these shortcuts when applicable number is pressed: 1 end of the line 2 down...
  6. Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....??: Hi all,I'm using a Logitech K470 keyboard & mouse combo German edition and found a funny quirk where every time I press the '-' key on the number pad Windows locks itself.... weird right!? I've tried using PowerToys to remap the key to no avail, and searched all over but...
  7. Num Lock randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num Lock randomly turns itself off: This happens multiple times a day where I will go to use the Num Pad and find that Num Lock has turned itself off. I have to turn it back on almost every time, even though I never turn it off. Why does this happen?...
  8. Numeric keypad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric keypad: My numeric keypad isn't working. I've tried num lock button and still doesn't work. I appreciate any help on this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keypad/28ce7686-3e24-4148-aa23-200dc02181d9
  9. Num lock keeps turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num lock keeps turning off: My Num Lock keeps turning off every time I turn PC on from Lock/Sleep/Hibernate/Restart/Start. This is really annoying. I've looked everywhere with no success. I have Acer Predator 15....
  10. Turning off Scroll Lock / Num Lock flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off Scroll Lock / Num Lock flashing: Apparently Windows 10, and I don't know for how long before that, has had a feature that when you change Scroll Lock / Num Lock key settings there is a notification that flashes on the screen. I have never used these keys and so have never noticed this annoyance before....