Windows 10: Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

Discus and support Number 6 key not working on keyboard! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Right-Public-2238, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that my number 6 key above Y and T is not working at all. No program is able to use this key so I tried trouble shooting with uninstalling the keyboard drivers or updating to the newest driver. I know for a fact it is not a hardware problem because I used this keyboard on 2 other computers and it worked just fine. I also used all the different usb slots on my computer but no success. This key is not super important but I am just confused why I am having such problem.

submitted by /u/Right-Public-2238
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Right-Public-2238, Sep 20, 2020

2. number keys not working in keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the keyboard does not function as you expected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to driver conflicts or changes in the settings.

I suggest you to try the same keyboard with a different computer and make sure that the keyboard is working fine with other computers. I would also suggest you to check whether you are able to access the same keys using the On Screen keyboard provided
    in Windows 10. Please check whether the Number lock indicator is working properly.

As a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to press the
    Windows key + space to change the layout and check if it selected as US English.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

Number keys on keyboard not working except for 5 and 6

Hello Dana,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Confirm if your keyboard had history of possible hardware failure due to accidentally dropping or spilling of any liquid to the said device.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

1. Number 6 key not working on keyboard! - Similar Threads - Number key working

2. Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working: On our PC the number [6] key refuses to work correctly, in that it will not display [6] when pressed.We have tried multiple keyboards, and the online keyboard, and in all cases, [6 ] number will not be displayed.Interestingly, if i enter [Shift] + [6], the it correctly...
  3. Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working: On our PC the number [6] key refuses to work correctly, in that it will not display [6] when pressed.We have tried multiple keyboards, and the online keyboard, and in all cases, [6 ] number will not be displayed.Interestingly, if i enter [Shift] + [6], the it correctly...
  4. Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  6. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  7. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

8. Number keys on keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keys on keyboard are not working.: All the number keys my laptop keyboard stopped working except for the 5 and 6 keys. I can not find a solution to this problem. Can someone please help me?...
  9. Number 6 key not working on my laptop

Number 6 key not working on my laptop: I've come across a problem with my laptop recently - the number 6 key on the internal keyboard will not do anything on my computer. It's not stuck down or anything, and when I shut down and start the computer again, when prompted for a pin, a number of 6s will be spammed by...
  10. number keys not working except 5 and 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    number keys not working except 5 and 6: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...