Windows 10: Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working

Discus and support Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe after a recent update is when the above see subject line happened. It also moved all my icons on main screen all over which I fixed. I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ERNESTMOROZ, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working

I believe after a recent update is when the above see subject line happened. It also moved all my icons on main screen all over which I fixed. I need to know how to get the keys I can't get to work working again without spending tons of money to go to a repair place or completely replacing my laptop. Please respond to me via MY email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or here.

:)

ERNESTMOROZ, Oct 1, 2020
  2. caresrg Win User

Dashes in Phone Numbers?

How do I type dashes instead of dots in phone numbers? There is no dash key on the popup keyboard when editing a person's record!

caresrg, Oct 1, 2020
  3. number keys on right of keyboard

my number keys on my acer laptop do not work on the right key pad even though the number lock is off

bettypotts, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working

Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There should not be an issue with the new laptop and it is not normal for the numerical keys not working on the right side of the keyboard. Please follow the below mentioned methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Turn on NumLock.

I suggest you to turn on the NumLock key, which is on the right side of the keyboard above the number keys and check if the number keys on the right side of the keyboard is working.

If the issue persists follow method 2.

Method 2: Use external keyboard.

Please connect an external keyboard to the laptop and check if that’s working. If yes, then the issue is with the hardware on the new laptop and I would recommend you to get in touch with the place of purchase of the laptop or the
    HP support team, as they could guide on the hardware issues on the laptop.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working

1. Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Number five six

2. Number keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number keys not working: I have a sumsung laptop and everything was working fine yesterday. Today, certain number keys and the caps lock are disabled. I have checked the drives and settings and everything seems correct....
  3. Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde: Hi there,Since January of 2019 my five and six keys along with a few other keys on the keyboard have not been working. I originally chalked this up to a hardware malfunction which is why I'm asking about it two years later. Recently however I found a post on this forum from...
  4. Number keys on keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keys on keyboard are not working.: All the number keys my laptop keyboard stopped working except for the 5 and 6 keys. I can not find a solution to this problem. Can someone please help me?...
  5. My keyboards number six spams and doesn't work

My keyboards number six spams and doesn't work: When i was entering a pin for my account in this laptop number six spams, and when i need it it doesn't work. please help me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboards-number-six-spams-and-doesnt-work/9a43693c-5f9a-4b37-8aaf-5cdd20c12b2d
  6. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number 6 key not working on keyboard!: Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that my number 6 key above Y and T is not working at all. No program is able to use this key so I tried trouble shooting with...
  7. Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard

Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard: and the numbers keys on the right side of the keyboard have never worked. Is this normal for this new computer? ***Modified tittle from: new HP Envy 360 windows 10 laptop***...
  8. Keyboard Number Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Number Key: I have a Envy HP and I cant use the number key on the right side of my keyboard. How can I enable the numbers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-number-key/2546fbe6-7af1-4b47-8f3e-9419bb47f47e
  9. Five and Six keys not working in Windows 10, No. six on number pad not working either

Five and Six keys not working in Windows 10, No. six on number pad not working either: I have a HP pavilion laptop and after an update, the number five and six key stopped working. Along with the key under the esc key and the dash next to the zero. Also on the number keypad, the number is not working either. Its not the keyboard itself since there are several...
  10. Numbers on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numbers on keyboard not working: Since yesterday my keyboard was not working properly, as in upon pressing the shift key, the symbols would not appear. I tried to fix this by using windows recovery, to no avail, these issues appeared as seen in the reliability window. And furthermore, I can only use numbers...