Windows 10: Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager.

Discus and support Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What are the numbers in parentheses beside apps in Task Manager? And what do they mean? One answer i read for this on internet was telling that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by saiatla, May 2, 2020.

1. saiatla Win User

Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager.

What are the numbers in parentheses beside apps in Task Manager? And what do they mean?

One answer i read for this on internet was telling that it is the number of components used by that particular app. But I didn't get what is meant by components.Can anyone explain??

:)

saiatla, May 2, 2020

2. What are the numbers in parentheses beside apps in Task Manager? And what do they mean?

About a year ago I noticed that whenever I click "more details" at the bottom of Task Manager, I noticed that these numbers in parentheses show up beside the open apps that weren't there before; an example would be: Google Chrome (11) or Battle.Net App (5).
    What purpose do these numbers serve? They only started turning up about a year ago and I've had this computer for four years now.

P.S I know this question doesn't fit in this category but I cannot find a category suitable for this question.

TimPinnell, May 2, 2020
  3. Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

Oh, that's interesting! I never in a billion times ten years guessed it meant that!

This is what I see in my TM startup list:

Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager. [​IMG]

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman, May 2, 2020
  4. TerriB Win User

Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

I have (15) next to Google Chrome in my apps list on the task manager. I pulled down the arrow and there is a list of 15 Google Chrome items but what does that really mean to me? I only have 4 tabs open so have no clue what the (15) is representing. They all have good sized memory numbers.

TerriB, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager. - Similar Threads - Number parentheses besides

2. PID number not showing up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PID number not showing up on Task Manager: I’ve been suspecting that someone may have hacked my laptop due to a couple of reasons…and so I researched on ways to find out if my laptop has indeed been hacked and one of the ways was through the netstat -ano command. The article said to take note of the “ESTABLISHED”...
  3. PID number not showing up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PID number not showing up on Task Manager: I’ve been suspecting that someone may have hacked my laptop due to a couple of reasons…and so I researched on ways to find out if my laptop has indeed been hacked and one of the ways was through the netstat -ano command. The article said to take note of the “ESTABLISHED”...
  4. There are no runnig apps in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are no runnig apps in task manager: Hdfu xhjcjc jckv xhjcgzhxjc bxjckvmv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-no-runnig-apps-in-task-manager/3638b6a4-62d9-401b-846e-263d62490aaa
  5. Windows 10 -> Start Menu - Remove numbers from parentheses from apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 -> Start Menu - Remove numbers from parentheses from apps?: I've recently been setting up a new install of windows, I pinned a few apps to the start menu for ease of access like "My PC" , My Documents, My Pictures, Etc. They're starting to getting numbers with Parentheses after them, like My PC 2, and after a restart with an update I...
  6. Component numbers on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Component numbers on Task Manager: does a high component numbers on task manager slow down my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/component-numbers-on-task-manager/80719055-9ccc-4ff4-9143-0a38a6fbef7e
  7. How to change number format in Windows 10 negative numbers in parentheses

How to change number format in Windows 10 negative numbers in parentheses: Hello. I would like to change the number format in Windows 10. I read the following pages below from answers to other posts but they are not helpful. The number format setting is not with Time & Date anymore. I cannot use the normal 'currency' or 'accounting' format in excel...
  8. Same number of cores as processors in Task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same number of cores as processors in Task manager: The short of it is that task manager is displaying the correct number of CPU cores, 6, but also saying that there are only 6 logical processors. Here's the context: I just received the Dell precision 7540 that I ordered so that I can run engineering simulations etc while...
  9. Suspended apps on task manager

Suspended apps on task manager: Hi I was wondering if there is a way I could unsuspend apps or stop them from being suspended in task manager When I try and open a game I have in file explorer it starts processing it for a bit and then suspends it and closes it but its only using less than 4% of the cpu...
  10. Missing app in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing app in Task Manager: Hello, all. I am using the Arduino IDE for programming and the app is not showing up in the Task Manager. I have rebooted several times and it has not solved the problem. In order to close the program, I have to completely reboot the computer. I cannot find anything online...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 task manager number in parentheses